Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Anyone grown RQS NL, dwarf or AK autos or delicious NL blue

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,700 Times

Default Anyone grown RQS NL, dwarf or AK autos or delicious NL blue

Hi felloe stoners.
    Am planning my next adventure and i have narrowed it down to the following strains.

Royal queen seeds.;
    Northern lights auto
    AK automatic
    Royal dwarf

and Delcious seeds Northern lights blue auto.

I had quite a few issues with RQS jack herer, which put me off them, but still ended up with over 8 Oz from 3 in soil, and it smokes ok

Questionn is, has anyone grown the above strains, and any feedback, about the strengths of them, yeild, ease of growing, problems etc

Thanks in advance, i hope.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,698 Times

I'd steer clear of the RQS NL mate... She is a realllly slow bitch and I don't think the smoke is anything special compared to the other tastes you can get out of auto seeds these days.

Check out this diary the RQS NL ran up to 83 days: https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...orthern+lights

I grew one out for the pot noodle comp... The seed took 4 days to ferm, 3 days to sprout... 59 days from sprout it still had at least another two weeks in her but I chopped her down as my main grow was finished lol.

You seem to have chosen strains with a short height, RQS NL is a big girl, if you are using big pots then it will easily hit 90cm from the top of your pot.

It's annoying that Herbies has been shitting these out on and off as free seeds for the past year or so

I know that IronJustice has a lot of bad things to say about this strain as well...
    Last edited by BADM4N; 22-12-13 at 07:30 PM.

Thanks

Thanks for your input badman, yeah i remember iron justice saying that they took forever. I wasnt sure if he just got unlucky. I rew out thier jack herer, and it took fookin ages, i chopped it down in the end with just cloudy trichs. It isnt the best smoke, but you can get stoned off it. hmmm

Strainfinder review has nothing bad to say about them, but it could be based on one lucky grow.

The thing is i need these to be finished in 2 months maximum, so will probably try something else. (bb blue cheese, white widow, osrosis or ogre perhaps)
    Size doesnt bother me as i have a 2.4 *1.2 tent and was planning doing 9 plants (incl. 4 Nl's) i knew about the hight issue and was gonna keep them to one side of the tent.

MAybe i need to re think the northern lights and do something else instead.

What about the rest of them anyone.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to bigbadbillybob For This Useful Post:

BADM4N (22-12-13)

Thanks

Yeah I remember the Jack Herer... and I remember the bullshit e-mail you got from RQS Seeds in reply to your complaint

I'm surprised after that you still want to grow out their seeds mate...

Most of the Spanish seed banks produce autos that can be harvested within 70 days, Dinafem, Sweet Seeds, Grass-O-Matic (just harvested their Sugar), Delicious Seeds... They all have a good selection of fast finishing strains

Thanks

To be honest, part of the reason i want to grow these out is to see if the problem with RQS was down to my growing technique, or thier genetics.
    I got these seeds as freebies, after complaiining to them about the jack herer. They claimed that the email was missunderstood by thier staff member, and, because they came good with the seeds i am willing to give them a chance. I wonder if they would have come good if i hadnt mentioned my diary, and they were under the spotlight, who knows.
    In fairness to RQS the Jack did come good in the end, although it was no where near as good as i had hoped or expected.
    You can get stoned off it, but its not dynamite
    I got some dinafem critical and dinafem blue cheese too. The dinafem white cheese that i grew was lovely, and produced a lot of nice bud. I was also well impressed with the pyramid seeds tutenkhamun, and after a few joints would rate it in my top 5 smokes ever. I have some of thier white widow too?

decisions decisions?
    Last edited by bigbadbillybob; 22-12-13 at 09:00 PM.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 8,585 Times

yeah dont grow RQS norther lights its shit and takes forever, in 16 weeks i had one smokable plant and the rest was shite... wont be growing that again!!!

IJ

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 8,585 Times

Quote Originally Posted by bigbadbillybob View Post
    To be honest, part of the reason i want to grow these out is to see if the problem with RQS was down to my growing technique, or thier genetics.
    I got these seeds as freebies, after complaiining to them about the jack herer. They claimed that the email was missunderstood by thier staff member, and, because they came good with the seeds i am willing to give them a chance. I wonder if they would have come good if i hadnt mentioned my diary, and they were under the spotlight, who knows.
    In fairness to RQS the Jack did come good in the end, although it was no where near as good as i had hoped or expected.
    You can get stoned off it, but its not dynamite
    I got some dinafem critical and dinafem blue cheese too. The dinafem white cheese that i grew was lovely, and produced a lot of nice bud. I was also well impressed with the pyramid seeds tutenkhamun, and after a few joints would rate it in my top 5 smokes ever. I have some of thier white widow too?

decisions decisions?

if i remember the jack had to be put on 12/12 to finish up properly? mate seriously, i grew four of the nl autos and they are crap lol

Thanks

Fair enough mate, i admire your honesty. i will skip the RQS NL's.
    Yes you're right the jacks had to go 12/12, which i did for about a month, and they still showed no amber trichs.
    I got fucked off waiting and chopoped them.
    my house is up for sale but i only had one viewing so far, so im gonna risk another grow.
    If they want to view it, they have to come through me first, so this will give me time to dismantle everything and hide it in the shed if needed.
    Its gonna be a major pain in the hoop if there are a few viewings, but needs must.
    And i need, cos im going through it like a steam train ha ha!

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bigbadbillybob For This Useful Post:

BADM4N (23-12-13), ironjustice (22-12-13)

Thanks

well decision has been made, NL to the bin.
    Am going with ak automatic, royal dwarf and pyramid auto anubis, just to try something different.

Im popping my coco cherry on this one, and the beans are in water soaking for 24 hrs, before they get planted in the coco.
    Woop woop

All i need now is a mentor

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bigbadbillybob For This Useful Post:

BADM4N (23-12-13), ironjustice (23-12-13)

Thanks

Sounds like a plan mate. Will you be doing a diary?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast