Thread: Think Different or Auto Pounder indoor autoflower first grow

Thanks

Default Think Different or Auto Pounder indoor autoflower first grow

I am looking into autos for a quick crop with decent yield. I am caught between to plants: "Think Different" by Dutch Passion and "Auto Pounder" by Auto Seeds. I have seen many good grows of the think different strain (more than 4oz on a plant), but the auto pounder claims yields as much as 450g/m2. Auto Pounder is a newer strain I believe so can not find any grow logs yet. I would appreciate some feedback from those having grown either of these.

My setup: Indoor, 1000w mh(frist 4 weeks), 1000w hps(5+ weeks), soil (fox farm ocean forest/Light warrior mixture), fox farm soil trio nutes. Not sure how many plants to grow, but was thinking 5-6.

Thanks in advance

2. The Following User Says Thank You to rhcutler1229 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 8,585 Times

Think different and auto pounder are not the quickest of autos from what i have read/seen... yes think different has some high yields, but they normally take 13 weeks to finish so not really sure that would be the one for what you are after... i have grown a few autos and some finish faster than others, had some finish in 68 days and yield 3 zips an had some no even finished in 16 weeks... no slagging autos as i love them and think they have their place... just saying that you may be better of finding a decent fast flowering photo strain and vegging for 3-4 first...

good luck with what ever autos you go with.. have a look at dinafems range had some bigguns from them myself....

Peace...IJ

4. The Following User Says Thank You to ironjustice For This Useful Post:

rhcutler1229 (02-09-13)

Thanks

dna auto pounder lemon

YUM

EC goes up, PH goes down = Plants require less nutrients
    EC goes down, PH goes up = Plants require more nutrients
    EC stable, PH stable = Spot on

MrMojorising Guest

with the lights you describe i also think you should go with a photo period strain,
    you'll get a bigger yield,usually the big grows of autos are done hydro style so bigger plants,
    for a soil grower that cuts the yield down straight away.

but with a decent photo period strain in soil you could grow some nice size plants.
    you would have to run alot of autos to match the yield of a photo strain with less plants

7. The Following User Says Thank You to MrMojorising For This Useful Post:

rhcutler1229 (02-09-13)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,209 Times

Default Think Different or Auto Pounder indoor autoflower first grow

I've grown auto pounder twice & now have a third. Its in my sig at the bottom alongside a Strawberry Cheesecake photo plant.

From two plants under a 400w hps i pulled 2 oz dry. Buds were massive though. Really easy plant to grow imo, never had any troubles with it. Took me 9wks plus a wk after flush so about 10 in total from seed to finish.

Hope this helps!

**edited this as i saw you're using 1000w mh/hps!

Current Grow : Strawberry Cheesecake & Auto Pounder - https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...d.php?t=103468
    My First Grow! Jack Flash #5 Under CFL
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...-CFL-Diary#top

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LittleMissBlue For This Useful Post:

rhcutler1229 (03-09-13)

Thanks

http://www.dutch-passion.nl/en/news-...o2-enrichment/ this is incredible. I think i may switch to a dual output bulb and do 5 think different while vegging 4 photos (critical kush)

MrMojorising Guest

autos and hydro work well )