Thread: 3 happy days in Amsterdam

Thanks

Default 3 happy days in Amsterdam

3 happy days in Amsterdam;
    The Dam is ok if you’ve never been, but we’ve been a few times and find it expensive, crowded and full of dodgy characters and over priced hotels.
    Not much for smoking in the coffee shops as we always get that wasted we end up getting lost trying to find our way back to the hotel plus hotels are no smoking and can’t be arsed with either sticking my head out the window or smoking outside and heading back up in the lift wasted.
    So this time we got an apartment next to Vondel park (20min walk/5min tram from Dam) which allowed smoking! The cost was 80Euro per day which I found to be cheaper than a hotel and a lot more convenient with a coffee shop and plenty of munchies nearby – happy days!

Plenty of web sites advertising apartments - and you can filter out the smoking friendly and one with balconies.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kushfour20 For This Useful Post:

algie (05-03-14), Saffie (05-03-14), TokeItUpUK (05-03-14)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,524 Times

is a few years since i last visited, i liked the nicely chilled atmosphere all around, not just the coffee shops.

Thanks

Hi algie - for sure its a nice place to chill out and watch the world go by

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kushfour20 View Post
    3 happy days in Amsterdam;
    The Dam is ok if you’ve never been, but we’ve been a few times and find it expensive, crowded and full of dodgy characters and over priced hotels.
    Not much for smoking in the coffee shops as we always get that wasted we end up getting lost trying to find our way back to the hotel plus hotels are no smoking and can’t be arsed with either sticking my head out the window or smoking outside and heading back up in the lift wasted.
    So this time we got an apartment next to Vondel park (20min walk/5min tram from Dam) which allowed smoking! The cost was 80Euro per day which I found to be cheaper than a hotel and a lot more convenient with a coffee shop and plenty of munchies nearby – happy days!

Plenty of web sites advertising apartments - and you can filter out the smoking friendly and one with balconies.
    Surely there are hotels where you can smoke in your room.