Thread: Rooting in water

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,917 Times

Default Rooting in water

Has anyone had any success with rooting clones in water alone? I have six in a clone box I made myself with some cheap Chinese shop T5 lights. I've put them in plastic cups full of pure water and am waiting for signs of roots. Any info would be great.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,127 Times

Nope.

I've used spit in the past and with two cuts currently.

Both are thriving in my unheated propagator with only an energy saving bulb in a starter plug.

TRF

TheRealFeanor is my name: And Canna is my nation: Cyber space is my dwelling place: The stars my destination

3. The Following User Says Thank You to TheRealFeanor For This Useful Post:

spot (23-10-13)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,844 Times

I have done it, just until the first root popped out. Change your water at least twice a day, and make sure it is very oxygenated. An air stone or an aeroponic rooter would be better.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,917 Times

Shit

Mainlining Diary/Tutorial in progress - https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...d.php?t=105084

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 6,340 Times

Yeah always did it that way but like said keep water fresh

7. The Following User Says Thank You to dekay For This Useful Post:

galt (23-10-13)

Thanks

about 30 years ago we use to take cotton and wrap it around the stem, wet it and wrap with plastic wrap. wait a week or 2, cut , remove the plastic wrap and plant. worked every time. but honestly there are better ways. the old way your wasting time waiting for the roots. never just cut and put into water but I don't see why it wouldn't work so long as its not a hard stem.