Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Yellow Leaves with Brown/Rusty Spots, Help!

Thanks

Default Yellow Leaves with Brown/Rusty Spots, Help!

Hello all.

My plants r 52 days old now, week 3 into flowering.

Ive noticed on my white widow that some of the middle to lower leaves r developing brown/rusty spots then turning yellow from the tip down. None of the affected leaves r completely yellow, only about half of the leaf.

The weird thing is that the spots appear first then the yellowing. What can this be?

Its gettin fed on 2ml bio-bloom and 1ml top-max, it was fed 1ml of grow once on the first feed.

Lights on temps range from 25c-28c, and humidity ranges from 40-59. I dont know the figures 4 lights off, I can imagine it wont get any cooler than 18c.

Firstly I thought it could of been N def, but the spots rule that out!

Then I thought of pests but theres no signs of insects or web anywhere and the other plants would of been affected as well.

Lastly I thought it could of been Magnesium def but the plant is too young yet to get M def and also the spots rule that out.

Ill get a pic posted later cos the lights r off atm, but in the mean time what do u think it could be? The problem isnt very serious but it does raise alarms if u know what i mean? I dont what it to worsen! Help apreciated.
    DR120 Tent.
    Diamond Reflector.
    Grolux 600W 'Dual Spectrum' Lamp.
    RUCK Fan & Rhino Pro Filter.
    2x 6" Clip-On Fans.
    Small Intake Tower Fan.

Thanks

Ok, ive just took some pix of some of the affected leaves after I watered...

Does this help things? What do u think it might be? Is it normal for a plant 3 weeks into flower to start yellowing/spotting its leaves? Help aprreciated!

Floating about 3ft above where I think I am.
    Thanks

you need to give a dose of epsom salts m8, it's about time. Will sort it all out nicely.
    Work to live life. Don't live life to work!!!!!

Thanks

So it looks like M def? I did suspect it like. Will I have time to buy some epsom salts or will it die? Also shall I give the epsom salts to the unaffected plants as well?

Where can I buy epsom salts locally? and whats the brand/product name? cheers syanlar

Thanks

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by evo4ever View Post
    So it looks like M def? I did suspect it like. Will I have time to buy some epsom salts or will it die? Also shall I give the epsom salts to the unaffected plants as well?

Where can I buy epsom salts locally? and whats the brand/product name? cheers syanlar
    u can got it from any chemists mate... commonly used as a hang-over cure!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bucketluggs View Post
    u can got it from any chemists mate... commonly used as a hang-over cure!!
    Will my supermarket sell it? EG ASDA?

Floating about 3ft above where I think I am.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by evo4ever View Post
    Will my supermarket sell it? EG ASDA?
    Possibly, it's becoming harder to get hold of tbh. Some garden centres sell it also. Between the 3 - supermarket, chemist and garden centre you should get lucky. I,m on the hunt myself.

If you can;t find any do a big flush instead. The MG definciency is caused by nute lock out so you can;t just add more of it to sort it out. The plant won;t absorb it. Better to find some if you can. It goes a long way and sorts a lot of problems.

Give it to all. It's one of those 'tonic' type of additives, always good to give once approx. 3 wks into flower regardless if mg def is showing or not.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by syanlar View Post
    Possibly, it's becoming harder to get hold of tbh. Some garden centres sell it also. Between the 3 - supermarket, chemist and garden centre you should get lucky. I,m on the hunt myself.

If you can;t find any do a big flush instead. The MG definciency is caused by nute lock out so you can;t just add more of it to sort it out. The plant won;t absorb it. Better to find some if you can. It goes a long way and sorts a lot of problems.

Give it to all. It's one of those 'tonic' type of additives, always good to give once approx. 3 wks into flower regardless if mg def is showing or not.
    Will M def quickly kill off my plants or have I got time to buy some epsom? Its a sunday and everywheres closed! I should be able to get some tomorrow. When I do get some epsom is it still nessarsary to do a flush?

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,596 Times

you shouldn't need to flush but keep a good eye on them over the next few days. waiting till tomoro to ad mg should be ok, just try and get it done asap.

if your looking in a chemist it'll look something like this:

my small local chemist had tons of the stuff. good luck.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tay View Post
    you shouldn't need to flush but keep a good eye on them over the next few days. waiting till tomoro to ad mg should be ok, just try and get it done asap.

if your looking in a chemist it'll look something like this:

my small local chemist had tons of the stuff. good luck.
    So there not gonna die if i get the mg 2m?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast