Thread: A medical herb/plant equivalent to cannabis?

Thanks

Default A medical herb/plant equivalent to cannabis?

Based on what I know, marijuana seems to be the plant with the most medical properties as far as I known.
    However, does anybody know other plants that also possess just as many medical benefits as cannabis does. That means on the same level of properties.
    Being on the same base level.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 10,303 Times

i believe in that respect that cannabis is unique i have used and studied medicinal herbs for over 20 years and have yet to find anything that can be as efficacious as cannabis,there are a few what i would say were remarkable in other ways,coconut for one wonderful milk/oil/butter and grows dam good cannabis using its byproducts,many herbs have great medecinal uses some trees i grow for usefull medicinal compounds have great qualitys.the common ones i suppose aloe and purcellin and also seaweed has many uses too.but hemp/cannabis has got to be the winner.also fungi warrant further study as i have found some fungi benificial to more than just plants.peace
    Last edited by Duke1; 16-08-13 at 01:47 PM.

Germanator Guest

there isnt a plant out there that matches the versatility of hemp/marijuana hence why its banned amongst other reasons

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Germanator For This Useful Post:

Duke1 (16-08-13)

Thanks

Hmm... I have only heard about Common Sage being a quite medical plant, but I am unsure of if they are on the same ground level of medical properties.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,399 Times

Opiates have there medical uses so i would say opium poppies maybe..
    current grow - a quick run of Power Plant in mapito by Rory B

"How is it that your fucking stupid soon-to-be-dead friends thought they might be able to steal my cannabis and then sell it back to me? Is this a declaration of war? Is this some white cunt's joke that black cunts don't get? 'Cause Im not fucking laughing Ni-ko-las!"

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Rory Breaker For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Ive read lots of good things about American and Siberian Ginseng. Turmeric ,garlic , Milk Thistle excract and organic cocoa nibs too

Germanator Guest

Milk Thistle is preatty much just for liver, yeaha we can list all of these herbs, but they just dont match the versatility of application that MJ offers

Thanks

Thanks for all the tips so far, but they way I see it, there isnt that many that are on the same base level as marijuana, but maybe I am wrong.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to fritt For This Useful Post:

Duke1 (20-08-13)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 10,303 Times

tea were would we be without tea?
    Quote Originally Posted by fritt View Post
    Thanks for all the tips so far, but they way I see it, there isnt that many that are on the same base level as marijuana, but maybe I am wrong.

nuube Guest

California poppy leaves can be smoke and relax you

Magic mushrooms - the psilocybin can be used in therapy, (personally speaking I think all hallucinogenic plants offer good medicinal benefits).

Milk Thistle

Licorice

St Johns Wort

Nettles

the list goes on. None seem to have as wide ranging effects as our beloved cannabis but there are lots of plants out there to help:

Botanicals

More Botanicals