Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: why are my DP auto mazar taking sooo long to flower

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,129 Times

Default why are my DP auto mazar taking sooo long to flower

so im doing dutch passion auto mazar in coco that are 9 weeks from seed. DP say this strain will go 12 weeks but im getting concerned at the slow flowering.
    ec 1.6 canna coco a&b. some cal/mag due to a recent mag def in the right hand plant that is now ok. ive been feeding great white weekly but have stopped now.
    ph in is around 5.8 and run off is 5.9-6.0
    ive noticed my run off ec has risen over the last few days. tonight i fed at 1.6 and run off was 1.5-1.6 which is the highest its been.
    im feeding daily until i have around 10ltr run off to avoid salt build up.
    room temps are RH are spot on.
    i do have what i believe to be a slight springtail infestation but im told this is nothing to worry about and is even a sign of a healthy plant.

im planning to give them some pk13/14 tomorrow?

can anybody explain why they are so slow to flower as ive done this strain in dwc and that were quicker then?
    good buddy suggested i was feeding too much N which would make sense but im using canna a&b which are veg and bloom nutes in one so dont have much control over individual nutrients

i just cant see them finishing in 3 weeks?

please shout up guys.
    peace, gg

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC02494.jpg 
Views:	130 
Size:	99.3 KB 
ID:	240777Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC02495.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	98.5 KB 
ID:	240778Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC02496.jpg 
Views:	118 
Size:	101.5 KB 
ID:	240779Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC02497.jpg 
Views:	138 
Size:	102.4 KB 
ID:	240780Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC02498.jpg 
Views:	118 
Size:	92.2 KB 
ID:	240781

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to green grass For This Useful Post:

CocoMonkey (23-12-13), Duke1 (23-12-13)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 10,303 Times

hi i grew the automazar under cfls and it took 110 days to go from seed to harvest thats allowing 20% amber trichs,the claims of 80 days or whatever are very flexible to put it politly so you could have a wait,but mine made 3.5 oz dried and cured so worth the wait inbetween reg crops but not a maincrop plant imo,good luck

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Duke1 For This Useful Post:

green grass (24-12-13)

GnattyDread Guest

Default why are my DP auto mazar taking sooo long to flower

You say 9 weeks from seed but how long from you flipped the lights?

The only look like they're 3 weeks into flower for here.

Is that 10 percent run off?
    Last edited by GnattyDread; 23-12-13 at 02:09 AM.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GnattyDread For This Useful Post:

Duke1 (23-12-13), green grass (24-12-13)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 10,303 Times

hi dude there autos and can be a slow to get going in flower but get there in the end!
    Quote Originally Posted by GnattyDread View Post

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Duke1 For This Useful Post:

green grass (24-12-13)

GnattyDread Guest

Quote Originally Posted by duke1 View Post
    hi dude there autos and can be a slow to get going in flower but get there in the end!
    Oh I see.

Haven't tried autos yet.

Cheers duke.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to GnattyDread For This Useful Post:

Duke1 (23-12-13)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,698 Times

Hi green grass... I reckon you have a photoperiod Mazar there mate.

It's not unheard of for autos not to autoflower, the breeders back cross the photo genetics out of the plants as much as they can to get the strain stable. But as with a lot of things in life it's numbers game and you always have a chance of getting a photo....

She looks like a very healthy plant, flip the lights on to 12/12 and I am sure she will start budding in no time, I think it should be an F1 photo which is essentially 1 generation away from autoflowering so she should start kicking out pistols and swell up within 10 days of being flipped.

Take a look at Zip's Blue Mazar on day 64 and it has been flowering for 5 weeks https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...post1069784400
    Last edited by BADM4N; 23-12-13 at 10:09 PM.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to BADM4N For This Useful Post:

green grass (24-12-13)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by duke1 View Post
    hi i grew the automazar under cfls and it took 110 days to go from seed to harvest thats allowing 20% amber trichs,the claims of 80 days or whatever are very flexible to put it politly so you could have a wait,but mine made 3.5 oz dried and cured so worth the wait inbetween reg crops but not a maincrop plant imo,good luck
    Cheers mate. Ive done them before and pulled 13oz from 2 with root rot in dwc in around 12 weeks from seed but these seeds are exceptionally slow. They do look happy though so fingers crossed
    Quote Originally Posted by GnattyDread View Post

No I'm using 20_25ltr pots but I'm flooding them to keep the root zone salt free and to pull in lots of fresh air. Yeah autos mate lol

Quote Originally Posted by BADM4N View Post
    Hi green grass... I reckon you have a photoperiod Mazar there mate.

It's not unheard of for autos not to autoflower, the breeders back cross the photo genetics out of the plants as much as they can to get the strain stable. But as with a lot of things in life it's numbers game and you always have a chance of getting a photo....

She looks like a very healthy plant, flip the lights on to 12/12 and I am sure she will start budding in no time, I think it should be an F1 photo which is essentially 1 generation away from autoflowering so she should start kicking out pistols and swell up within 10 days of being flipped.

Take a look at Zip's Blue Mazar on day 64 and it has been flowering for 5 weeks https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...post1069784400
    High badman that makes good sense to me mate. I've done many autos and never had this before. I must have been lucky lol.
    Yeah zips are mouthwatering for sure. I'm hoping for something similar at some point.
    I'm going to add update pics later but do you think I should still drop the lights to 12\12 even though they've started flowering mate? Ive just increased the lights from 300w each on 18\6 to 450w each at 20\4 last week but I'd obviously rather be able to run them 12\12 if poss but only if necessary.

I've got 4 DP auto extreme in my small veg room at 3 weeks so they'd better get moving lol

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to green grass For This Useful Post:

BADM4N (24-12-13), Duke1 (27-12-13)

Thanks

heres some pics from today. still slow. badm4n, would you flip these to 12/12 mate?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC02499.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	97.4 KB 
ID:	241043Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC02500.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	102.1 KB 
ID:	241044Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC02501.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	99.2 KB 
ID:	241045Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC02503.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	101.2 KB 
ID:	241046Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC02505.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	91.8 KB 
ID:	241047

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to green grass For This Useful Post:

BADM4N (24-12-13)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,698 Times

You are right they have gone into true flower now by the looks of it... Are they kicking out loads of pistols now? If they are then leave them as is mate.

Once they have fattened up and you want them to hurry up and mature more in their last 1-2 weeks you can reduce the light cycle down in stages from 20/4 to 18/6 and even down to 16/8 and 12/12 if you want.

What would slow them down going into true flower is stress - too cold or hot, over fertilising, over/under watering - but they look healthy as fuck so it won't be that... I can't help you with coco stuff because I'm an organic soil grower for the time being lol.

Autos have it genetically programmed into them to autoflower at a certain point in their lives... some strains are different to others in that they flower and gain height at the same time but most of them hit a genetic ceiling height and then really start fattening up... So it might be the case that you have some freaky Sativa dominant genetics in those Mazars which have prolonged pre-flowering.

Like you said it's all down to luck with genetics, sometimes you get a strain that finished either on or even before the breeders estimates...

18. The Following User Says Thank You to BADM4N For This Useful Post:

green grass (24-12-13)

Thanks

Yeah they're into full flower now mate. At last. God knows how long they will take from here. I'm guessing around 5 weeks which would make it a 14 week grow.
    I may need to speed them up a bit if I can as their tenancy is up soon lol

20. The Following User Says Thank You to green grass For This Useful Post:

Duke1 (27-12-13)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast