Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Homemade nft

Thanks

Default Homemade nft

Does anyone have any clue on where to start on a nft homemade kit, I tried to make one a while back with square guttering but kept flooding, any ideas or advise would be great needs to hold 6 plants

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,844 Times

Making any hydro system design involves testing, revisions, and experimentation. So start with your last effort and change whatever did not work. Or just buy a channel.

Thanks

What u mean but a channel a top tray, I was looking at a rockwool slab but don't think they work in hydro not sure

Thanks

Okay. Start by reading a lot more. Rockwool slabs do not go in NFT systems.

Thanks

ok iv used a nft before but i wanna build one i know how to use on just not sure how to build it

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 35,859 Times

it,ll be hard to make an nft and get an equal amount of flow to all the plants, you,d be better off making a flood and drain system

Thanks

i dont like the flood and drain dont appeal to me lol was looking at dwc but to noisy with the pumpso i want a nft but the 424 is 70 for th ekit and i have a pump matting rockwool so all i need is a system could i use 4'' round sewage pipe with the net baskets would that work

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,027 Times

A builders bath for knocking muck/concrete in for the reservoir and them tomato trays that are 3 foot or so as your table.
    Sent on my phone using my fingers.

Thanks

PVC has been pretty much abandoned as a hydro component. The acidity of the nutrients causes it to leech into whatever you are growing. Highly toxic.

Thanks

I'm gunna look for a long tray like a tomato one then support that on the feed side via a block of wood or something with it leaning on top of the feed tube if that makes sence would it work?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast