Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Why is cancer research so heavily researched when cannabis is already a cure?

Cuda Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymiss View Post
    My feeling on this sort of subject is, having receptors for particular chemicals is not necessarily a reason to assume that using those chemicals is beneficial — The opioid and nicotinic receptors might be examples.

Of course, some receptors may have beneficial effects, and they should probably be investigated thoroughly

I understand how cancer works (although I'll take your word on the ID1 thing, because I don't know about that), and if what you say about the effect of THC and CBD is true then things do indeed look hopeful.

However, has this effect been demonstrated in humans, or indeed in any live animals? (I mean in proper large-scale trials.) And if it has, how long were the subjects monitored for afterwards? I think answering these questions will probably be a turning point, and that until then it will impossible to say with any certainty whether it works or not. And proving the claim of it never coming back will need even more trials and research.

Even if it is demonstrated in humans (and moving slightly outside the scope of the discussion), to get anything to the point where it's available as a a 'medicine' it has to be shown to be effective, without harmful side effects, and (I think) at least as good as the current best in class treatment. That's definitely not going to happen without those trials, and probably more on top.

I think that's the whole problem, really, nobody has done the trials. I'd love to see them performed, but I don't see it happening particularly soon

Thank you
    First things first.... Youre welcome.
    I really enjoy talking with you anonymiss. Its nice to have some intellectual debating now and again. Even if we dont always agree I couldnt be arsed last night tho as it was late but glad I did in the end

The thing is with receptors is that because THC and CBD are a certain shape, they fit into the receptors that are there for chemicals that already occur in the body. I think its just a jammy fluke of nature but the way they effect cells leads to suggest that they will always do more good then harm. They seem to regulate what would be normal functioning of cells and amplify their effects. Thats also why a lot of stoners are skinny even though they get munchies and eat shite. Because their systems are running at optimal levels and metabolism is increased, food is processed more efficiently.

Unfortunatly, due to government, drug companies and the UN, the studies needed to show exactly what happens just havent been done yet. Cancer research UK has the funds and resources to carry oit these tests but it just isnt interested. I have been emailing them once a week for a year asking why and explaining how it all works and have had nothing back. I believe scientists in israel will be the ones to make the first major breakthroughs. They created a strain containing mostly CBD called advikiel. Now if cannabis is only illegal because of its psychoactive propperties then this strain should be legal. Seeds are yet to be released to the public tho.

Sent using Tapatalk 2 during work hours because I can!

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cuda For This Useful Post:

Grandad (22-08-13), StonEdd (22-08-13)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 10,303 Times

i long for the day when we can volunteer to be guinea pigs for cannabis treatment for whatever it works for but to me until the fight to get medical research on living human patients can be produced i will continue to refer to it as a treatment,not a cure.i to have read most available research on cannabinoids and have still found only laboratory or 2nd hand evidence all of which has been on small animals or in test tubes and petri dishes.we need to get research done now,not when the fuckwits that are meant to look after there people decide to,we need change and we need it as soon as possible.if theres even a treatment for 1 type of cancer surely its got to be worth the trouble? as i say i have seen with my own eyes the effect it has on skin cancers(3 diff types)and i can say hand on heart that it semms to have completely removed some quite extensive patches of skin cancer,so yes that gives great hope to me that it will work with other cancer types.peace all.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Duke1 For This Useful Post:

Grandad (22-08-13), StonEdd (22-08-13)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,463 Times

Thank you guys for a debate and not a "I know, you know shit" fest.
    I'd love to call canna oil a cure all but being at the sharp end it's just not the case. It is however a fantastic asset in many cases as it's sometimes showing to be a stand alone treatment.
    I've heard that human trials will take place in Spain soon but not how we all would like it to be.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to VMAX For This Useful Post:

Cuda Guest

Spain is the place to be these days. The laws are so relaxed its unreal. Too bad the majority of police don't actually know what the laws are eh lol

Sent from my ARCHOS 80 COBALT using Tapatalk 4

Thanks

Well no matter if cannabis has not had any clinical trials to prove that marijuana does treat cancer. I would still most likely prefer weed because chemotherapy I view as more of a poision.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fritt For This Useful Post:

Duke1 (23-08-13)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 10,303 Times

bless the spanish,atleast someones making a start!i just wish our so called goverment would take a leaf out of spains and some others attitude,even israel with all its troubles is light years ahead of the uk in cannabinoid research,sad really as we meant to have some of the best scientists in the world.i hope and pray the human trials are a success.
    Quote Originally Posted by VMAX View Post
    Thank you guys for a debate and not a "I know, you know shit" fest.
    I'd love to call canna oil a cure all but being at the sharp end it's just not the case. It is however a fantastic asset in many cases as it's sometimes showing to be a stand alone treatment.
    I've heard that human trials will take place in Spain soon but not how we all would like it to be.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Duke1 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,269 Times

We all have cancer cells in our bodies, I read earlier today that we may all suffer an event six to ten times through our lives, (although I do realise that sounds a little silly), but if we are generally healthy and our diet and environment is good, the bodies natural defences will fight them off, so it appears to me that just being tested at the wrong time could mean your doctor will put you through chemo and radio in order to kill off these cells. Of course, these alopathic treatments are supposed to kill the bad cells, but inevitably kill good cells, therefore reducing the bodies abillity to heal itself, a bad time to start killing your immune system when you are already sick!

I have had a recurring infection for the last ten to fifteen years since having a vasectomy. I have taken three courses of antibiotics that did not work, each time wishing I had not taken the course in the first place as antibiotics also kill the wrong cells. I decided to let my body sort it out, now, if I am run down or dehydrated for a period of time, the infection will recurr. I generally use this as a yardstick to keep up my good health and take things a bit more easy. maybe the oil I am about to make will clear it up, maybe I am lucky that I have an early warning system.

Maybe we need to look at cancer a little differently, rather than thinking of a cure, we think of the body working as it should, controlling "bad" cells, not eradicating them. We are force fed no end of harmful chemicals and compounds, from shampoos to aspartame, wifi to engine fumes, growth hormones in meat to pesticides on our veg. If we are to survive, we need to take responsibility for our own health, not run to a stranger (doctor) and ask him whats wrong with us, and what can he give us to make us feel better, did everyone forget we manged to stay alive for thousands of years before Astra Zeneca and Bayer came along?

As regards the OP, sorry bud, it's horrible to realise that there are many natural "cures" that have been tried and tested such as hemp oil and essiac, and god only knows how many more have been discovered and quickly locked away.
    Every expensive course of radio or chemo is paid through either National or private insurance, it's essentially another form of taxation designed to take money from the slaves to give to the masters, who duly use that money to create more cancer in food, in the air, in drinks, in the environment.

Shite state of affairs!
    ...the never ending journey on the edge of time...

Five years, not banned yet!

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to katy For This Useful Post:

Eddie1z (03-11-13), VMAX (03-11-13)

Thanks

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	img94.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	23.9 KB 
ID:	249597

Capitalism

There are about half a million people in the UK employed by charities. It is a major part of the British economy.

With regards to research into medical cannabis, there is simply no money to be made for the major pharmaceutical companies.

What kind of treatment do Capitalist corporations want to "discover" for cancer?

They want to find a drug which can be manufactured by chemists and patented.

For example when Valium was patented, it cost about $10 a kilo to manufacture and it sold in tablet form for about $20,000 a kilo.

That is the kind of thing pharmaceutical companies seek.

Google "pharmaceutical industry donations to political parties uk" for example, as to why the uk government wants to keep cannabis illegal.

Also consider: http://www.cancerresearchuk.org/scie...stry-alliances with regards to the partnerships this so called charity has with major big pharma companies, and their offer to share "profits" with them.

Cannabis is a natural plant and cannot be patented anymore than a potato or an oak tree or a blade of grass can be patented.

Cannabis is a direct threat to the trillion dollar a year pharma industry and the multi-billion dollar a year chemo-therapy business, which is essentially a killing business, as chemo kills healthy cells as well as cancer cells and has a very tiny success rate.

A vast number of medicines which are sold for vast profit margins on the shelves of chemists would face declining sales in the face of cannabis as a medicine.

Your government wants to kill you and let big pharma profit by it and it is as simple as that.

Cancer Research is a total scam which exploits numerous very sincere people who donate to it and is totally dedicated to protecting the Capitalist pharmaceutical corporations who are killing machines.

A third of you will die of cancer; a third of your friends and family members will die of it and a third of your children will die of it; if you worry about that it is "not" paranoia (i.e., a false fear).

If you are not totally furious about this matter, you should be.

In light of the evidence of the effectiveness of medical cannabis (which could be produced legally for about $1.60 a pound), the only thing which prevents access to this medicine for billions of people is human evil and greed in a Capitalist economy.

The conditions for revolution will only be created when the masses are infuriated and angry.

The utter contempt for human evil is a necessary condition for the eradication of evil.

"Love your enemy" is the mantra of a slave and the propaganda of a slave religion.

L

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mikhail-bakunin-quotes-4.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	66.3 KB 
ID:	249598

Thanks

"The real crime is not growing your medicine at home; it is allowing an international pharmaceutical company (GW Pharma) to charge £125 for half a gram of cannabis oil" http://ukcsc.co.uk/home-office-moves...now-in-effect/

Here we have an example of pure greed.

I have never made cannabis oil but I understand that to make a gram of oil, you need about 10 grams of bud (and we don't know if GW pharma are using bud or bud "and" leaf and they don't reveal what varieties of cannabis they are using (unlike the US medical marijuana pharmacies).

Thus to make the equivalent of a half gram of Sativex oil, you would need 5 grams of bud.

You can buy 5 grams of strong bud in Amsterdam (where coffee shops still have to buy from growers at black market prices) for 6 euros a gram.

Thus you could make the half gram of cannabis oil for £25 in Holland with a simple butane extraction device which you can purchase cheaply in Holland. No need for a PhD in chemistry.

Essentiallly the pharmaceutical industry wants to charge you many times the current black market price if you are in need of a medicine.

This is nothing other than pure greed.

However the UK grower who is willing to sell you cannabis at black market prices which are still a fraction of the GW pharma price can be sent to jail.

This is simply the denial of a medicine for the sake of profit.

The profit of a few Capitalists is more important than the health of the nation.

If the Capitalists cannot make a profit, you will be denied healthcare.

If cannabis were grown legally in the same fields that are now used by farmers to grow potatoes (etc.) then it has been estimated that farmers would sell their crops for $1.60 per pound (same as tobacco) and a pound is 448 grams which could produce about 50 grams of oil.

A half gram of oil should thus really only cost you 1.5 pence, not £125.

So you can see how this would infuriate and mess up the business of the major pharmaceutical companies.

You cannot have an essential medicine because "greed is good."

Your government does not care about your suffering and death; it cares far more about big business.

L

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Lucifer666 For This Useful Post:

TokeItUpUK (13-02-14)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4