Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Venus fly traps...

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,107 Times

Attachment 221304

Group shot

Sent from my iPhone because everytime I go on the computer the wife wants the computer...

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 8,585 Times

Quote Originally Posted by 2high View Post
    Attachment 221302

Nice eh if I don't see it eat soon I'll hand feed it before it sleeps lol

Sent from my iPhone because everytime I go on the computer the wife wants the computer...
    yes mate it looks great, i am happier now as mine looks a bit like yours, (bit flatter and more battered lol) but the mouths are mostly closed, only some are half open.. was yours like this when it arrived? ill get some pics up of mine tomorrow..

Attachment 221304

Group shot

very nice indeed mate... looks like they are all thriving as well so your doing something right!

Thanks for the pics... IJ

Thanks

yeah mate, when it arrived it was well squashed and all the traps closed, it took a couple of weeks to look like it does now, I've been putting them out in the garden near the bin when its nice out, loads of flies there

4. The Following User Says Thank You to 2high For This Useful Post:

ironjustice (07-09-13)

Thanks

yeah mate, when it arrived it was well squashed and all the traps closed, it took a couple of weeks to look like it does now, I've been putting them out in the garden near the bin when its nice out, loads of flies there
    good stuff mate, some of the traps are almost open on one today so looks like they are gonna pull through... just noticed one had another trap in its gob, so they are cannibalistic as well pmsl....

cheers...IJ

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ironjustice For This Useful Post:

2high (07-09-13)

Thanks

@ 2high.... Just ordered the beginners collection myself, along with a larger VFT and a bag of their compost so i can repot these smaller ones as well.... lol my house is like a jungle now as it is with peace lilllys bromeliad's and other things... lol always been interested in venus fly traps though, a fair few of my traps had opened as well today but i touched them with a pen to see them close cos im like a big kid lol

cheers for the pointer to the beginners collection.. looks really good value for money imo..

Cheers...IJ

8. The Following User Says Thank You to ironjustice For This Useful Post:

2high (07-09-13)

Thanks

No worries mate, have a look on youtube, some videos on there about caring for them and splitting them into smaller plants when they get to big..

my venus fly trap caught one today while out by the bin so i'm pleased about that lol, and the pitchers are funny, you can hear the flies buzzing their last a day after being caught

Thanks

yeah cheers mate been on youtube today looking at the videos, some good ones on there fair play.... and to big? i want to grow a massive one if i can, but we will see if i can keep the little bleeders alive first..

glad your trap had one today... my mate got one the other day from the garden center and said its a right greedy bugger and has had daddy long legs and all sorts.. said you could see the legs sticking out of the jaws lmfao!!! the pitcher plants sound brilliant too, honestly cant wait to get the new ones now will have 4 fly traps and the other three plants that come in the collection then... my house is becoming a forest right now, got plants every where making up for not being able to grow at home

Peace...IJ

Thanks

just sit them in a pot of rain water every few days,it works for me anyways.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by marleyscheese13 View Post
    just sit them in a pot of rain water every few days,it works for me anyways.
    mine are presently sat in tray with rain water in it in their pots buddy... have you kept your for long? and do you do anything special with them over winter?

Cheers for your reply...IJ

Thanks

50/50 moss peat and pelite. Ive got lots of carnivorous plant. Its not good to hand feed them its stresses them out and could kill them. They dont like it indoors. Most can handle very low temps when they go dormant. Keep them wet and sitting in rain water untill they go dormant

14. The Following User Says Thank You to trubz For This Useful Post:

ironjustice (08-09-13)

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast