Thread: Grant Legal Aid for The Inquest Into The Death of Cherry Groce

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,405 Times

Default Grant Legal Aid for The Inquest Into The Death of Cherry Groce

http://www.change.org/en-GB/petition... via @UKChange

Just got sent this by email, thought you people may like to sign it aswell. I would like to see this get some well needed support!

wah wah Guest

I sympathise with the cause..but why wait 29 years?/

3. The Following User Says Thank You to wah wah For This Useful Post:

W.S (22-03-14)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wah wah View Post
    I sympathise with the cause..but why wait 29 years?/
    I dont think they have been "waiting" 29 years but I'd imagine it would have something to do with the Police covering up for each other and everyone else doing the same, which has meant it has taken that length of time

5. The Following User Says Thank You to W.S For This Useful Post:

wah wah Guest

May i ask how you got that e-mail??..im a cynical fucker..im just wondering if their trying to ride on the back of the stephen lawrence fiasco...money..

..im very naieve/sorry for spelling...when it comes to the filth.. im from a small quiet town.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to wah wah For This Useful Post:

W.S (22-03-14)

Thanks

Yeh of course, I got sent the email via change.org as I'm on there mailing list. I'm guessing it just goes out to all the UK people on there lists

9. The Following User Says Thank You to W.S For This Useful Post:

wah wah Guest

OK..thanks..i won,t sign anything online..too para with my situation..hope they get justice..and the fuckers responsible get their come-uppence,,good luck

11. The Following User Says Thank You to wah wah For This Useful Post:

W.S (22-03-14)

Thanks

Just a little update I received.

Thank you for signing our petition to get justice for our mother Cherry Groce. It has meant so much to our family to have such huge support from the public.

This week we presented your signature, along with 130,000 others, to 10 Downing Street. We were joined by our MP Chuka Umunna who has been supporting us throughout this campaign.

After the delivery we found out that the Legal Aid Agency is reviewing our case and has referred our case to Lord Chancellor and Justice Minister Chris Grayling to make a decision.

This is a huge step forward. The Legal Aid Agency twice refused us legal aid but this petition has forced them to review the decision. The Lord Chancellor will have the final say and will base his decision on whether there is public-wide interest in this case. So it is more important than ever that we keep the petition growing.

Please forward the email below to your friends and family and ask them to sign the petition at www.change.org/justice4cherry

Thank you for your help. We have been fighting for justice for three decades and finally we are being heard. Let's keep it up.

Thank you,

Lee Lawrence
    Cherry's son

P.S. If you are on Twitter you can also tweet a message of support to the Ministry of Justice. Click here.

----- Email to forward to a friend -----

Hi,

I'm supporting the family of Cherry Groce in their campaign to get legal aid.

Their mother Cherry was shot and paralysed by a police officer in 1985. Her shooting sparked the Brixton riots. She died of her injuries in 2011. An inquest into her death will take place in June but the family's request for legal aid in order to represent themselves has been denied.

The case has been referred to Justice Minister Chris Grayling who will now decide if the case is in the public interest. The family just want answers for what happened to their mother.

Please help and sign the petition at: www.change.org/justice4cherry

Thank you!