Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Conscription anyone?

Doubie Guest

I'm all for national service. Itll give my generation a focus, teach them skills, work ethic, pride, self respect and respect for others.

All folks I've spoken to have fond memories of their time spent doing it.

One of the biggest drawbacks is you have an entire generation that's trained to kill lol, but just because you're trained to doesn't mean you don't have a conscious.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Doubie For This Useful Post:

Hempskybergstein Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Doubie View Post
    One of the biggest drawbacks is you have an entire generation that's trained to kill lol, but just because you're trained to doesn't mean you don't have a conscious.
    Being trained to kill is not the same as embarking on whatever trade or route of employment you might of chose had you not been conscripted (unless you choose to go into the armed forces).
    I'm all for freedom of choice, so if someone chooses to learn to focus, be taught new skills, learn strong work ethics, pride, self respect and respect for others they can at anytime they wish too, conscience is the one thing that is needed in such decisions, conscription still doesn't define the traits you mentioned, it has purpose, relying heavily on a choice being made for you, if that is the future for the next generation then that still leaves un discussed little element of authority, who will be giving the orders and will your conscience be part of following these orders out?
    Last edited by Hempskybergstein; 19-08-13 at 05:20 PM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Hempskybergstein For This Useful Post:

Lil Sindigo (19-08-13)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,399 Times

bollocks to it... they can stick their fucking conscription up there assess
    current grow - a quick run of Power Plant in mapito by Rory B

"How is it that your fucking stupid soon-to-be-dead friends thought they might be able to steal my cannabis and then sell it back to me? Is this a declaration of war? Is this some white cunt's joke that black cunts don't get? 'Cause Im not fucking laughing Ni-ko-las!"

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Rory Breaker For This Useful Post:

Billbo78 (19-08-13), Bob2142 (20-08-13), lapse (20-08-13), st4e20 (19-08-13)

Icon Guest

You could go to Berlize and lear Scuba Diving/Sailing with the Navy?
    I remember a mate who was told he wouldnt amount to much by our Gym Teacher (as if he has reached the pinnacles of success) He ended up joining the RAF and flying all manner of helicopters.

ATB
    Icon

Upton Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Hempskybergstein View Post
    So you would want the future generations have the same oppertunities we had or less?
    When I left school I had every oppertunity to join the armed forces, it was a choice I could of made at anytime then, it had nothing to do with work ethics as my parents had already showed me the benefit of working against the benefit you could claim from the government.
    If you argue dolites should be made to sign up to conscription do you think those who already have a good work ethic and pay the tax should have to give up a time in their life when they are laying the foundations to to their own path in life?
    I'm ex army and it didn't do me any harm. I'm also an employer and would rather take on ex members of the armed forces than someone who has no work experience and doesn't want to work ie the typical youth of today. I have trained loads of young lads (at great cost to my company) only to be let down because they can't get out of bed or talk to my customers like cunts.

Supported by loans, with charges that can only be paid off by another loan...........we have been warned about this for thousands of years, its not going to help anyone long term never mind the brickie, the encouragement to spend might be good for the economy if the money being spent is not procured out of thin air in the form of another huge bank loan with interest attached. That deadly cycle still haunts and impedes humanity today as it has always done.
    Most companies have money for growth but its tied up in the hands of main contractors.. we don't want loans we want prompt payment.
    Last edited by Upton; 19-08-13 at 07:34 PM.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Upton For This Useful Post:

Icon Guest

Reading your first reply it sounds like you want them to get out of bed and talk to customers like cunts? What are they Bailiffs? PMSL

Sorry I know its not but tickled me. And Im not been a Grammer Pig Honest.

ATB
    Icon

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Icon For This Useful Post:

ironjustice (19-08-13)

fusen Guest

If you want to go in the army, go in the army. Telling me what I can and can't do after I'm legally an adult is unacceptable and you will get an appropriate response should you try and tell me what to do with my life which will be a swift "fuck off and fuck you". I don't want anything to do with anyone or anything that likes waging morally reprehensible wars.

Count me out of it thanks.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to fusen For This Useful Post:

Billbo78 (19-08-13)

Icon Guest

Quote Originally Posted by fusen View Post
    If you want to go in the army, go in the army. Telling me what I can and can't do after I'm legally an adult is unacceptable and you will get an appropriate response should you try and tell me what to do with my life which will be a swift "fuck off and fuck you". I don't want anything to do with anyone or anything that likes waging morally reprehensible wars.

Count me out of it thanks.
    I genuinely respect your views and opinions on not been told what to do, however
    Any Tax you pay (VAT on a Mars bar, duty on alcohol for example) is funding those Wars
    So by your own admission you should leave the country.
    There is conscription that is sympathetic to pacifists.

I think we could have predicted this thread to pan out like this. I dont mean anything by that other then we seem to have stereo typical views.
    I fully admit I would have been against it at my age but thats because I had plans for my life, looking back it would have done me no harm, but i was expected to join a long established family business. Things didnt pan out that way but I have done very well.

I see a lot of positives and the only negative is that teenagers are obstinate when been told what to do.

If it did happen then the ones that will thrive are the ones that take the opportunities and I dont see so many of those around in the Cities and suburbs or country for that matter.

Very interesting discussion
    ATB
    Icon

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Icon For This Useful Post:

ironjustice (19-08-13), nevertoohigh (19-08-13)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,147 Times

http://services.parliament.uk/bills/...alservice.html

2nd reading: House of Commons | 06.09.2013

keeping my eyes on this one.
    Thanks for posting mate. Vaguely remember conscription being mentioned a while ago, but hadn't heard since. Nice job.
    Super Lemon Haze and Tangerine Dream Growhttps://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...ntored-by-FACE

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Smokesmanship For This Useful Post:

fusen Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Icon View Post
    I genuinely respect your views and opinions on not been told what to do, however
    Any Tax you pay (VAT on a Mars bar, duty on alcohol for example) is funding those Wars
    So by your own admission you should leave the country.
    There is conscription that is sympathetic to pacifists.

I think we could have predicted this thread to pan out like this. I dont mean anything by that other then we seem to have stereo typical views.
    I fully admit I would have been against it at my age but thats because I had plans for my life, looking back it would have done me no harm, but i was expected to join a long established family business. Things didnt pan out that way but I have done very well.

I see a lot of positives and the only negative is that teenagers are obstinate when been told what to do.

If it did happen then the ones that will thrive are the ones that take the opportunities and I dont see so many of those around in the Cities and suburbs or country for that matter.

Very interesting discussion
    ATB
    Icon
    Trust me Icon, when we invaded Iraq in early 2000's I have done everything I can since to pay as little tax as possible. You can't live in this world without following the rules, you can't go to another country without following the rules and if you don't follow the rules you either end up in prison or living like a cave man. I have considered both leaving the country and going living in a tent, I can do neither as I am responsible for a family member who can't do either of those things even if they wanted too. Catch 22. When I pay my council tax I do so but on acceptance of a letter confirming they have received my notice saying I am only paying you because if I don't you will kidnap me and prosecute me and I state my reasons for not wanting to pay and I am only paying under duress and threat of imprisonment.

I would leave the country if I could, but where would I go? Nearly every country on earth is the same(tax or some other form of extortion). I am amused how most seem to think not liking being told what to do must be an adolescent trait. Baseless and completely unsubstantiated.

Edit: There is also a huge difference between being forced to pay for a war, and being forced to fight in one.
    Last edited by fusen; 19-08-13 at 08:10 PM.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fusen For This Useful Post:

lapse (20-08-13)

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast