Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Are customs on to me?

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,811 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Strider View Post
    Man, I wish I was a customs agent, i could take whatever interesting parcels i wanted and barge into shops, empty the till and make them dance for my amusement or i'll shut them down, i'll help myself to some stock whatever they do.
    lmao imagine all the fucking drugs you could "seize"

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,022 Times

fuck taking the drugs, that would be illegal, i'll just have all the seeds, grow gear, bongs and whatever the new HD tellies are called, i'll have them too
    Strider's Sup Lemon Haze & L.A. Confidential DWC Good...hopefully...2018

SLH & Incredible Bulk DWC Actually good, honest. 2017

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Strider For This Useful Post:

DaveyJones (29-10-13)

Thanks

Cheers guys. Didn't know if it was normal for there to be a hold up. Are customs likely to open the box, see they are grow lights, and alert local PoPo I may be planning a grow?

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,022 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Yardie-bre View Post
    Cheers guys. Didn't know if it was normal for there to be a hold up. Are customs likely to open the box, see they are grow lights, and alert local PoPo I may be planning a grow?
    nah, won't open it without good reason as long as the documents check out, might scan it but that's not going to be an issue

they wouldn't tell the police they would just confiscate the gear and send a nice letter asking if you wish to come and discuss claiming your parcel (Hint: Don't) they wouldn't need to be in a bastard of a mood for that though, they're under no obligation (and they don't like the police much)

TheKraken Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Yardie-bre View Post
    On a more serious note, my brother got some LEDs from china and they were stopped at customs, he had to pay some sort of import/customs charges. He paid around £30 for a 400w panel.

Sent from the 80's

7. The Following User Says Thank You to TheKraken For This Useful Post:

Yardie-bre (23-10-13)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,743 Times

I used to import loads of stuff from Japan & America and recently customs intercepted more and more of the parcels I was bringing in so I've stopped for a while.

You used to be able to get away with marking items as "Gift" or down valuing them to get under the import duty limits. But nowadays anything valued over £15 gets stopped and gets 20% VAT and parcelforce handling charges added.

The usual pattern is Arrive in UK after a couple of days, then you get the dreaded "presented for customs charges" - this can take up to a week, then you'll get the "held awaiting import duty" they then send you a letter by second class post and you have to go to the depot to pay for the privilege of them delaying your parcel for up to two weeks.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2