Thread: Letter to a Doctor requesting Sativex.

Thanks

Default Letter to a Doctor requesting Sativex.

Hi.

I have also cross-posted this in the legal section, so it appears twice in the forums here, but on hindsight I think that it is better in the medical section.

Advice appreciated.

I have just been busted in the UK for cannabis cultivation and I have been informed that if I can provide evidence that I use cannabis as a medicine that it will help my case.

Help and assistance would be appreciated.

Letter to my doctor.

6th Feb. 2014.

My medical condition.

Date of birth

01/01/0001

Dear doctor.

I do not have a regular doctor and am not receiving treatment from a doctor for anything, and neither do I take “any” kind of prescription or non prescription medicines apart from cannabis.

I am 54 years old and have been using cannabis since I was 18. I have muscular pains and back pains. I live on the top floor of an apartment building with no elevator, and on a daily basis it is difficult and painful for me to climb the stairs. Walking short distances is also painful. My leg muscles were overdeveloped when I was young as I was an avid cyclist, walker and mountain climber and at my current age my leg muscles are rather flabby and weak.

I am also a tobacco smoker. I have smoked tobacco since my early teens.

The only medication which I use is cannabis and I would describe myself as a very heavy user and can get through about a quarter to a half ounce of cannabis in a day. I simply cannot afford to buy cannabis (around £300 per ounce) and so I have been growing cannabis. I have a previous conviction........for cannabis cultivation and on the ............ 2014 (two days ago) the police raided my apartment and seized my cannabis plants, of which about 20 were mature flowering plants. I am currently on bail and due to be charged this coming Monday at....... police station..... I should point out, that I am a qualified secondary school teacher (I am no longer working in that profession) and that I have no history of criminal behaviour apart from cannabis cultivation.

I thus no longer have the medicine which I need to treat my condition. I have been self medicating with cannabis for many years and am very familiar with the medical effects of this plant.

Since the police have seized my medicine, I am now seeking a prescription for cannabis oil (aka Sativex) for medical reasons.

Cannabis is widely used in America to treat muscular pain (Cannot include hyperlink) and there is a multitude of scientific / medical evidence that it is effective. This evidence is apparently ignored by most UK doctors whose prejudice against cannabis is entirely non scientific.

I have been advised that although there is a great deal of resistance and unscientific prejudice among doctors in prescribing cannabis, however if I can obtain a prescription for Sativex either privately or through the NHS, that this would be considered in my upcoming prosecution for cannabis cultivation. Alternatively I have been advised that I need to find a doctor who will “refuse” to give me a prescription and then report them to the General Medical Council for malpractice / failing to care for a patient, etc. Please not that this is nothing personal and that the GMC can be expected to take the doctor's side, since their view of cannabis is clearly unscientific and prejudiced in comparison to the more “pro-cannabis medicine” view of many in the US medical profession where it is used for a very wide variety of conditions.

Please note also that I am not involved in any way in the sale of cannabis and that I use it purely for medical reasons.

Family medical history: my father died last year of colonic cancer and that he also previously had testicular cancer. My mother had Lukemia and died in 1969. She did not die of lukemia; the cause of death was suicide and she was simply existing in a state of suffering and misery due to both the lukemia and the treatments she was receiving.

Cannabis is widely used in the US as a cancer treatment and as a preventative medicine.

“Most CCGs refuse to provide Sativex because it is so expensive.* A month’s prescription of Sativex costs the NHS £560.00.* The equivalent from Bedrocan costs between £35.00 and £105.00 depending on which product is prescribed. “ (Cannot include hyperlink)

I am aware that due to the virtual monopoly of Sativex (G.W. Pharmaceuticals has the only UK license to produce cannabis) that the price of legal Sativex is about 10 times the price of cannabis oil in the US or in Amsterdam for example. Clearly this is total extortion by G.W. Pharmaceuticals, however that is not my problem; that is due to a decision to allow a monopoly on an easy to grow medicine by the UK government. Cannabis oil is extremely easy to extract from cannabis plants and is extracted in traditional methods used to extract just about any plant oil and it is not an expensive product to produce and it is not rocket science. Cannabis costs no more to produce than the tobacco plant and tobacco farmers sell their crops for around $1.50 per pound whereas illegal cannabis is up to £5000 per pound and Sativex sells for many times that amount.

I should not be deprived of a medicine which I use and need simply because the UK government has decided to give an economic monopoly to a cannabis farmer (i.e., G.W, Pharmaceuticals.) and has given them free reign to charge the NHS such ridiculous and extortionate prices; meanwhile the UK government spends vast sums of money prosecuting the farmers who produce far less expensive and illegal cannabis, and who are the competitors of the GW pharmaceuticals monopoly.

Essentially I need either a prescription for cannabis or a letter stating that the reasons (such as the cost) why I cannot be prescribed cannabis.

Kind regards

““UK policy on medicinal cannabis is cruel and corrupt.* While ministers refuse even to consider reform despite overwhelming scientific evidence, hundreds of thousands of British people persist in pain, suffering and disability which could be relieved by cannabis.* The police are used as armed enforcers of GW Pharmaceuticals’ unlawful monopoly, arresting and even imprisoning sick people who are merely trying to improve their health.* “ (Cannot include hyperlink)

More information on medical cannabis from US medical doctor Sanjay Gupta M.D.:

(Cannot include hyperlink)
    “Dr. Sanjay Gupta's epic change of heart regarding medical cannabis is a momentous occasion for all of us who know the truth about cannabis. For him to publicly admit he was wrong and that we the people have been systematically lied to by the government regarding cannabis is a huge step towards awakening the masses. “
    Last edited by Goodbuddy; 07-02-14 at 11:20 AM. Reason: removed personals

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Lucifer666 For This Useful Post:

Goodbuddy (06-02-14)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 16,999 Times