Thread: Oxy pots

Thanks

Smile Oxy pots

Morning all, I've just bought an oxy pot will try it on an auto first, not sure if it would hold a photo?

If any one has any experience, tips they would be most welcome.

Not starting it till March as it's gonna be in the greenhouse, so plenty of time to get organised

Happy growing

Thanks

iv just started with a oxy pot, 1st think clean your stone and tube and bucket in boiling water to kill the bacteria, once your seedlings are rooted just wait until you have a fair few out before you shove it in. I assume your using rockwool, when you have put her or them in keep the water level just under the net pot so it will keep the pebbles wet but not to soaking.

thats all imo so you can take the advise or not its up to you, but good luck in your venture

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Marky2012 For This Useful Post:

Heatseeker (07-02-14), Oxy (07-02-14), She's-a-Lady (02-09-14)

Thanks

Hi mark, thanks for the input, yes will be using rock wool and sanitising everything, didn't realise had to do the air stones too, so that was a close one, you saved a life there mate.
    Got a Few things I'm worried about, if you can help, no worries if not, mostly doing it in a greenhouse coz i won't be able to control the humidity, water temp and room temp. It's all gonna be weather permitting!
    So you don't need the roots to be touching the water? And at what level do keep the water after they grow up, halfway up the net?
    Are you using Dutch master Zone (black)
    I think I'm gonna be up against it, but hey ho, it's only a tester this time. If all goes well ill kit the whole greenhouse out, if not I'll drill holes in the bucket and fill it with soil and use the pump to bubble my watering cans for the proper grow lol
    Well best of luck marky, PM me if you get chance, would love to know how it all goes for you

Thanks

Soak your clay pebbles in Ph 5.5 water for a couple of days before you start if you don't you will have problems with your Ph rising for a couple of weeks

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to shadrack For This Useful Post:

Heatseeker (08-02-14), jericho (12-02-16), Oxy (07-02-14), She's-a-Lady (02-09-14)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 34,377 Times

i had trouble with the plant leaning and moving the net pot, use fish tank sealant around the net pot to stop it moving, found them hard work in flower with photo's but will use them again. cracking bit of kit atb... fill water to the max line till roots established then drop the water inch or so get the roots looking for the water... and cover the oxy in mylar and the pebbles/top of pot helps with the temps.
    Last edited by Oxy; 07-02-14 at 03:36 PM.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Oxy For This Useful Post:

Heatseeker (08-02-14), Marky2012 (13-02-14)