Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Wilma Coco run to waste?

GoTgReEn Guest

Default Wilma Coco run to waste?

Alright peps been sat here for a while now thinking about starting up a new grow system using a 4 pot Wilma and Coco! just wondering if there's anyone out there already using it as a drip feed run to waste? Need ideas man on how catch runoff!
    Was thinking of having like a Garland tray above the tank? And then just empty as and when it fills up?

Thoughts and ideas are very much welcome!

sent from my phone.....

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 79,866 Times

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bud Lightyear For This Useful Post:

GoTgReEn Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Bud lightyear View Post
    Just let the run off drain into the wilma tank mate and pump it out when needed.

Regards BL
    Cheers BL but then wouldn't that be a recerculating thing? And would that mess with the fresh clean nute mix already in there? Sorry mate but not much clued up on all this! Lol bit daunting taking the step from good old compost!

sent from my phone.....

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 79,866 Times

Sorry mate didnt make myself very clear...Use a water butt for your feed solution and pump the waste out of your wilma rez
    If you're only doing 4 plants it no hardship to just hand water/feed from a water butt, better that drippers and probably less waste.

Regards BL

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Bud Lightyear For This Useful Post:

jimmi420 Guest

As said use a the wilma tank for waste and get another tank like a plastic bin from wilko for your nuits and feed from that, all you gotta do is adjust the tubing etc, also id go for the dripper rings that flood your pots fast. It isn`t rocket science m8

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jimmi420 For This Useful Post:

Bud Lightyear (03-11-13)

GoTgReEn Guest

Lol cheers lads yeah will see if I can fit another water storage in there! Just abit tight on space as I grow in me bedroom in a dr90

sent from my phone.....

10. The Following User Says Thank You to GoTgReEn For This Useful Post:

GoTgReEn Guest

Quote Originally Posted by jimmi420 View Post
    As said use a the wilma tank for waste and get another tank like a plastic bin from wilko for your nuits and feed from that, all you gotta do is adjust the tubing etc, also id go for the dripper rings that flood your pots fast. It isn`t rocket science m8
    Cheers mate will look into them dripper rings :-)

sent from my phone.....

12. The Following User Says Thank You to GoTgReEn For This Useful Post:

GoTgReEn Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Bud lightyear View Post
    Sorry mate didnt make myself very clear...Use a water butt for your feed solution and pump the waste out of your wilma rez
    If you're only doing 4 plants it no hardship to just hand water/feed from a water butt, better that drippers and probably less waste.

Regards BL
    Gotcha, yeah would hand water but wouldn't have time to do it multiple times a day

sent from my phone.....

jimmi420 Guest

You don`t really want your nuit tank in the tent, just buy a bit extra tubing and have it outside sling in pump and set timer, bingo, jobs a good en. You can use same pump to pump out waste. Using the rings you will only need to have them on for a few mins max b4 the pots flood so you will need a minute timer or digi timer.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jimmi420 For This Useful Post:

B.A.BARACUS (04-11-13)

GoTgReEn Guest

Quote Originally Posted by jimmi420 View Post
    You don`t really want your nuit tank in the tent, just buy a bit extra tubing and have it outside sling in pump and set timer, bingo, jobs a good en. You can use same pump to pump out waste. Using the rings you will only need to have them on for a few mins max b4 the pots flood so you will need a minute timer or digi timer.
    Nice one Jimmi I got a 20ltr storage box I could use as a nute tank and sit it on top of my tent and top up as and when needed
    Really wanna give the Coco a bash! Just wish I had more time to hand water like you do! How often do you feed ya monsters in flower mate?

sent from my phone.....
    Last edited by GoTgReEn; 04-11-13 at 10:49 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast