Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: LED Grow Lights

Thanks

Default LED Grow Lights

I'm interested in LED grow lights and was wondering what people thought. A quick google throws up some great claims and that fella Dokkie with his grow diary he posted up here a while back LED Grow Diary Clicky

The 50 W is said to be equivalent to a 400w HPS and would be perfect for a 1x1 grow area. At £140 it compares to buying a ballast, reflector and bulb for a 400w as well, not that i could run a filament bulb in my space.

Your Thoughts Gentlemen
    'Everyday a fishing day, not everyday a catching day'

Diesel Ryder 250W- CFL Completed

Its all fake, I got it somewhere don't remember. I'm a very insincere person.

Thanks

really? is that for real? will it have the same light penetration tho?

where can u get them from for that price?

"And these are they which are sown on good ground such as hear the word and receive it and bring forth fruit some thirtyfold some sixty and some a hundred."
    Mark 4:20

Grow 1 - Lowryder#2
    Grow 2 - Blueberry/Kandy Kush
    Present grow (feedback welcome) - Blue Moonshine, Cheese, Daddys Girl

Thanks

i'm very interested in led lighting. we have been using the them in the film/tv industry for a few years now. color temp was an early prob but it seems to be getting worked out now. i will follow this topic closley.

Peace.

anything i say is purely speculation and conjecture. i dont know shit and i have probably been drinking. view my posts with amusment and please wait for someone with some real knowledge to come along.

cm

Thanks

Thanks

i find it a little hard to belive that unit will replace a 400w hps. led is like cfl, lumens are sifgnificantally lost with distance. hope i'm wrong.

Thanks

LED always seems too good to be true and it seems at least Stateside all the retailers are kind of shady. It does look amazing though and I've got to admit, I'm extremely tempted to take the plunge with summer approaching. No more cooling bills would be nice...
    "Certain
    Kinds of people that we like to know, yeah
    And others gotta go
    If you wait 'till you're ready, then you'll never make an amends"

Thanks

i'm still not convinced. (sp?)

Thanks

I dont know, from what they say LEDs arent about the lumens but about delivering specific wavelengths to the plants. High lumens are needed in filament bulbs to make sure the small part of their useful output reaches the most of the plant, if your just dealing with the appropriate wavelengths then the sledge hammer approach of high lumens isnt neccesary. Maybe...

like yavana says though, the vast majority of retailers look dodgy at the moment. I have emailed Greens Horticulture to see what they think.

Thanks

An interesting video on LED lighting.. I know what my opinion is after viewing it.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CtROw3uiVg"]YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.[/ame]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Please do not use "image hosting" websites to host your grow pics. It's unsafe for you the uploader and us the viewers. Stick to using thctalk as your image host, it's free and won't get deleted.

To find out how to use thctalk galleries to host your image, click here to view my illustrated & easy to follow instructions.

When shooting photos of your plants, do they always come out blurry? Check out the plant photography thread here. Feel free to add to it if you have any tips.

Thanks

I think the company who sells the LED lights shouldnt be saying its the equvalent to 400w hps in the first place,I think anyone with a hps setup would be quite happy with its performance & would see LED as a step down,On the other hand what I want to see is how these perform against there equvalent cfls as with most cfl users we would love to step up our yealds but without the hassel of temps & growspace needed to have an hps setup,I for one am interseted whether the £140 lighting upgrade would dramtatically improve my yeilds maybe even using a cfl side by side,I know in the test the guy pulled 36grams off one plant with only 21days veggin using LED that dont sound too bad to me!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast