Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Northern lights autos

Thanks

Default Northern lights autos

Hi all about to start my little grow. Just finished building my grow box out of a broken wardrobe and some timber I had kicking about 30cm wide 43cm deep and 120cm tall. I have fitted 2 4inch pc fans (1 top 1 bottom). I have 4 20watt cfls for hanging around the sides and a 125dual spec cfl on delivery for hanging from the top with a home made reflector. I'll also be getting a small table top fan to fit in the bottom. Not sure what to do with regards to a carbon filter as I dont have the cash to buy 1 and ive been told nl tend not to smell to much. The grow will be out in a brick built out building.
    Any advice is gratefully received.
    Ta

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 11,979 Times

Sounds like a reasonable plan willy, you'll also need a heater for the outbuilding.

NL's don't smell as much as some strains but they will smell late into flowering, start saving for a CF, you'll need it in a couple of months.

All good things
    TDA

Thanks

Thought I would so managed to aquire a thermostatic controlled oil radiator off the inlaws. Any idea what temp I should be looking for? Ive seen a few DIY filers using the carbon filters from kitchen extractors. ... are they any good? Trying to be skint flint and do my first grow as cheap as possible. So far I have 22 fem auto nl seeds for the cost of postage, the box was free as it was stuff I had kicking around I bought the 125 and 4 20w light and some 2core wire and fittings and some white paint so far my outlay is £37.98.

Thanks

Temps should be about 25-27C ideally, best to insulate the building otherwise you'll have a big leccy bill.

Good luck willy.

All good things
    TDA

Thanks

Yeah time to get some kingspan then......

Thanks

Could I just insulate the outside of my box???

Thanks

Yes willy, that should be OK.

All good things
    TDA

Thanks

Wife and the kids are out tomorrow so off yo b&q in the morning

Thanks

Thermometer and humidity tester now ordered. Insulation at b&q is rather cheap thanks to a trade card.

Thanks

Due to an error the 125w light I ordered has been delivered but is a 200w so im a happy teddy. Lol

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast