Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 35

Thread: Yellow Leaves with Brown/Rusty Spots, Help!

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Liverpool
    Posts
    225
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default Yellow Leaves with Brown/Rusty Spots, Help!

    Hello all.

    My plants r 52 days old now, week 3 into flowering.

    Ive noticed on my white widow that some of the middle to lower leaves r developing brown/rusty spots then turning yellow from the tip down. None of the affected leaves r completely yellow, only about half of the leaf.

    The weird thing is that the spots appear first then the yellowing. What can this be?

    Its gettin fed on 2ml bio-bloom and 1ml top-max, it was fed 1ml of grow once on the first feed.

    Lights on temps range from 25c-28c, and humidity ranges from 40-59. I dont know the figures 4 lights off, I can imagine it wont get any cooler than 18c.

    Firstly I thought it could of been N def, but the spots rule that out!

    Then I thought of pests but theres no signs of insects or web anywhere and the other plants would of been affected as well.

    Lastly I thought it could of been Magnesium def but the plant is too young yet to get M def and also the spots rule that out.

    Ill get a pic posted later cos the lights r off atm, but in the mean time what do u think it could be? The problem isnt very serious but it does raise alarms if u know what i mean? I dont what it to worsen! Help apreciated.
    DR120 Tent.
    Diamond Reflector.
    Grolux 600W 'Dual Spectrum' Lamp.
    RUCK Fan & Rhino Pro Filter.
    2x 6" Clip-On Fans.
    Small Intake Tower Fan.

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Liverpool
    Posts
    225
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Ok, ive just took some pix of some of the affected leaves after I watered...





    Does this help things? What do u think it might be? Is it normal for a plant 3 weeks into flower to start yellowing/spotting its leaves? Help aprreciated!

  3. #3

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Floating about 3ft above where I think I am.
    Posts
    855
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 22 Times in 9 Posts

    Default

    you need to give a dose of epsom salts m8, it's about time. Will sort it all out nicely.
    Work to live life. Don't live life to work!!!!!

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Liverpool
    Posts
    225
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    So it looks like M def? I did suspect it like. Will I have time to buy some epsom salts or will it die? Also shall I give the epsom salts to the unaffected plants as well?

    Where can I buy epsom salts locally? and whats the brand/product name? cheers syanlar

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    i forgot!!
    Posts
    308
    Thanks
    63
    Thanked 59 Times in 42 Posts

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by evo4ever View Post
    So it looks like M def? I did suspect it like. Will I have time to buy some epsom salts or will it die? Also shall I give the epsom salts to the unaffected plants as well?

    Where can I buy epsom salts locally? and whats the brand/product name? cheers syanlar
    u can got it from any chemists mate... commonly used as a hang-over cure!!

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Liverpool
    Posts
    225
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bucketluggs View Post
    u can got it from any chemists mate... commonly used as a hang-over cure!!
    Will my supermarket sell it? EG ASDA?

  7. #7

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Floating about 3ft above where I think I am.
    Posts
    855
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 22 Times in 9 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by evo4ever View Post
    Will my supermarket sell it? EG ASDA?
    Possibly, it's becoming harder to get hold of tbh. Some garden centres sell it also. Between the 3 - supermarket, chemist and garden centre you should get lucky. I,m on the hunt myself.

    If you can;t find any do a big flush instead. The MG definciency is caused by nute lock out so you can;t just add more of it to sort it out. The plant won;t absorb it. Better to find some if you can. It goes a long way and sorts a lot of problems.

    Give it to all. It's one of those 'tonic' type of additives, always good to give once approx. 3 wks into flower regardless if mg def is showing or not.

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Liverpool
    Posts
    225
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by syanlar View Post
    Possibly, it's becoming harder to get hold of tbh. Some garden centres sell it also. Between the 3 - supermarket, chemist and garden centre you should get lucky. I,m on the hunt myself.

    If you can;t find any do a big flush instead. The MG definciency is caused by nute lock out so you can;t just add more of it to sort it out. The plant won;t absorb it. Better to find some if you can. It goes a long way and sorts a lot of problems.

    Give it to all. It's one of those 'tonic' type of additives, always good to give once approx. 3 wks into flower regardless if mg def is showing or not.
    Will M def quickly kill off my plants or have I got time to buy some epsom? Its a sunday and everywheres closed! I should be able to get some tomorrow. When I do get some epsom is it still nessarsary to do a flush?

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    In Yur Soak!
    Posts
    6,764
    Thanks
    1,059
    Thanked 1,425 Times in 986 Posts

    Default

    you shouldn't need to flush but keep a good eye on them over the next few days. waiting till tomoro to ad mg should be ok, just try and get it done asap.

    if your looking in a chemist it'll look something like this:


    my small local chemist had tons of the stuff. good luck.

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Liverpool
    Posts
    225
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tay View Post
    you shouldn't need to flush but keep a good eye on them over the next few days. waiting till tomoro to ad mg should be ok, just try and get it done asap.

    if your looking in a chemist it'll look something like this:


    my small local chemist had tons of the stuff. good luck.
    So there not gonna die if i get the mg 2m?

  11. #11

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    200
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 10 Times in 3 Posts

    Default

    hi, i got my epsom salts off ebay, well cheap!!!! even came with an info sheet saying how much to use

    Bargain!

    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/100-Pure-Epsom...742.m153.l1262!!!!

  12. #12

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Liverpool
    Posts
    225
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Do u think I could have a N def as well? Cos now my other plants r showin similar symtoms to the one discussed. Some of the lowest leaves on the other plants r goin completely yellow with no spots or browning, and I think its progressin further up the plant cos some of the middle ones have slight yellowness!

    Ive only ever fed them once with bio-grow for nitrogen, they've been livin off N in the soil.

    Do u think I should mix epsom and bio-grow for their next water?
    Last edited by evo4ever; 17-05-09 at 11:38 PM.

  13. #13

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Sagala
    Posts
    422
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts

    Default

    If you potted up just before flowering, I'd throw in a bit of BioGrow right now. I use it almost to the end
    "Certain
    Kinds of people that we like to know, yeah
    And others gotta go
    If you wait 'till you're ready, then you'll never make an amends"

  14. #14

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Liverpool
    Posts
    225
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yavana View Post
    If you potted up just before flowering, I'd throw in a bit of BioGrow right now. I use it almost to the end
    Yeah I was thinkin about that myself! Right... some good news, I managed to get some epsom salts!! Epsom Salts by westland! very suprising!

    Heres a pic, tell me if this is the right product, better be lol...



    Before I bought it I made sure there wasnt any other adulterants in it. By the looks of it its pure epsom salts.

    Ingredients:

    "EC Fertiliser Magnesium Sulphate Epsom Salts"
    "Magnesium Oxide (MgO) soluble in water 16.5% (10% Mg)"

    Is this the real deal? Cost me 3.99!!

    Here a link to ithttp://www.gardencentre.co.uk/product.asp?id=3398

    Got it from my local garden centre.

    Right... Ive gotta think about applying it now.

    Im gonna mix it with some bio-grow as well, and how much epsom salts for a 6.5L watering can?

  15. #15

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    i forgot!!
    Posts
    308
    Thanks
    63
    Thanked 59 Times in 42 Posts

    Default

    that should be perfect evo...

    i`m in week4 12/12 now and not used it as yet... kinda hoping i wont need to, but we`l see.......

  16. #16

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Liverpool
    Posts
    225
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bucketluggs View Post
    that should be perfect evo...

    i`m in week4 12/12 now and not used it as yet... kinda hoping i wont need to, but we`l see.......
    Any ideas on dosage m8? Ive never used this stuff before lol...

  17. #17

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Floating about 3ft above where I think I am.
    Posts
    855
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 22 Times in 9 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yavana View Post
    If you potted up just before flowering, I'd throw in a bit of BioGrow right now. I use it almost to the end
    I don;t agree and there have been big debates on here about using grow after wk 2 of flowering. I say do NOT. It will make your bud leafy and will not taste as good as it could.

    I used to give a small amount of grow up until the end and then went some with some advice I had on this forum. To say I was impressed with the end result is an understatement.

  18. #18

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Floating about 3ft above where I think I am.
    Posts
    855
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 22 Times in 9 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by evo4ever View Post
    Do u think I could have a N def as well? Cos now my other plants r showin similar symtoms to the one discussed. Some of the lowest leaves on the other plants r goin completely yellow with no spots or browning, and I think its progressin further up the plant cos some of the middle ones have slight yellowness!

    Ive only ever fed them once with bio-grow for nitrogen, they've been livin off N in the soil.

    Do u think I should mix epsom and bio-grow for their next water?
    There will be all sorts of deficiencies at the moment. The problem is that the plant is unable to absorb any of the micronutrients it needs. By adding the epsom salts you will allow the plant to access the rest of the nutes (including the nitrogen that is still in the soil). Once you add the epsom they will take off again.

    Trust me, have I been wrong yet?

    Do not add any more grow nutes. The epsom will sort it for you. Yellowing of lower leaves after wk 2/3 of flowering is GOOD and shows the plant is diverting it;s energy to flowering. You do NOT want anymore vegetative or leaf growth from now on.

  19. #19

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Floating about 3ft above where I think I am.
    Posts
    855
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 22 Times in 9 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by evo4ever View Post
    Any ideas on dosage m8? Ive never used this stuff before lol...
    One heaped tablespoon per 10ltrs. Dissolve it a small cup of warm water first and add that solution the rest of the 10ltrs.

    And no GROW. LOL

  20. #20

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Liverpool
    Posts
    225
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by syanlar View Post
    One heaped tablespoon per 10ltrs. Dissolve it a small cup of warm water first and add that solution the rest of the 10ltrs.

    And no GROW. LOL
    I added 6 level teaspoons to 6.5L water, is that safe?? I think I might of over done it whoops!

    I assumed 1 level teaspoon per 1L of water, is that wrong?

    It said on the box add one handful (approx 5-6 level teaspoons) to 4.5L (1 gallon) of water.
    Last edited by evo4ever; 18-05-09 at 11:31 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Brown rusty spots on leaves, HELP!
    By ANONYMOUS in forum General Stoners Discussion
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 27-11-10, 10:46 PM
  2. Dry yellow leaves with brown spots?
    By michaelac in forum Cannabis Infirmary
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-11-10, 10:29 AM
  3. Rusty brown spots on older leaves,need help
    By madmax in forum Cannabis Infirmary
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 14-08-10, 06:01 PM
  4. yellow leaves and brown spots, help!
    By thedaddypants in forum Cannabis Infirmary
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 13-08-10, 06:40 PM
  5. Help Leaves Going Yellow With Brown Spots
    By topbud82 in forum Cannabis Infirmary
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 17-12-09, 07:55 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

buy cannabis seeds  buy cannabis seeds

THCtalk.com Disclaimer - You must be over 18 years old to view/use this site .THCtalk.com does not encourage growing Cannabis or possessing Cannabis. Learning how to grow Cannabis instructions should be for educational purposes only. All Information contained in this web site is for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and Educational purposes only. Visitors to this website are advised against breaking the law as It is illegal to smoke, grow, or possess cannabis in the UK