Thread: My CFL to Hydro plan for 2014 and updates included!

Thanks

Default My CFL to Hydro plan for 2014 and updates included!

Recently Brother kitty returned to the growing game after a long good sit back an think about his life in growing and this is the outcome and all other stuff connected to growing! I was posting diarys else where for the last Auto BM/KK grow but that was last year so new year and a new start for 2014..

What I ordered

3x Auto Fem Blue Mystic beans totalling
    4 Auto femmed BM beans
    4 Normal femmed Kaia Kush beans

Dark Street DS120 II
    Wilma Big 4 System

Air Cooled Supernova Reflector - 250w/400w

Osram 400W Son-T-Plus - 48,000 Lumens
    Sunmaster 400W Metal Halide Lamp - 7200K

Dimmable Lumatek Digital Ballast 600W

SMS Fan Controller 6.5A
    RUCK Fan & Rhino Pro Filter With Acoustic Ducting - 5 inch (365m3)

Clay Pebbles - 50 litre x2

Ionic Hydro Bloom 5 Litre S/W
    Ionic Hydro Grow 5 Litre S/W
    Ionic PK Boost 5 Litre

Thermometer & Hygrometer
    Bluelab Combo Meter
    PH up 1 Litre
    PH down 1 Litre

Powerstar Contactor - 2kw - 2Socket

Measuring Jug
    Clip Fan - 6" x2

I have 3 timers to cover controling since i was given a free one unsure why.

For the purpose of possible clones if i decide to grow out the KAia Kush beans i also invested in the following

Stewart Unheated Propagator 38cm (SMALL) 1
    Scalpel 2
    Clonex 250ml 1

I already have a pack of 24 root riot cubes which i bough ages ago incase i ever needed them so thats the transfer from germing to hydro pots covered.

Thats my entire setup which has all arrived.
    ------------------------------------------------

Now ive been testing stuff working out stuff an playing with stuff to ensure its all in fully working order since my last journal post about hydro growing. An i must say its been a rather fun challenge to say the least.

To date ive test

wilma system with pumps an all POTs cleaned out - its in perfect working order!

My un distilled tap water PH is 7.7 and the EC came up as 0.5 So my PH an EC readings are not very much difference since when the waters left overnight.

100 litres of clay pebbles both packs fully rinsed out an definitly needed!

BlueLab Combo Meter calabrated and tap waters been PH and EC tested

Temp
    High 93 oF
    Low 75 oF

Humididity
    High 51%
    Low 21%

E.C in water left overnight 0.6

P.H in water left overnight 6.9 average
    Temp
    High 93 oF
    Low 75 oF

Humididity
    High 51%
    Low 21%

so far ive only got around to ducting the ruckus fan to one end of my air cooled supernova fan. Im deciding weither to duck the other end of my supernova to my rhino filter OR straight to the outside of my Gtent. The reason for this is because my neabours no i smoke weed, BUT i dont no if the aroma will be worst than it was in that old compact groom i used in past limited groom grows which i did BM an NL autos in.

other than that all timers have been tested an are in full working order.

One thing i remember from past grows is that when i was germing my beans all autos in the past using the paper towel method, they had a 100% sucess germ rate using basic tap water even though ive hard water an the PH averages 6.9-7.7 from the tap. SO i may not even need to begin using the PH down until it comes down to sticking my tap rooted beans into root riots to let them grow some roots before they go into the wilma pots...

I even made a home made SCrog using basic wiring an bambo canes from DIY an some rubber wth wiring in it to attach My scroG to the inside of my tent at the height i decide, which ive not worked out just yet.

Lastly heres 2 pics of how the inside of my gtents looking first ones with the ruckus connected via acustic ducking to 1 side of my supernova

an the second includes my homemade SCRoG sitting on top of my wilma system.

Lastly a thread on my homemade SCroG screen can be found here for any curious newbies who need an insight into how pretty easy it can be to home make a SCroG screen yourself for relatively low cost!

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...e-SCroG-Screen
    ------------------------------

I think ive covered everything from 3 journal posts else where to update any followers i developed on here threw my past grows. But i wil update this thread as things progress.

On a side note i sure did pick a great time to slap on a nictoreete patch to kick off my second attempt to kick smoking normal fags an with the kick ass weather us Brits have been having in SE london. An boy is it a challegning time with all over issues from 3 family losses an other stuff which ive had to take on single handedly.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to curious-kitty For This Useful Post:

babybud3232 (01-03-14)

Thanks

Nice setup. can't wait to see west you pull from it.

Thanks

Also im assuming youre going scrog. Do you top or just let grow natural?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Mnementh24 For This Useful Post:

curious-kitty (11-02-14)

Thanks

Cheers M24

Yes i do plan to SCRoG as Im impressed with results ive seen from thread on other fourms.

After quite abit of reading up its ideal to venture into SCRoG for the simple reason of a more even canapoy! since buds all grown on the same level would mean they all get a more even growing experince due to them being more level, rather than seeing them grow into trees an that can be tricky when you wanna move them all around or have to pull any out.

Plus i like to be hands on with my grows an using wilma cuts the annoying remembering to water them 3-4 daily which sometimes i had a hard time doing due to offline stuff. an then i get to learn the art of SCRoG under better lighting an wit more space to play with compared to my last grow location.

Thanks

just did a further 24hr high/low temp test to see how it was in the tent witht he ruckus running an the other part of my ducting connected to my supernova going threw one of the vents in my tent an heres the results. i did turn off one of the smaller fans to see how it handled running with just the ruckus and 1 small fan

Humidity
    High 53&
    Low 30%

Temps
    High 81.6 F
    Low 73.6 F

this is without hooking up my ducting to a rhino fan so unsure if il try using the rhino yet.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to curious-kitty For This Useful Post:

babybud3232 (01-03-14), Bozzer (13-03-14)