Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: RDWC water pump size?

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,001 Times

Default RDWC water pump size?

Quote Originally Posted by Upton View Post
    Both the micro and maxi jet pumps are nearly silent.. i'd get a MJ1000l for the sake of an extra 4/5 quid over the micro. plus the Maxi can be run outside of the res.
    I see your point but you sure thats not gona be too powerful and splash water and make water noise in my little 20ltr bucket lol

Ive not used one before so want to make sure before i order it

Edit: just seen post #5

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,405 Times

Mate the micro is what i usd for years in an NFT and it will do fuck all in an RDWC get atleast the 1000lph or dont listen to any of our advise and learn the hard way. It will make some noise but it needs to create a splash to make the DO.

HERB IS A PLANT!

Heres my grow diary:
    RDWC - 6 PLANT - RQS CRITICAL BY FSM

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...t-acclaim-rdwc

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FunkySkunkyMonkey For This Useful Post:

dank (04-11-13)

Upton Guest

Most people like to see the disturbance water waterfalls provide but you could always have the return pipe below the water surface for a flume type effect.. it should do the same thing, so the theory goes.

Thanks

As i will have the two air stones in the one bucket i wont need the water pump to create the DO, i just need it to steadily circulate it. Am i right in thinking this?

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,399 Times

Quote Originally Posted by dank View Post
    As i will have the two air stones in the one bucket i wont need the water pump to create the DO, i just need it to steadily circulate it. Am i right in thinking this?

yes but i think what everyone is hinting at is ditch the airstones, which are not that great at aerating water compared to a waterfall.. and water pumps dont invite pythium like air stones do
    current grow - a quick run of Power Plant in mapito by Rory B

"How is it that your fucking stupid soon-to-be-dead friends thought they might be able to steal my cannabis and then sell it back to me? Is this a declaration of war? Is this some white cunt's joke that black cunts don't get? 'Cause Im not fucking laughing Ni-ko-las!"

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Rory Breaker For This Useful Post:

dank (04-11-13)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rory Breaker View Post
    yes but i think what everyone is hinting at is ditch the airstones, which are not that great at aerating water compared to a waterfall.. and water pumps dont invite pythium like air stones do
    Ah i understand now ok then ill go for the 1000 and ditch the stones

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,872 Times

Quote Originally Posted by dank View Post
    Any of you used these, are they noisy?

got the 450 for mine but i also added an airstone to the rez and plant bucket
    not sure on you fans or out but wouldnt hear it over the fans.. im running a 5" extraction and can hear that but no pump
    bit tbh the more DO the better as been said before
    hope that helps anyways
    peace
    The widows water web--- finished
    Widow,BSD and unknown breeding group ORGANIC ---FINISHED
    RM's 1st creation.. BIG SILVER DIESEL F1 --- FINISHED
    BSD F2 GROWOUT - -finished
    150w selecta box - - finished

Dinafem Auto cheese DWC mentored by Ironjustice
    6 strain coco bash mentored by ij
    Rasta:I need to know if we've got the money in the bank for the dogs food.. If not th...
    Mrsmouse: we eat the dog?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to RastaMouse22 For This Useful Post:

dank (04-11-13)

Thanks

Default RDWC water pump size?

Quote Originally Posted by RastaMouse22 View Post
    got the 450 for mine but i also added an airstone to the rez and plant bucket
    not sure on you fans or out but wouldnt hear it over the fans.. im running a 5" extraction and can hear that but no pump
    bit tbh the more DO the better as been said before
    hope that helps anyways
    peace
    I know ive not used one before so no room for talk but after doing the maths the 1000 will be exchanging my res almost 30 times a hour which just seems excessive. The whole system is only 34ltr.

Edit: just thinking the return on mine will be no bigger than standard hose so maybe it wont return quick enough and overflow?

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,141 Times

get the maxijet 1000 and add a aquarium venturi to it - sit it under the water and its silent - the amount small bubbles this creates is superb . I've just put one in a 64ltr box to use as a cloner after watching on U tube .

have a look at the link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oocuBknEtEA

works even better with the maxijet 1000 or you could just add a spray bar to the outlet.Dont think many of this waterboys use airstones but im currently a waterbaby so just experimenting

13. The Following User Says Thank You to stealthgrow For This Useful Post:

dank (04-11-13)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,405 Times

I used the maxi jet 1000 lph in a home made 64ltr single tub setup and conected a piece of hose pipe to it which i cable tied above the water and drilled some small holes in it to create three jets to create DO the only thing come to think of it that you may have an issue with in such a small setup is water temps. As the pump wont take long to warm the water to 25 degrees. I usually put my young ladies 6 x clones in one tub with about 35-40 litre in it and temps do rise. Putting frozen bottles in the res helps for a few hours but i wouldnt like to do that all day everyday tbh.

Plants are very healthy in it tho! Possible root issues with water temps so i use bennies to help protect the roots.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to FunkySkunkyMonkey For This Useful Post:

dank (04-11-13)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast