Thread: urgent need advice work drug test going to be positive

Thanks

Default urgent need advice work drug test going to be positive

I have been a weed smoker 20 years on and off and its never caused me any problems in life

Well i work at a very health and safety uk company for 15 years and currenly still do , i have signed all the paper work for drug testing etc never heard of anyone being tested apart from someone in the north working in a office who was sacked for coke use so it got me thinking a few months back

Anyway i decided to stop smoking at the end of January this year so stopped , i also used a home made test to see how long it took to clean my system it took 3 weeks which is fast and i had smoked a every night in December and January nice strong weed around 20% thc

Anyway on Monday while at work someone came in and gave me a random test and 5 others nightmare it was a piss test on the night i tested myself at home and it was positive no surprise

The person taking the test said it will take a week for the results( i guess this Monday) so im shitting it anyway on Wednesday i told my manger who was very understanding and he said they will try to stick up for me and he asked if he wanted me to tell his manger who is high up its a large company so i said yes ,he said not to worry too much and that it may help that i got a lift to work this week and that im based in a office not on site using machines like most people who work for the company, he also said that it may help that i have told them and that i do my job well he asked if i told the person taking the test i said no but he said i can understand why i never but this may be the hard bit , but thinking back they only asked if ive taken any medication the last 2 week which i said ive only taken ibuprofen and vicks vapor stick, i was pleased my manger was understanding they also said not to tell anyone whats happened
    I am yet to hear back from my manager what happened with his manager so that's a little worry i know he was seeing him yesterday

I also told my manager it was just a smoke last saturday night with one of my mates but the weed was strong just a one off i said, but truth is i has smoked for 7 nights in a row and few joints each evening before this i had been clean since end of January

Also on the 11th February this year (remember i had just stopped smoking weed after a long time) i went to the doctors and told him i was depressed and i said for no reason he asked do i smoke weed i said no dont be silly and a few other questions etc and gave me some prozac anyway i only took one tablet(i relised after i got them i did not need them and it says caution driving reactions may be impaired which also put me off )( infact the 5-6 weeks i had off smoking weed i felt good but always did to when smoking it too) i still have the pack with the rest in and to be honest i was only feeling depressed for a few days before going and the next couple of days i felt ok and did all the time after so dont know if i can use this as i know im going to be called up for a meeting once the results come back should i not mention this? as dont want to open a can of worms plus i never told my boss this

any advice here would be fab am i going to get the sack as feel i am going too

what ever happens i wont be smoking weed again in my life

Also just done a home test on myself now and it the strip is showing 2 lines but the second line is very faint i do have a fast metabolism but guess the strip is now showing negitive

Also what ever happens i feel very unlucky but im now drug free

cheers

Thanks

I really don't know but wish you the best with it all. Crap that

TheKraken Guest

Start looking for a new job.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TheKraken For This Useful Post:

W.S (23-03-14)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,917 Times

Telling them the truth will have helped. If they threaten to sack you ask for a re test and tell them you will do one every week for as long as it takes for them to believe you are drug free.

That or look for another job.

Im so lucky not to be at risk with drug testing. Infact my boss bought me my last grow tent as I dont use bank accounts and is gonna get my 2 led panels for me too. And he doesnt smoke at all!!!

Thanks

cheers for the advice people
    aint had how back yet how long does this stuff usually take ????

Thanks

Sukid are you saying 6 month for pixs test? I know the hair focal can go way back. It takez me 39 day to pass one.

Easy Guest

My bro was tested a few months back , he stopped Smoken weed as soon as he found out . He had one of those detox drinks then got tested , the results come back inconclusive so the put him in for another test . Bout 4 weeks later he got testes again an passed with his own piss. He hadn't smoked in about two months

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sukid View Post
    Well it takes 6 months to be out off your system for a test not to react to it im a chemical analyst so i know this stuff

Jesus are you having a laugh? 6 months to pass a piss test is absolute rubbish.

I was a very heavy duty smoker and recently had to stop to pass a medical for the offshore industry,this is the second time I've done it and both times I've passed after 7 weeks and I smoked a LOT of weed.

Thanks

well still no news will be 2 weeks this monday

six weeks to get out of your system on a piss test no chance even if you were overweight etc

anyway i dont know what will happen here but im showing negitive on the test strips ive been doing at home now

Thanks

Good luck dude ... Hope all goes well