Thread: A Patient Speaks About Eating Cannabis

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,844 Times

Default A Patient Speaks About Eating Cannabis

I found this as a response to a discussion about Lyme Disease and Cannabis. I found so much great info for all cannabis patients I had to share it. I have no idea who wrote it.
    I suggest it should be a sticky.

You really need to eat Cannabis. Something exciting awaits if smoking it already helps you.

I am pretty sure I have had Lyme since April 1998. I just figured it all out in the last week. For the last two years I have been managing severe symptoms quite well with Cannabis, Hot Tub, myofascial release, Osteopathic Manipulative therapy and a lot of other tools. I am remarkably asymptomatic and functional with Cannabis being the underlying stabilizer. I feel like I am tiptoeing on a cliff in the sunshine with a smile. It keeps me safe and smiling. I used to fall off that cliff and spend 2 months or more working out the damage. I had symptoms like Parkinsons and MS pretty bad in 2011 when I first discovered Cannabis’s therapeutic value beyond helping nausea.

I eat a very potent Cannabis cookie every night before bed. The cookie could put a room full of college kids to sleep for 12 hrs. I keep them in labeled jars in the freezer so I don’t kill pets or send unsuspecting humans to the ER. I have built up to this dose. For me it is like 10mg of vicodin that lasts the whole next day. Plus it has the best muscle relaxers and anti-inflammatories built in. Once you have eaten a smaller dose for a week or so you will be able to build up with out the side affects…due to the CBD building up in your system. After 2-3 weeks you will love the anti-inflammatory properties and feel some of the anxiety and ptsd let go.

There are also ways your body processes it when you eat it that are different. For instance some of the cannabinoids like THC will be in an acid form that is very therapeutic, non-psychoactive, recycles through your system and you don’t build a tolerance to it. For me, smoking it would be a waste of good meds. I will vaporize concentrates for a boost when I already have solid baseline on board. Smoking helps some on top of my baseline.

Concentrated tinctures made from the whole plant without heat are really effective. I use alcohol for my strongest one. Olive oil and glycerin work too. The alcohol tincture made from the whole plant is how I discovered it worked. I was so desperate and doped to the point of vomiting on narcotics one day I took more Cannabis than I thought anyone should. I hoped it would help nausea. Turns out it helped almost everything. My back and joints started to loosen for the rest of the day. At that point in my life I was in so much unmanaged pain, and seizureing at night. Every hour of every day had just been getting worse for months. My sleep was useless the from the seizures that would leave me stiff as a board in the mornings so to loosen up was exciting. It continued for months. It helps me move through stiffness after die-offs, balances my immune system some, helps my balance, coordination, working memory, attitude, social drive, and ability to learn. Those were the improvements that puzzled me the most….in hindsight probably from helping nerve inflammation and dopamine. I suspected there could be some “I don’t care” pain relief but instead…Bye bye to spasms, pain, the fascial pulling that crushes me, dislocating joints, ribs, vertebrae and anything else in their pull line. It helps the anxiety and PTSD a ton too. Sometimes the pain gets away a little so I supplement with narcotics so I can keep my baseline Cannabis the same. If that boost doesn’t work I eat more Cannabis and may skip the next days dose of Cannabis if I don’t need it. It has such a long half life you don’t have to worry about taking it all the time and it doesn’t wear off fast. I can skip or double a dose as needed. Perfect for chronic pain. Calm the flames and keep them that way.

I still have very active infections and have no idea the extent of damage but symptomatically Cannabis has stabilized me back to reasonable health while the doc and I figured it out. I’ve gained back 10 of the 50 lbs I lost.

Eat it steadily over time gradually increasing dose until comfortable. It has built in balancing, complimenting, side-effect mitigating properties so use the whole plant. The Cannabinoids, Flavinoids, Terpenes and other herbal properties all have value and make it work properly. That is why it works for so many conditions and varied symptoms but not when pharmaceutical companies try to isolate and synthesize parts.

Oh yeah. Cannabis is awesome topically. Use a crock pot about 160 degrees. Add flowers, and other plants parts, or concentrates to olive oil, coconut oil or other carrier. Rub it in where it hurts. You will love it! Also my alcohol tincture can numb an excruciating spot if applied topically over several days.

The THC has a 24 hr half life. The CBD has a 30 hr half life and it outcompetes the THC at receptor sites. The CBD will build up in you system with regular use and block side affects of the THC so you can get up to a therapeutic dose….which is way higher than you can easily smoke.

I also use a hot tub or shower every 12 hrs to induce a fever for some kill. I have been doing this for years to keep myself healthy not knowing why it helped so much. Seems like if I get my head hot enough I can think better for a couple days. Still a little confused and disoriented but here I am rambling to you instead of sitting in a dark quiet place.

Give it time to work. There are days I actually think I am better and they don’t turn into the worst days like they used to. It has given me hope for quality of life both now and after the coming treatments.

Wish you all well. I know my advice will alleviate some suffering. Good luck. Power to the patients on this one

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to galt For This Useful Post:

Dal (03-03-14), Goodbuddy (19-02-14), lazor_ears (19-02-14), SmokeE bear (19-02-14), TokeItUpUK (19-02-14)