Thread: Ballast/light stopped working. How do I test?

Thanks

Default Ballast/light stopped working. How do I test?

My light won't turn on.
    It's a 400w Lumii Black plastic ballaSt & a euro wing (cheap) reflector and bulb.

When I plug it in, I hear a very faint buzzing from the ballast which lasts around 5 seconds and then stops.
    I tried changing the bulb, fuse in plug and also checked all connections are secure. (stupidly checking the ones on the reflector whilst still plugged in). This does lead me to believe that it must be the ballast as surely if there was power going to tthe light, I'd have had a shock.

I don't know what to try next.

Icon Guest

Just try screwing the bulb in and out to make sure its screwing right in
    dont touch the bulb with your hands use a dry cloth

ATB
    Icon

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Icon For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Icon View Post
    Just try screwing the bulb in and out to make sure its screwing right in
    dont touch the bulb with your hands use a dry cloth
    And maybe give cleaning the connections in the bulb socket (while it's unplugged) a try.

scoobs Guest

It does sound like a dodgy bulb mate..!
    Ur ballast wouldnt kick in if it wer fooked
    If u tried ur spare bulb,id buy a new one before worrying about ballasts&connections.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free