Thread: Legal Justification (Mitigation, actually) for Cultivating

Thanks

Default Legal Justification (Mitigation, actually) for Cultivating

When I am caught cultivating (and, in a long enough time frame, it is likely that EVERYONE will have a run in)
    I will attempt to mitigate my actions with certain rationales.
    Although it's never advisable to stand in front of a judge and attempt to justify breaking the law - putting the system on trial may work on telly but, in real life, it will annoy the lawyers and do you NO FAVOURS - mitigating your actions can help lessen the punishment given.

1. I don't 'abuse' cannabis, I self medicate.
    Even the most blinkered and heavy handed judiciary can no longer ignore the vast wealth of medical research that has shown how beneficial cannabis can be to sufferers of MANY different health issues.
    Choose a realistic condition, research it - and how cannabis helps - and that's a wonderful start to the mitigation of your crimes.
    "Necessity knows no laws" is a maxim that I wouldn't try to prove in an English court, but strongly hinting at the concept could be useful.
    For me personally I wouldn't have to 'choose a condition and research it' because I'd be telling the truth (which is always helpful but, surprisingly, not essential).

2. The reasons I grow my own are morally thought out and responsible.
    I grow my own because I do not want to associate with criminals and, often, cannabis is sold by the same people who offer 'hard' drugs, receive stolen goods or are involved with money lending.
    Unfortunately, the legal status of cannabis has led to much of its supply being controlled by these unscrupulous groups who think of nothing but the profit motive.
    The cannabis that is sold is often adulterated with other chemicals.
    I wish to ensure that my money does not contribute towards serious organised crime or terrorist funding.

So, basically, I'd say that the antiquated and arbitrary prohibition of cannabis prevented me from using the best (and least harmful) medicine available - despite several other nations accepting the benefits of this medicine.
    And that this prohibition had left me with the option of befriending criminals, ingesting unknown substances and financing some of the earths most intractable problems
    Or growing a few plants, at no consequence to any member of society, and providing myself with relief from illness.

I would have still broken the law - and no judge can allow that - but I would have shown my reasons were far from the selfish and nihilistic attitudes of many 'criminals'.

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to PontyGrower For This Useful Post:

bushgrower (09-04-14), C.K.Watt (10-04-14), Duke1 (09-04-14), KiefKat (09-04-14), W.S (09-04-14)

Thanks

well said.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,815 Times

wat about.i once bought some off a street dealer and it was laced with cristal meth,
    after that a swore I would never buy street weed,
    I hold down a good job,but need my weed at night to help my insomnia and depression.
    davo

5. The Following User Says Thank You to dynodave For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Nice one buddy,

Let us know how you get on mate good luck.