Thread: thc vs cbn vs cbd

Thanks

Default thc vs cbn vs cbd

ok been chatting to my brother in law and started talking bout smoking.
    he hasnt smoked in years,he said he gave up coz skunk got too powerful and made him paronoid.he said he watched a documentry last month(i missed it) witch said that the weed and hash you used to get had lower thc and more cbn witch if im correct is thc thats degraided into a different cabanoid.

if what ive stated is wrong please correct me.

can i keep plants alive longed so i get cbn? if so whats the buzz like,id like to grow abit for him

http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkgEDy5ekvY
    TIMELESS.COZ AGE DONT COUNT IN THE BOOTH, WHEN YOUR FLOW STAYS SUBMERGED IN THE FOUNTAIN OF YOUTH.

WHILE WORLD IS REVOLVING ON ITS AXIS, I COME WITH MAD LOVE AND THE ILLEST WAR TACTICS.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hyperlite View Post
    ok been chatting to my brother in law and started talking bout smoking.
    he hasnt smoked in years,he said he gave up coz skunk got too powerful and made him paronoid.he said he watched a documentry last month(i missed it) witch said that the weed and hash you used to get had lower thc and more cbn witch if im correct is thc thats degraided into a different cabanoid.

if what ive stated is wrong please correct me.

can i keep plants alive longed so i get cbn? if so whats the buzz like,id like to grow abit for him

hey up Hyperlite,

Marijuana that has a high THC content but low CBD content is the outcome of recreational Cannabis use rather than its medicinal use, I say this because recent Cannabis history has shown us that most recreational users demanded or at very least favoured the continuation of strains with a higher THC level (HighTimes Cannabis cup winners for example) but this allowed breeders to neglect the CBD content present in these strains, examples of this are the high CBD ratio's of Landrace Cannabis which has been naturally selected not like human selection based on THC improvement, and its these strains that have the highest CBD ratio's.
    CBD has now been proven to be an anti-psychotic agent so the strains that are very high in THC and low in CBD can facilitate panic, nervousness and paranoia much more easily if the person is using Cannabis that has a unaturally imbalanced ratio of Cannabinoids.
    CBN is a degradtion of THC by oxidization through sunlight or heat, its not very nice to be fair and makes you feel very fuzzy and disorientated rather than actually stoned or high.

All Cannabinoids and there roles are explained more clearly here....
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cannabinoids

hope this helps

Thanks

Wicked post - good read.

Thanks

I have had a couple of panic attacks in the last year both times were a combination of early or sativa skunk and cafeine and sugar.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tripples View Post
    I have had a couple of panic attacks in the last year both times were a combination of early or sativa skunk and cafeine and sugar.
    Caffeine has given me a really bad panic attack before while I was out with my mum in town after I had a large vstrong dark roast coffee in Nero's I think it was.
    Ive had two after smoking haze with people I neither knew very well and mutually wernt too keen on in hindsight (which didnt help!)
    I mainly ingest weed at a dose that suits my level of tolerence and can now appreciate a herb that if continued smoked, I believe I'de of eventually rejected totally and would as a result lose out on its health benefits! funny really.

Its worth baring in mind that plants have for thousands of years developed alkaloids, terpines and other chemicals defences simply to improve life in its enviroment and to ward off insects, herbivores & pathogens (plant attacking moulds & bacteria etc) from eating there leaves and there precious future generations (seeds), Cannabis and its development of THC therefor is no exception to this rule although its worth mentioning also how much these defences serve to the human thereputically and medicinaly if not abused or de-natured by man, poppies, coca, tea.....are just some examples.

Thanks

Very true I find a good indica with presumably more CBN can be very grounding for me where as a pure potent sativa like pure power plant can send me into a clumsy whirlwind.

Thanks

Big Bang
    Chill out and relaxing high, known for its medicinal properties.

Awards: 3rd prize HTCC 2000.

Genetics: Skunk, Northern Light, El NiƱo.

Effect: Very known for its medicinal properties, it is sold in the Dutch pharmacies as prescription medicine. Relaxing and calming effect.

Flowering indoor: 9 weeks will guarantee the full range of cannabinoids. Commercially ready in 8 weeks. Yield up to 800 gr/sqm. Very good on SOG and ScrOG systems.

Flowering outdoor: Ready at the beginning of October in the Northern hemisphere and in April in the Southern one. Yield up to 1000 gr/plant.

THC: 13.3%
    CBD: 0%
    CBN: 1.43%

thats quite high for a plant flower fopr longer and it will kick up man

Thanks

thanks for input guys,learned alot.
    might try 1 bigbang for next grow