Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: whats the deal with autos

Thanks

Default whats the deal with autos

what are the benefits of doing autos. i hear they have a set time till finish no matter what you do with them or how big a pot there in. what do you do with the light cycle, can you just leave them on 18 hours the whole grow. i read some where today that some strains still need to be lowered to 12/12 for flower to start. i hear the dont like being topped but have seen grows that have been. a lot of conflicting stuff out there, someone please set me straight

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Frank For This Useful Post:

TokeItUpUK (04-02-14)

TheKraken Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Frank View Post
    what are the benefits of doing autos. i hear they have a set time till finish no matter what you do with them or how big a pot there in. what do you do with the light cycle, can you just leave them on 18 hours the whole grow. i read some where today that some strains still need to be lowered to 12/12 for flower to start. i hear the dont like being topped but have seen grows that have been. a lot of conflicting stuff out there, someone please set me straight
    Autos are quality, I done a think different in a 7.5 litre pot, got 1.5oz, but I now have three in 20 litre pots and they are 2-3 times bigger already. They have been topped as did another 3 I had growing and all of them took it in their stride. I would recommend the following strains from experience.

Dutch Passion - Think Different
    Barney's Farm - Malana Bomb
    Dinafem - Critical+
    Dinafem - Critical Cheese
    Dr Krippling - Krippleberry

I haven't germed them yet but I also have,

Heavyweight Seeds - Fast & Vast

A member called Daniel Son currently has a diary up with them.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to TheKraken For This Useful Post:

Frank (02-02-14)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,700 Times

Autos are great, so easy, just plant them in 15 litre containers, feed em, and eight -nine weeks later you are harvesting bud.
    You wont get anywhere near grandads 20 oz. a plant grows, but you will get some nice very smokable bud..
    I go 20-4 on the lights start to finish., using either biobizz or plant magic nutes.
    I got near 13 Oz from 5 in soil first grow, and an average of around about 3 ounce per plant from then on in, in dirt.

I am going with the coco on this grow to see how it compares.

I have grown about dozen different seeds/ varieties, so im no expert, but....
    I would recommend the big buddha critical mass, to get you mashed, and the pyramid tutenkhamun auto for taste.
    Would also recomment vision seeds white widow, for being cheap seeds, and a cracking smoke

I am dyiing to grow a couple of the bigger autos like think different from dutch passion , and the ogre from joint doctor/lowryder seeds.
    Also wanna try the big buddha blue cheese auto next time too.

Try some, they are the future, i tell ya, the future!!

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bigbadbillybob For This Useful Post:

Boogieman (03-02-14), Frank (02-02-14), Grandad (06-02-14)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bigbadbillybob View Post
    Autos are great, so easy, just plant them in 15 litre containers, feed em, and eight -nine weeks later you are harvesting bud.
    You wont get anywhere near grandads 20 oz. a plant grows, but you will get some nice very smokable bud..
    I go 20-4 on the lights start to finish., using either biobizz or plant magic nutes.
    I got near 13 Oz from 5 in soil first grow, and an average of around about 3 ounce per plant from then on in, in dirt.

I am going with the coco on this grow to see how it compares.

I have grown about dozen different seeds/ varieties, so im no expert, but....
    I would recommend the big buddha critical mass, to get you mashed, and the pyramid tutenkhamun auto for taste.
    Would also recomment vision seeds white widow, for being cheap seeds, and a cracking smoke

I am dyiing to grow a couple of the bigger autos like think different from dutch passion , and the ogre from joint doctor/lowryder seeds.
    Also wanna try the big buddha blue cheese auto next time too.

Try some, they are the future, i tell ya, the future!!
    i like the idea of super fast grows but can they be topped or lst'd or will mess the grow up. im not a fan of christmass trees

TheKraken Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Frank View Post
    i like the idea of super fast grows but can they be topped or lst'd or will mess the grow up. im not a fan of christmass trees
    The strains I mentioned have all been grown out with topping and lst'ing, I would only top once though. Have a little butchers at my current diary and you can see the sort of growth you can expect. They are in coco and 20 litre pots.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to TheKraken For This Useful Post:

Frank (03-02-14)

Thanks

I will be using autoflower for my first grows. Will look into your list

Ta
    Quote Originally Posted by TheKraken View Post
    Autos are quality, I done a think different in a 7.5 litre pot, got 1.5oz, but I now have three in 20 litre pots and they are 2-3 times bigger already. They have been topped as did another 3 I had growing and all of them took it in their stride. I would recommend the following strains from experience.

Dutch Passion - Think Different
    Barney's Farm - Malana Bomb
    Dinafem - Critical+
    Dinafem - Critical Cheese
    Dr Krippling - Krippleberry

I haven't germed them yet but I also have,

Heavyweight Seeds - Fast & Vast

A member called Daniel Son currently has a diary up with them.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to legalizeme For This Useful Post:

TheKraken Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Techmob View Post
    I will be using autoflower for my first grows. Will look into your list

Ta
    Hey Techmob,

I would highly recommend the Malana Bomb, it knocked my bollocks off and tasted so fruity, smells very orangey too.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to TheKraken For This Useful Post:

Boogieman (03-02-14)

Thanks

Nice one, will check it out

Thanks

I love Autos..here is a A.K. Auto from Blimburn Seeds I harvested at day 80Attachment 247834Attachment 247835Attachment 247839Attachment 247838

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Boogieman For This Useful Post:

Frank (04-02-14), Grandad (06-02-14)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 8,585 Times

Well here is my take on autos...

autos are pretty much these days the same as normal plants, except they flower under any lighting schedule.. so if you have to drop to 12/12 then they aint autos, although autos will flower under 12/12 they will also flower inder 14/10 10/14 or any other combination..

as for topping and supercropping, yes.. but you are best of getting it done asap and before they show sex

lst, yep.. thats a given here is a chiesel auto that i lst'd the fuck out of...

thats nicely filling a 90cm x 90 cm space on its own, loads of budsites and its in a 15l pot of coco...

here is my think different at some different stages..

at 75 days

day 1 true flower (about 31 days ago)

about a week after it was supercropped

just after i supercropped it...

and a couple of days after i topped it at the third true node..

as for veg times, the only control you have on this is root zone size... they go into full flower when they are rootbound, hence why people advise to put straight into the final pot... so if you prolong the amount of time it tales to make it potbound then you will increase your veg time... as you can see my think different has not had any issues with the topping supercropping or the lst done on her and although she still has a few weeks in her the yield will well worth it as she will break double figures imo..

as for strains.. well although im growing a big buddha chiesel, i would stick to dutch passion and dinafem in the future as the quality health and vigor of all of their auto strains has been second to none... here is a dinafem critical jack auto that was grown with 9 other plants in a 2m x 2m tent with 2 600w hps, 10l pots of coco.. they were done between 68 and 94 days

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00080.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	48.9 KB 
ID:	247840

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00081.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	43.4 KB 
ID:	247841

she went nearly six oz. had a white cheese auto that nearly did seven.. these were all untouched apart from some light lst to pull them open and support them etc... that was on my first grow mate, we had 45oz all together not including popcorn etc.... i would say go for it, i have recently changed to 20/4 lighting but all my other grows were done on 18/6 and they did alright lol

basically, give them plenty of light and a decent sized pot and you will do alright.. but stick with the decent autofem breeders like DP and dinafem.. i have tried royal queen seeds northen lights and that was shit, and so was delicious seeds le bella aphrodita, and the big buddha chiesel i had one male, one dud, and one that i binned as it just wasnt growing.. the only one from a pack of five is the one in the first pic lol strains i can personally recommend are

Dinafem autos...
    original amnesia
    cheese
    critical jack
    moby dick
    white cheese
    critical+
    critical 2.0 (better than the critical+)

and i have only grown this one DP strain but there are plenty of good ones from them, im giving the autoxtreme and the auto blue mazzar a go next, and the widow and auto ultimate and auto mazzar are all very well known big yielding strong potent strains from dutch passion.. autoxtreme is actually a joint effort between dinafem and DP so i am very vey eager to get going on them

DP Tony also told me almost half their sales are now autofems, so they must be doing something right imo.. lol

anyway, the point in this wasn't to blow ones own trumpet.. but was just to show that autos are not the delicate low yielding weak plants they used to be, the only thing i would say against them is that you cant keep a mom ( would love one of my current TD) and they need a longer cure than most photo strains i have grown, potency has always been up there with the photos for me and some have been some of the strongest shit i have smoked...

give it a bash frank you know you want to

mon the autos!!!!

18. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to ironjustice For This Useful Post:

Boogieman (04-02-14), Bostin (14-02-14), Frank (04-02-14), Goodbuddy (04-02-14), Grandad (06-02-14), greentoker (04-02-14), legalizeme (04-02-14), snood (06-02-14), TokeItUpUK (04-02-14)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast