Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11

Thread: Making Canna Butter.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,269 Times

Hi .... Has anyone tried making cannabutter in a pressure cooker? Here's what I did:
    I decarbed 4 oz of trim (sugar leafs fan leafs stems and airy popcorn buds on the lowest heat setting on my oven for 20 minutes. This process stunk up my house. Then I added 1kg of unsalted butter with a cup of coconut oil to a pressure cooker. Then added my trim and water. I cooked the butter for an hour. Then released the pressure and checked everything. Then I cooked it again for another half hour. I strained the hard material out and was left with the butter and water.
    I set everything in the fridge overnight and the next morning I separated the water and butter.
    I made cookies with this butter. 2 people tripped big time on a single small cookie. Others said they high was heavy and lasted til next day.
    I personally take 2 cookies and I'm totaled from 10pm until the next morning!
    Check out my current TriStrain grow

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DrCannaP For This Useful Post:

denots (05-01-15), leyus (07-01-15)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 6,931 Times

Quote Originally Posted by leyus View Post
    It doesn't matter how old or new it is if it works. I don't use method from this guide, or that other guide but both will work just fine. I use slow cook method combined with step 1 from guide that I linked and combined with decarboxylation which you just mentioned, I found this wombo combo of steps taken from various methods most suitable for my needs. Simply without step 1 slow cook method gives too green canna butter, with too green taste (chlorophyll dominates it). That is all I was trying to say, not that one guide is better then the other or something so don't take it personal please, your guide is great. You can probably notice yourself if you compare pictures that your butter have way less impacted by chlorophyll colour then slow cook butter, I assume it is due to time factor.

I should say I used to use, because with over 1 kg of cannabutter with dose 5 g to know, 10 g to go I don't need to make any more, simply I have more then enough for a long long time.

With slow cook method and water cooking step added decarboxylation will happen by itself mostly, I still keep it but it adds just a little bit kick to it but it is not entirely necessary. It is necessary if you go with things like firecrackers or recepies that have fairly short cooking time. With slow cook I just leave it overnight, so 12 -17 hours depending when I fill like taking it out, so in this time decarboxylation should be done anyway by itself, but as I say, for peace of mind I do short one before.
    I wasn't taking anything personally Leyus, just putting my 2Ps worth in mate. I just find my way suits me as your way suits you.
    Thanks for your input dude.

Quote Originally Posted by DrCannaPath View Post
    Hi .... Has anyone tried making cannabutter in a pressure cooker? Here's what I did:
    I decarbed 4 oz of trim (sugar leafs fan leafs stems and airy popcorn buds on the lowest heat setting on my oven for 20 minutes. This process stunk up my house. Then I added 1kg of unsalted butter with a cup of coconut oil to a pressure cooker. Then added my trim and water. I cooked the butter for an hour. Then released the pressure and checked everything. Then I cooked it again for another half hour. I strained the hard material out and was left with the butter and water.
    I set everything in the fridge overnight and the next morning I separated the water and butter.
    I made cookies with this butter. 2 people tripped big time on a single small cookie. Others said they high was heavy and lasted til next day.
    I personally take 2 cookies and I'm totaled from 10pm until the next morning!
    If that works for you DCP, then crack on mate, everyone to there own like.
    And thanks for your input to.
    Keep it Sticky

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty, well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, thoroughly used, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming.. fuck, what a trip!

2 Luton Cheese in RDWC, Current Grow.
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-forum/showthread.php?125841-LUTON-CHEESE-in-RDWC-by-Denots
    New Groom, New Grow. Completed.
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-forum/subscription.php
    2 Blue Cheese, 1 Farm Scrog. Completed.
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...-cheese-1-farm
    White Widow x Big Bud, mentored by Grandad. Completed.
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...red-by-Grandad
    5 Outdoor Auto's. Northern Lights, Bio Diesel Mass, Auto Skunk Mass, Gigantes and hercules. Completed.
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...n-outdoor-grow.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to denots For This Useful Post:

DrCannaP (05-01-15), leyus (07-01-15), MrG (05-01-15)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,269 Times

Quote Originally Posted by denots View Post
    I wasn't taking anything personally Leyus, just putting my 2Ps worth in mate. I just find my way suits me as your way suits you.
    Thanks for your input dude.

If that works for you DCP, then crack on mate, everyone to there own like.
    And thanks for your input to.
    Thank YOU, bro........
    This was the first time I made the cannabutter. Tried searching a lot about the use of a pressure cooker with little return. Then I figured I'll try it anyway and see how it turns out.
    Happy growing and happier smoking and/baking!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to DrCannaP For This Useful Post:

denots (06-01-15)

Thanks

Pretty sure you read my mind today. I was just about to search some canna butter recipes but I think I found it. Cant wait to give it a try.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Squid For This Useful Post:

denots (09-01-15), MrG (09-01-15)

Thanks

Nice one, let us know how you get on, hope you enjoy.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to denots For This Useful Post:

MrG (09-01-15)

Thanks

Thanks a lot!

Thanks

Thanks for this the waters gonna make the difference

13. The Following User Says Thank You to holisticroofer For This Useful Post:

denots (01-02-15)

Thanks

It's a must mate.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to denots For This Useful Post:

MrG (01-02-15)

Thanks

Hey I use a very similar method for making canna butter except I use really fine cheese cloth for straining. It give you a true pure butter, also makes squeezing out all the butter simpler. But to get a truly strong strong and potent butter I highly recommend you decarboxylate your bud first, it really makes a difference.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to StonedClassy For This Useful Post:

MrG (17-02-15)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 23,546 Times

Quote Originally Posted by StonedClassy View Post
    Hey I use a very similar method for making canna butter except I use really fine cheese cloth for straining. It give you a true pure butter, also makes squeezing out all the butter simpler. But to get a truly strong strong and potent butter I highly recommend you decarboxylate your bud first, it really makes a difference.
    Care to elaborate?

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11