Thread: Factors For Hermies?

Thanks

Question Factors For Hermies?

Interested in strains an seed company's renowned for being lady boys - i currently have never had any and wondering if a massive cause is due to growing conditions etc..
    I only buy feminized seeds which are meant to be a 99.9% sure way not to have this problem but from reading on here it's not that simple...
    Thinking between Feminized Serious Ak 47 or White Russian or Feminized Big Buddah Bubble Cheese Next unless someone can tell me any other exciting stuff with great taste an small to average size plants not tall ladys please.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,844 Times

Feminized seeds are generally created by forcing a plant to go hermie. They do NOT have less possibility of going hermie, they have more .

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to galt For This Useful Post:

ngk (17-10-13)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by galt View Post
    Feminized seeds are generally created by forcing a plant to go hermie. They do NOT have less possibility of going hermie, they have more .
    Well if that is the case why is it that they have pretty much dominated and taken over the cannabis seed distribution i have never grown out a regular pack as scared in case i mistake a female for a male - and destroy a nice harvest of beautiful buds.
    Also a lot of old time tokers and growers say seeds are nowhere near as strong as they used to be and although they grow there not as amazing as they should be and that's also a massive reason to slow growing plants and poor yields...
    For Feminized seeds what is the best seed company i'm keen on trying doggieznutz but seem to be out of stock everywhere.
    Mr nice can't seem to find any feminized seeds of herbies. People saying Serious Seeds not as good as used to be etc HELP me

5. The Following User Says Thank You to ngk For This Useful Post:

Spiderman (17-10-13)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,640 Times

Feminised seeds are pretty safe nowadays imo..
    Luck of the draw for 0.1% lady boys..

I would highly recommend the ak47 tho..
    Stunning taste and nice n strong..
    See Fridays autopots diary..

Peace..

7. The Following User Says Thank You to ChuChu For This Useful Post:

Claymorrow (17-10-13)

Thanks

Cheers i have no idea of the doggieznutz i just thought at that price there literally the dogz bollux Maybe not whats your top 3 seeds strain / company?

9. The Following User Says Thank You to ngk For This Useful Post:

Hillbilly Guest

I really think Synthetic Nuts can cause hermies as I gave a plant given a Synthetic nut it threw a few bananas but a sister clone feed Organic finished Great under the same light. To me Fem seeds are not worth growing from what I grown I feel they Yield less are more unstable and will hermi easier then Reg. seeds and DZ is right Most Seed Co's only care about $$ that's why so many seed Co's don't even make there own cross but take and sale the same strain as other Co's but sale Fem's. Making F1's are great and the Hybrid vigor can really be a winner if ther P1's are stable in the first place or you will see a lot of Pheno's and that's the other thing Seed Co's do is Cross a cross Give a great name a great read up and LOL all the way to the bank as one in 30 might do as they say.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,156 Times

Had a hermie from Female Seeds out of three plants.

Thanks

What are the factors that contribte to having a hermie in the grow room from supposedly all feminized seeds? Is it always because of stress cos that's the easy way out reason I guess. always the grower's fault if the crop hermed.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,844 Times

The nature of how they make femmed seeds makes them more likely to hermie. Part of the tradeoff vs regular seeds.