Thread: Nute problem with Wilma

Thanks

Default Nute problem with Wilma

Hi guys. I'm just about to swop from coir to a Wilma 8 pot system. I run a four week turnaround. Four plants go from veg to flower, four clones moved up to replace, four new clones moved into system. So at any one time I have four babies, who need half nutes, and four plants who will have been going for a month, and who need full nutes. How can I do that with one reservoir, or will it have to be some sort of compromise?

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,844 Times

With your clones at four weeks by the time they go into the system, they must be well rooted. Why not just push up the nutes during the last week of cloning to 3/4 strength, so when they move into the big system they are ready for full strength?

Otherwise all I can see is some kind of compromise.

Thanks

Thanks Galt. Didn't make myself too clear. With coir the clones, in rockwool cubes, normally get potted up a week or so after they get reasonable roots. So they would be going into the Wilma a couple of weeks after the first leaves appear. Things happen quicker with an aqua system so it will be a learning curve anyway. Reckon I'll do as you suggest, push up the nutes in the older girls in the last week. The younger ones will have been in the system six weeks or so by then and I can't see it hurting them.

Notorious WD Guest

You could use your system to flower and you could bring the clones on by feeding by hand.

That would work best.

Thanks

Hmm, sounds like you should have bought 2 wilma 4 pots for that kind of rotation. The only thing I can think of is to use a separate reservoir, but I dont know how you would deal with the waste/drain.

Thanks

To dial things in properly you need two systems i think. But you could try feeding a bit less and see how the older girls do. I did find with my aero setup I had to run pretty hot.