Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: First timer heading to the dam next month – I’m looking for some tips guys!

Thanks

Thats for the better then,can't wait to go again,great place.But hey,as long as the weed is good,i'll smoke it in a phone box

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,524 Times

One thing I would not go the Dam for is pot, we are at least equal at producing good bud here in the UK, but its a must do for cannabis smokers just for the experience.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to algie For This Useful Post:

frogprince (11-02-14), marque08 (03-03-14)

Thanks

I've been to Amsterdam but the whole thing was a blur. I suspect you and your 3 buddies are in for some of the same.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to 420worldrecord For This Useful Post:

O®G@N$©S (03-03-14)

Thanks

just keep ya wits about ya, there are a few, unscrupulous characters but to be fair no worse than any other major city.

Dont go out gettin drunk shoutin ya mouth off
    do try as many different strains as possible
    dont spend ya whole time lookin at a map just go for it
    Do rent a bicycle and get lost, (so much fun)
    dont buy any thing off street dealers
    do take in everything good dam has to offer
    dont miss your flight home
    do eat a couple of hash brownies before leaving!

theres a few do's and don't lol have fun mate dont be nervous, beautiful city! one of the cleanest citys i think ive ever been to

Thanks

Amsterdam is a great place, i´ve been there 5 times, but amsterdam has a very high crime rate and the highest murderrate of western europe.

Don´t take drinks from foreigners ( happens more often, than you think )
    Don´t enter cars of foreigners
    Don´t enter flats of foreigners
    Don´t make any big deals, not even in coffeshops
    Don´t buy from street dealers
    Avoid smoking in public ( some get agressive )
    Avoid adam ghettos ( famous for murder and rape )
    Test only a bit of the weed, that seems interesting ( enough shops got low quality weed or hash )

My favourite coffeshops there are,
    hill street blues
    grasshopper
    hortus
    betty boo
    dampkring

They got coffeshop guides there, the one i got was very good.
    There was only one warning because of hard rock cafe, some tourist ended up in hospital after visiting this shop. Especially one blond guy with sunglases is famous for brutal beating with everything he gets in his hands.

I was in the shop before i red this, and like destiny is, it was the only shop where i had some trouble and nearly a beating. If you believe it or not, it was a blond guy with sunglases, but i left the shop before it became bloody and painful.

Thanks

man dont scare the kiddy, its no worse than any other city!
    if your gettin trouble in coffee shops then ya doin summit wrong...ive been into prob every coffee shop in dam and not once had any kind of trouble..EVER
    stayed out till god knows what time in the red light district and the area surrounding it with the missis and had no trouble..
    ive had far worse experiences in london than i have had in dam

the only negative experience, in the many times ive been, ocurred in the day, and on my first time in dam. and it goes as follows....

first time in dam: got off the train at central station, straight away was approached by a tramp looking guy who offered to show me to my hotel, i declined telling him i knew the way - he followed me anyway.
    he pursued me all the way to the hotel and when i went in, he waited outside...
    i told the guy at reception and he told me im better off going to give him 5 euros to save my self trouble later....so like a young in-experienced traveler in a new city, i paid him.....im not sure if i would now though

two more quick things...

dont be rude to the guys selling coke (washing powder) just focus on where your going and dont worry about them to much, if they do approach you the best thing to do is give them a smile, and do the internationally recognized sign for 'no thanks im not interested'
    (which is just a wave of the hand and a disapproving shake of the head )

also i find if you walk with purpose, like you know exactly where your going at all times (even if you have no idea) then you are less likely to get any trouble. daudling around with an a3 map up in the air is just a massive neon 'come rob me' sign to the pickpockets

its just standard stuff but it goes along way

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by algie View Post
    One thing I would not go the Dam for is pot, we are at least equal at producing good bud here in the UK, but its a must do for cannabis smokers just for the experience.
    I suppose that is dependent on contacts though and not just popping into a shop and selecting what you want.

Thanks

Hope you have a good time!
    been there three times , Not sure how well i can inform you off the "weaker strains"
    but coffeehouse wise I recommend :
    Voyagers (menu is always rotated different strains usually good quality! I went and they had Skywalker OG was a Highlight i can tell you that)
    Grey Area
    Popeye
    Prix D'Ami ( Just next too the station coffeshop has pooltables and a lounge)
    Also i would advise exploring the city and making up you're own mind ,
    On a nice day take the bikes out that would be a laugh!

Thanks

Been twice. 1st time 9 or 10 of us drove over taking the catamaran to Belgium and driving the rest. Stayed on a barge the 1st time lol what a laugh that was. We arrived where the barge was (basically in a long line of others) and the owner was looking through what looked like a port hole saying hi and at the same time there was a steaming load of piss coming out of a hole a few feet from his head.....Fantastic place to be fair. The owner was just a complete stoner like us all and left us too it.....he would serve us a cooked brekky and then open up his fridge full of stuff and tell us to help ourselves and leave the cash on the side....you know what we actually paid for everything we drunk from the fridge due to the bloke being so cool and relaxed and trusting us.
    I also recall walking down the street heading for coffee shop and passing a sex club. Bloke outside sex club see's the group and say's "Hey guy's fancy a show" we were like nah mate we are off to get stoned first but maybe later/tomorrow. Then he shouted after us a line in a cockney accent that has and will stay with me for life - "Cmon lad's get in ere....It's fecking disgusting in ere, suck fucky, licky dicky, spanky wanky......sooo fecking disgusting you lad's will love it!!!!" lol We actually had to stop due to his good patter and have an on the spot vote on what we were going to do......coffee shop won just lol.
    Next time I went was a stag weekend where we flew in and stayed in a hotel...still a very good weekend though ....must have been as I don't recall much of it.

Thanks

in our book we have a page for all the first-timers, with tips how to order, what and where.
    There is also a best-of-list for coffeeshops if you are not too experienced.

check it out if you want: http://www.cofdam.com

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast