Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Mini Meddi Grow

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 10,303 Times

thanks galt that was another different opinion on decarbing,now im really confused!this one says 60 minutes in the oven is plenty,but many others say entirely different!12 hours-1 hour,fuck it i will do it for 6 hours and see,peace.
    Quote Originally Posted by galt View Post
    I found this article on decarboxylating very useful.

http://www.marijuanagrowershq.com/de...thca-into-thc/

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,463 Times

Quote Originally Posted by duke1 View Post
    thats interesting because i have only ever done it in the oven and then left on the low setting on rice boiler for an hour or two till theres no bubbles and it so far has worked,do you think when i next make oil i should just cook it for longer,can i put it in the oven for 12 hours?as thats the only vaguely accurate temp wise that we have,thanks j,peace.
    How long you decarb for really depends what your treating, for cancer you want a full decarb. you can use an electric oven but get an oven thermometer, they are cheap to buy and will be accurate. Does it not burn in the rice boiler Duke?

Quote Originally Posted by galt View Post
    I found this article on decarboxylating very useful.

http://www.marijuanagrowershq.com/de...thca-into-thc/
    That's a good read Galt, cheers, it points out the difference of oils for different treatments, ie, the method used will retain some terpenes that are not wanted in a cancer treatment oil.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 10,303 Times

hi no on low its barely warmer than a coffee maker stand its a beast on high!i find all this fascinating but confusing at the same time!i hope to be the proud owner of a cold press this weekend after much negotiation with my mad aunty jo its now mine,just got to work out how/were im going to put it!im hoping to try it out with some trim soon i will post a thread,peace all.
    Quote Originally Posted by VMAX View Post
    How long you decarb for really depends what your treating, for cancer you want a full decarb. you can use an electric oven but get an oven thermometer, they are cheap to buy and will be accurate. Does it not burn in the rice boiler Duke?

That's a good read Galt, cheers, it points out the difference of oils for different treatments, ie, the method used will retain some terpenes that are not wanted in a cancer treatment oil.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,844 Times

Quote Originally Posted by duke1 View Post
    thanks galt that was another different opinion on decarbing,now im really confused!this one says 60 minutes in the oven is plenty,but many others say entirely different!12 hours-1 hour,fuck it i will do it for 6 hours and see,peace.
    Time and Temperature. Keep in mind the article was based around 240F. It says lower temps for longer times. I wish they had done one more benchmark test at a lower temp just so we could see how time was affected. ie. Is 1 hr@240F = 6 hrs @200F or 3 hrs@200F ????? He also qualifies it by saying this was for dried herb. I am gonna buy a machine to do it when I have a big enough harvest.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to galt For This Useful Post:

Duke1 (13-11-13)

sabar Guest

right i think i have a lot of reading up to do.
    i want to get things right for my friends medicine.
    Thanks for the input.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to sabar For This Useful Post:

Duke1 (13-11-13)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3