Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Is this a suitable kit for me?

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 35,859 Times

you don,t need a filter to start off with, you can buy one when your about 4 weeks in , coco is the way to go and its actually cheaper than a good soil, i get 70 litres of coco for £15, if you go with soil then you need perlite too which is,nt cheap

stephen07 Guest

^^ coco is loads cheaper , ph and ec pens needed . I get a bag of plagron soil £10 for 50lts and £20 on some bio bizz job lot . All for less than the price of a essentials ph tester
    You will get more bud with coco but you need everything dailed in well . Personally I'd go with soil for your first grow . I've not added perlite to my soil myself but some do

stephen07 Guest

Default Is this a suitable kit for me?

Quote Originally Posted by stephen07 View Post
    ^^ coco is loads cheaper , ph and ec pens needed . I get a bag of plagron soil £10 for 50lts and £20 on some bio bizz job lot . All for less than the price of a essentials ph tester
    You will get more bud with coco but you need everything dailed in well . Personally I'd go with soil for your first grow . I've not added perlite to my soil myself but some do
    Also gonna need more nutes in coco and they aren't cheap good luck dude

Thanks

depends on which way you look at it, for the sake of £50 for a ph metre and ec metre (equivelant to less than a 1/4 of weed buying on streets) , i don,t know where you get the soil is more forgiven from though, with hydro and coco then you have full control of whats going on, if you spend the time to keep it right then its much more forgiven than soil imo, soil can have a def for days before it shows and it can take a lot longer to sort it out , a def will show quicker in hydro but you can fix it instantly

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,294 Times

Go for 5 or 6 inch

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,743 Times

I ran a 400W in a 100*100*200 tent and it needed a 5" RVK to cool it - I could just get away with a 4" RAM but it was noisey.

I'd reccomend a 5" Rhino + 5" RVK L1 + 5" acoustic ducting + 3 * duct clips for cooling a 400W HPS.

As for growing medium - you can't go far wrong with soil, it'll buffer your PH and is more forgiving than coco & hydro & you can get away with cheap feeds (there's nothing wrong with using tommorite tomatoe feed).

Don't use plagron light as it's only suitable for seedlings/cuttings. But BioBiz or regular Plagron is fine. You'll need 4 * 15L pots for flowering and 4 * 1 L for you seeds + 4 saucers to sit them in.
    Last edited by Mr_Bimble; 05-10-13 at 01:04 PM.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Mr_Bimble For This Useful Post:

stephen07 Guest

I use plagron light mix , but I like to give them my own feeds . I agree other mr b on the soil been better medium to start with. Coco looks good but get your ph wrong and your gonna yield less than in soil . Ask dynamodave he is going back to soil from coco , plus with coco you are attending to the plants everyday plus .

Up to you mate . Take a look at captain beefhearts dairy , he only uses tomatoelite and does really well
    Peace

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 34,377 Times

take the plunge to hydro water is free well ish, i think you would be better off less faffing around,

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Oxy For This Useful Post:

Murdock (05-10-13)

Thanks

its funny listening to people talk that have only grew in soil and say its better than the rest of the mediums, maybe one day you,ll see the light stephen, i grew in soil for about 6-7 year and was happy with it until i went hydro then never looked back, i,ve grew in every medium now and for ease i,d say coco, and you don,t need to water everyday, you can actually set up a rez and stick a pump in with a dripper system on for pennys

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Murdock For This Useful Post:

bushgrower (05-10-13), FACE (05-10-13)

stephen07 Guest

Say your pump or your drippers go wrong , you gotta keep on top of them all the time . The guy said he had a £300 budget and the coco stuff with ph + ec meter at £50 and all the other bits is gonna be over £100 . Soil is £30 max and he's off and running . I still think soil is a better medium for a starter , like you said Murdock it did you for the first 6 years
    Give the lad a honest look at it .
    Coco yield more but more work , I've also seen people on here grow in coco and get their ph wrong and only get 1/2 oz a plant . I get around 3oz a plant and the only thing I do is water/feed every 3 to 4 days .
    Remember it's just my opinion which don't count pmsl

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast