Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Are customs on to me?

Thanks

Default Are customs on to me?

Alright guys, after a bit of advice. Bought 2 e-shine lights from China last week on Alibaba. They were sent FedEx priority to the UK, have been tracking them online. They've been in the international mail
    Handling facility in stansted airport since 9pm last night, they were due to be delivered today, but now the estimated delivery date has changed to N/A. Phoned FedEx who said they are waiting to clear customs. Am
    I being paranoid or would the customs be likely to log my details because I'm importing lights? Is it normal for items to take a day to clear customs? Cheers all
    YB

GnattyDread Guest

It isn't illegal to buy lights dude, you're being para.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 10,303 Times

hi yes thats quite normal with alibaba i have used them ok a few times so no worry as said grow lights are perfectly legal,chill.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,811 Times

Its nothing to worry about mate.
    Since your package is from outside of EU you have to pay an import tax, X% of the value of the items.
    If you're lucky eShine has written a price much lower than what you actually paid, thus saving you moneez
    ALWAYS ask for the price to be written down to the lowest (reasonable) amount, we used to save hundreds of $ by ordering stuff (airsoft ) from there rather than buying it within EU.
    China fucking rules!!

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DaveyJones For This Useful Post:

Yardie-bre (23-10-13)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 79,865 Times

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bud Lightyear For This Useful Post:

breakitdownrollitup (23-10-13), DaveyJones (23-10-13), Yardie-bre (23-10-13)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,844 Times

In the USA, even with no taxes due, small items can take 3-7 days to clear customs.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,022 Times

UK's the same, they hold onto it for about a week often, and during that week it basically doesn't exist if you try and ask questions about it, if they were in any way displeased you get an official letter saying 'we're keeping your stuff, fuck you' basically
    Strider's Sup Lemon Haze & L.A. Confidential DWC Good...hopefully...2018

SLH & Incredible Bulk DWC Actually good, honest. 2017

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Strider For This Useful Post:

Stirruphead (23-10-13)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 12,996 Times

Haha this takes the piss, Your parcel will have been sent from china bang on, it will get to british customs in a few day's, all the way from china. Then it will sit there for a week sometimes, just waiting for someone there to say yes that can go. Then it will arrive next day. British customs are the hold up. I waited two months for a set of Uniseals from USA. that where in the Uk within a day or two. lol

British customs are crap. lol

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Hannibal For This Useful Post:

Stirruphead (23-10-13)

TheKraken Guest

I used them once to buy lights, that was 10-12 years ago now

Sent from HM prison Wandsworth

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TheKraken For This Useful Post:

Ganjaholic (23-10-13), Yardie-bre (23-10-13)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,022 Times

Man, I wish I was a customs agent, i could take whatever interesting parcels i wanted and barge into shops, empty the till and make them dance for my amusement or i'll shut them down, i'll help myself to some stock whatever they do.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Strider For This Useful Post:

DaveyJones (23-10-13)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast