Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: chilli's anyone? whos into growing them?

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 11,979 Times

I've got a kiwifruit plant as well (in France so no pics), it's a male though, apparently I'll have to buy a few female plants and then I'll get fruit.

I seem to remember that all the plants you grew ended up bigger than mine, runner beans, tomatoes, weed, little wonder I tell you to piss off.

All good things
    TDA

2. The Following User Says Thank You to THE DUDE ABIDES For This Useful Post:

Forest (07-12-13)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 6,317 Times

Quote Originally Posted by galt View Post
    If you like hot try a Carolina Reaper. Hot but with awesome flavor. I just stripped my plant for the winter, but could probably send you a couple if you want. I am also growing a Peter Pepper Plant. Great fun and fun to say too. Here is a pic.

http://www.backyarddiva.ca/willy-pepper/
    lol i saw those willy ones in a mag, great for giggles there so many diff strains out they

no need to send any but thanks the peter piper peppers are very taste much better than the bell you normally get in the supermarkets

turtles claw was the hottest one i tried , jesus i wont do it again , i think it was one million Scoville , a Scoville is one drop of water and its that many to cool it down,
    they say there is a hit to be had from hot chilli's and some people can get addicted to the hit , nutters!!

i dont like the heavy duty burn but its fun to see other eat hot ones

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 79,866 Times

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,844 Times

FWIW, Peppers are perrennials if you treat them right.

And Carolina Reaper is 1.5 million scoville Units, but citrusy. Not much mouth burn, very definite after-heat lasts about 30 minutes.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by THE DUDE ABIDES View Post
    I've got a kiwifruit plant as well (in France so no pics), it's a male though, apparently I'll have to buy a few female plants and then I'll get fruit.

I seem to remember that all the plants you grew ended up bigger than mine, runner beans, tomatoes, weed, little wonder I tell you to piss off.

All good things
    TDA
    you have one ? now you really are cool at last !! slippers and a kiwi plants all we need now is matching dressing gowns!

yes thats right they did seem to be bigger i had forgotten that !!, ok, its is ok to tell me to piss off then

so male and female then for the kiwi interesting, "rubs head" where as the chillis are both sexes ! i wonder which are better off then?

would you like to be both male and female? is there sth to be said for that then? or stick to single sex ? sth to ponder on there isnt it ?

here TDA this is for you

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Forest For This Useful Post:

Bud Lightyear (07-12-13), THE DUDE ABIDES (07-12-13)

spiritual uk Guest

Love cooking with them ,so try and grow them, as often as i can and usually mixed together ,and i save the seed and keep reusing them every year.This years batch came out different but these were my favourite.Small and resembled a tongue,various colours and sweet tasting and mild..i like growing hot ones too,but the mild sweet ones i find yummy.

peace
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	006.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	67.5 KB 
ID:	238278   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	016.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	99.2 KB 
ID:	238279   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	015.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	90.9 KB 
ID:	238280   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	001.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	102.1 KB 
ID:	238281  

9. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to spiritual uk For This Useful Post:

Bud Lightyear (07-12-13), Forest (09-12-13), maenam (02-02-14), Pink_tiger (25-02-14), stonedbunny (03-02-14), THE DUDE ABIDES (07-12-13), Zip (08-12-13)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Forest View Post
    you have one ? now you really are cool at last !! slippers and a kiwi plants all we need now is matching dressing gowns!

yes thats right they did seem to be bigger i had forgotten that !!, ok, its is ok to tell me to piss off then

so male and female then for the kiwi interesting, "rubs head" where as the chillis are both sexes ! i wonder which are better off then?

would you like to be both male and female? is there sth to be said for that then? or stick to single sex ? sth to ponder on there isnt it ?

here TDA this is for you
    Loads of chilli growers on here, far out.

That sounds like a question for my 'ask dude' thread Forest, talking of which I must relieve poor Timo, he's been on answering duties for me whilst I concentrate on taking drugs.

Would your good self be up for a host spot on said thread? Have a read and see if you can handle it.

Nice tits btw.

All good things
    TDA

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to THE DUDE ABIDES For This Useful Post:

Bud Lightyear (07-12-13), Forest (09-12-13)

Thanks

any hint as to where said thread is ? or is that all part of it "asking where it is ?"

nice to see so many chilli fans on here nothing better than your own chilli in your cooking ive just been cooking mushrooms with butter, dry chilli and garlic yum yum !!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Forest For This Useful Post:

THE DUDE ABIDES (09-12-13)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Forest View Post
    any hint as to where said thread is ? or is that all part of it "asking where it is ?"

nice to see so many chilli fans on here nothing better than your own chilli in your cooking ive just been cooking mushrooms with butter, dry chilli and garlic yum yum !!
    It's called 'ask dude' in the off topic section.

Enjoy your lunch bro.

All good things
    TDA

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,087 Times

I grow chilli's too. Managed to get a Moruga Scorpion to cross with a Naga Viper. But the Viper didn't cross with the Butch T. So I have 1 plant with Butch T Scorpion X Naga Viper and a plain Naga Viper Plant. Im gonna get some Tabasco's and 7 Pot going for next year and LST the fuck out of them.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to 2Acres For This Useful Post:

Forest (10-12-13)

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast