Thread: Quick ppm question :)

Thanks

Default Quick ppm question :)

Hi all

I am new to ppm/tds readings

I'm hand feeding in coco.

Tds (.5)

I'll try and keep this as short/simple as possible, as it seems to get pretty complex!

If your ppm runoff reading is lower than your ppm input reading, does this mean your plants need more nutes in the water???

I'm pretty sure this is right but! I have had nute burn/claw. And my ppms are telling me to feed them more! So it has made me question my self.

Thanks

Ps my ph levels are 5.6-5.8. Runoff 5.7-5.9

Thanks

Ha ha just realised I said I'm using .5 conversion and didn't state any ppm readings so it had no relevance! Lol ( that's the MJ lol )

So,

My tap water comes out around 200ppm just under.

I fed my girls with 600ppm, 30% run off.

Had reading of around 350ppm on the runoff.

Ph was perfect

But like I said they have shown pretty bad nute burn and nitro claw with less nutes in the feed, this was recently and I flushed straight away.

Any help much appreciate

Thanks

Ok so no replies, I've either asked a stupid question or no one who's seen it knows the answer.

So if so, I hope this helps.

I just fed with a 850ppm nute solution, which was a lot of nutes!! Was going for 900/1000 but wasn't brave enough after putting 2ml/ltr plagron coco a and b, and cal-mag 1ml pr ltr. Just seems way too much to me.

So as the run off was 250/300ppm lower in the run off last time. I figured id try upping the ppm in the food by roughly as much this time hoping for a similar ppm reading going in the medium and coming out.

my run off on most were still low at around 500ppm.

A couple came out at about the same 800/850ppm so I guess that's their optimum feeding amount the moment??

Again I have no idea what I'm doing here really just experimenting and seem as I've had yellowing and stunted growth thought this would be the time to go into depth and try to find the problem.

Thanks

83 views and no replies!!! Lol

Just a quick update for anyone who might be reading this thread.....

It seems i WAS wrong!!

I fed with the higher ppm twice and my girls have burnt pretty bad

So mixed up a 350ppm solution and ran that through last night. Run off was was varying from 500-600ppm. Couple came out at 800ppm!! So that's supposed to tell me there's a build up of salt/nutes in the coco, and I should flush??. I'm goin to flush/feed with this lighter solution until I get a similar run off, then go for 8/900ppm again and see what comes out.

Ph still perfect.

I'm super confused with all this right now, can't seem to find anythin online like guidelines or even forums with decent simple advice.

Any help or input/suggestions would be much appreciated thanks.

I will attach a quick pic of one of my Burt girls

Thanks

Default Burnt :(

One of my girls burnt from 850ppm
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	70.7 KB 
ID:	252378  

mellowed Guest

are you sure you looked everywhere coz ive just found this in the hydro section

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...eters-Tutorial

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mellowed For This Useful Post:

Spliffpiffington (28-02-14)

SleepyEd Guest

growing in coco can bring big yields you've only got to read the diary's on here to see that........check em out they will help you alot....................saying that my advice to you is on your next grow get yourself a wilma and a bag of clay balls and its job done......... and as far as the ppm pen goes in the wilma you dip it into the res take your reading and adjust accordingly...good luck brother

9. The Following User Says Thank You to SleepyEd For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,426 Times

I dont have a clue about PPM's, only just learning my EC's haha

I see not many people have answered buddy. Im not the best help with coco just on my first grow.

If your run off coming out high tho just mix up some weak nutes and keep at that until they start to look hungry. Or until your run off ends up near enough the same as what your putting in.

It does look as it its been a bit over ferted.

Im sure some of the more experienced coco heads will be along to give some sound advice.

Can I ask what coco they are in?
    Last edited by BudMan; 28-02-14 at 11:26 AM.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BudMan For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Hi all! Whoo hoo! Replies! Lol, thought I was talking to myself for a bit there!

@mellowed, hi buddy I did come across that post but wasn't really what I was after, I understand the readings and difference between ec/Tdm/ppm etc. I really want some info on hand feeding coco drain to waist, ppm run off and what to do if run off readings are not correct or even what the correct run of is supposed to be! Lol. But thank you for reply really appreciated

@bashment fatty master. How u doin mate, I'll defo look into a Wilma, and my clay pebbles are already on the way! Again thanks for reply

@bud man. Mate it's a nightmare at beginning ain't it! Lol. They are pretty small for age and did show signs of def. so I figured give em a 600ppm ( which, from what I've read, isn't high by most peoples standard) and see how it goes, as I said my run off from that was like 300/350 so thought they wanted more :/ even with 850ppm the run off was still lower, so really was telling me to put more!?!? but soon as I saw tht burn I knew it was too much. Like you said I'm gonna keep it low an see what happens
    Using Cana coco plus.

Thanks all

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Spliffpiffington For This Useful Post:

BudMan (28-02-14)

Thanks

** or canna professional plus. Two names on bag not sure of the correct 1.