Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Near death experiences.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,022 Times

*counts*

shot, stabbed, ran over, few multi story falls, few electrocutions, guns jammed in face and last year i tried to re enact Face Off on myself but gave up halfway through

i'd like to claim there was kind of glowy hippy stuff, nah, mostly swearing

oh and a street sign almost beheaded me in a storm, that one really sucked
    Strider's Sup Lemon Haze & L.A. Confidential DWC Good...hopefully...2018

SLH & Incredible Bulk DWC Actually good, honest. 2017

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Strider For This Useful Post:

Jackanory_Time (05-11-13)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,811 Times

Twice....
    First one I slammed into the side of a car with my bike, did a nice flip over the car lol, I'll never forget the fear I felt that second when I realized I was about to crash wearing fucking jeans and sneakers
    Second time, another year and another bike, gave it too much throttle thru a turn and lowsided, went sliding right across the road only just missing a SUV in the other lane, would have died instantly if I'd hit it...
    Makes you wonder really, what if I would have spent an extra second starting the bike or something, then I'd be dead

There are more crashes but no near death experiences there, just me being plain fucking dumb

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DaveyJones For This Useful Post:

Bob2142 (05-11-13)

jimmi420 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Degenerate View Post
    Twice....
    First one I slammed into the side of a car with my bike, did a nice flip over the car lol, I'll never forget the fear I felt that second when I realized I was about to crash wearing fucking jeans and sneakers
    Second time, another year and another bike, gave it too much throttle thru a turn and lowsided, went sliding right across the road only just missing a SUV in the other lane, would have died instantly if I'd hit it...
    Makes you wonder really, what if I would have spent an extra second starting the bike or something, then I'd be dead

There are more crashes but no near death experiences there, just me being plain fucking dumb
    Lol i had shit loadsa crashes on bikes too, one i remember well i hit a bin wagon one morning l8 for work head on, tried to make a gap inbetween the bus which was stopped letting people on and a bin wagon was coming towards me in the other dircetion, i thought i could make it past the bus b4 the bin wagon got their, my bike was dead i was devoe`d, luckily just a broken collar bone as it flung me of to the side and i hit the kerb with my shoulder.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jimmi420 For This Useful Post:

DaveyJones (05-11-13)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 19,245 Times

i had my head caved in with a golf club when i was younger, some nice chinaman gave me the shock of my life, repaired the damage to my brain and rebuilt my head. no lights, virgins or men with beards for me either.
    it was my ma's longest 2 hours of her life though, from the surgery ended until i awoke and she found out if her son was a veg or not......... the jury is still out
    Grandad's 40 ounces the easy way(2 plants) critical & ice (aqua farm scrogging)https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...tical-and-ice)
    Beginners guide to aqua/water farming with DWC upgrade https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...-Water-farming
    critical and white diesel rdwc https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...Diesel)/page23

FORUM RULES............ please read https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...ules-And-Facts!

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Grandad For This Useful Post:

Jackanory_Time (05-11-13), stonedbunny (04-11-13)

Doubie Guest

I've had 3.

1) Iraq 2006. Top gunner on a .50cal - our vehicle hit an IED and I was blown 80metres away into a minefield. Sat up, checked everything was where it was meant to be and lit a fag - not even a scratch, burn or bruise!

2) Afghanistan 2010. Foot patrol in Helmand, just taken my helmet off to re-adjust my radio headset - stick it back on and less than a second later a round smacks me in the head. Bullet goes through the outer casing of the helmet, spins around my head and pops back out the otherside.... those helmets are one hell of a design! It wasn't luck, I've seen it happen to afew others. It FUCKING HURT!!... a lot.

3) Afghan 2010. About a month later, in middle of a firefight, I manage to catch a round in the chest, just above my body armour plate. Lights out for me lol, I wake up in Birmingham to be told the bullet had ricocheted off my collar bone and come back out my neck - about 1cm from my main artery.

After that I decided I'd call it a day. Really miss the adrenaline and laugh with the lads though.

10. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Doubie For This Useful Post:

420pop (05-11-13), Bob2142 (05-11-13), FoxyLady (04-11-13), Grandad (04-11-13), Jackanory_Time (05-11-13), KiefKat (04-11-13), Murdock (04-11-13), shadrack (04-11-13), stonedbunny (04-11-13)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 35,859 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Doubie View Post
    I've had 3.

1) Iraq 2006. Top gunner on a .50cal - our vehicle hit an IED and I was blown 80metres away into a minefield. Sat up, checked everything was where it was meant to be and lit a fag - not even a scratch, burn or bruise!

2) Afghanistan 2010. Foot patrol in Helmand, just taken my helmet off to re-adjust my radio headset - stick it back on and less than a second later a round smacks me in the head. Bullet goes through the outer casing of the helmet, spins around my head and pops back out the otherside.... those helmets are one hell of a design! It wasn't luck, I've seen it happen to afew others. It FUCKING HURT!!... a lot.

3) Afghan 2010. About a month later, in middle of a firefight, I manage to catch a round in the chest, just above my body armour plate. Lights out for me lol, I wake up in Birmingham to be told the bullet had ricocheted off my collar bone and come back out my neck - about 1cm from my main artery.

After that I decided I'd call it a day. Really miss the adrenaline and laugh with the lads though.
    ouch that sounds like a norman wisdom movie lol

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Murdock For This Useful Post:

FoxyLady (04-11-13), KiefKat (04-11-13)

Doubie Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Murdock View Post
    ouch that sounds like a norman wisdom movie lol
    Story of my fucking life lol

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Doubie For This Useful Post:

FoxyLady (04-11-13), Murdock (04-11-13)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 19,245 Times

I've had 3.

you are one lucky sob, you should do the lottery

cool stories to tell the grand kids though

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Grandad For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I've had 3.

Reading that makes me glad I picked the Navy!

Sent from my GT-I8160 using Tapatalk 2

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shadrack For This Useful Post:

Doubie Guest

Quote Originally Posted by shadrack View Post
    Reading that makes me glad I picked the Navy!

Sent from my GT-I8160 using Tapatalk 2
    That's the problem - I did join the damn Navy haha! Booty

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Doubie For This Useful Post:

FoxyLady (04-11-13), shadrack (04-11-13)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast