Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Need a little help and direction, please.

Thanks

I'd say its a calcium problem. Can be from been too wet (as well as other thing)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to C.K.Watt For This Useful Post:

CM724 (11-03-14)

Talpa Guest

Swillys spot on with the watering issue and letting it dry out.

A good measure of when to water again would be when the soil around the edge of the pot starts moving away from the edge. alternatively use a cocktail stick to put down in the soil, see if its wet at the tip.

As new growers we were all a little too eager and overwatered. Let the pots dry out before you water again. The reason why you let them dry out is that when you water again it sucks the air down into the soil with the water. If the soil is already saturated then it will only starve the roots.

We also as new growers tended to be overprotective and watch every move they make so fuss more as well.

Just chill let the pots dry and just watch dont poke. lol

There is a chance that the soil was a little too hot for the seedling, but you would tend to see the tips burning towards the stem.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Talpa For This Useful Post:

CM724 (11-03-14), Mr Swilly (13-03-14)

Thanks

See Stone I was leaning towards the issue with nutes, specifically a problem with nitrogen. After reading, posting and taking in everything each of you had said it makes more sense. At least to me.

I went back to reading the premium potting soil bag and after discussing it with my boyfriend he thinks the same.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2014-03-11 01.56.37.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	75.1 KB 
ID:	254444

Here's the bag pic

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Talpa View Post
    Swillys spot on with the watering issue and letting it dry out.

A good measure of when to water again would be when the soil around the edge of the pot starts moving away from the edge. alternatively use a cocktail stick to put down in the soil, see if its wet at the tip.

As new growers we were all a little too eager and overwatered. Let the pots dry out before you water again. The reason why you let them dry out is that when you water again it sucks the air down into the soil with the water. If the soil is already saturated then it will only starve the roots.

We also as new growers tended to be overprotective and watch every move they make so fuss more as well.

Just chill let the pots dry and just watch dont poke. lol

There is a chance that the soil was a little too hot for the seedling, but you would tend to see the tips burning towards the stem.
    Talpa, I'm a self admitting overprotective newbie. I watch everything and panic at the slightest moment of worry.

Thanks

Lol Yep... every time a little something goes wrong she loses heart... im just trying to push her to finish her first grow.. then she will begin to see.. during this first grow if and when there is problems Im pushing her to seek out and learn... I do teach her what little I know and get her to use this internet site... she lost some beanz and bout had a heartastroke lmao...

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kenny420 For This Useful Post:

CM724 (11-03-14), Mr Swilly (13-03-14)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny420 View Post
    Lol Yep... every time a little something goes wrong she loses heart... im just trying to push her to finish her first grow.. then she will begin to see.. during this first grow if and when there is problems Im pushing her to seek out and learn... I do teach her what little I know and get her to use this internet site... she lost some beanz and bout had a heartastroke lmao...
    Thanks for busting me out about being sensitive with my seeds! It's difficult to accept when something goes wrong, even a tad bit, knowing it could be from something I've done. If it's as little as the type of soil I used, I should of known better. That's how I see it. The growing conditions I can control are what bugs me when they go wrong or need adjusting.

Talpa Guest

Quote Originally Posted by CM724 View Post
    Talpa, I'm a self admitting overprotective newbie. I watch everything and panic at the slightest moment of worry.
    This was my point, just chill and wait. Lay off the watering. There is nothing wrong with that soil the NPK rating is real low and I doubt its too hot.

Just watch the new growth not the old.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Talpa For This Useful Post:

CM724 (11-03-14), Mr Swilly (11-03-14)

Thanks

Thanks again Talpa.

Thanks

Thought I'd give a couple pics for an update.

Money Maker seems to be doing well.

Name:	2014-03-14 Money Maker 2-27-14 c.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	85.7 KB 
ID:	255077

On this one you can see that there is growth right above the cotyledon. Which I had not seen before and isn't on any of my other plants. Not sure if it's common or not.

Name:	2014-03-14 Money Maker 2-27-14.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	97.7 KB 
ID:	255078

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2