Thread: Newbie Grow!!!

Thanks

Default Newbie Grow!!!

Hello,
    I am completely new to growing and been wanting give it a go for long time so i thought that time was here now. I've been reading a lot about it recently (maybe to much) and seem to have complete information overload. I would like to keep a thread to get help and keep track of how my grow will progress from the beginning.

So first things first i need some seeds so would appreciate some help on picking the correct type for my needs.

I am in central uk, will be growing in a greenhouse and an outdoor plot aswell. For the greenhouse i will need a slightly stealth approach so a really smelly variety would not be good, would like the plant height not to exceed around 100cm, i would like to try auto and non-auto type to see which works best for me. The bigger the yield the better.

For the outdoor grow i would like something potent with a nice yield the size or smell of the plant wont matter.

The most important thing for both grows is that they are successful (or have atleast been given the best chance to be a success with my ability) so types which will perform in my climate is vital. Obviously a potent, high yield, successful outdoor/greenhouse uk grown by a complete newbie is optimistic so i will have to compromise on some aspects.

thanks i look forward to hearing your advice.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to kroni For This Useful Post:

Dave-Hester Guest

Welcome to the site buddie

You came to the right place to start growing!

There's a few good strains that are known to do well in the uk, a breeder called HYBRIDS FROM HELL are known to have a lot of great stuff for uk climate, also purple maroc will grow well as will a few other strains...

If you go into the homepage and click the banner to link you to herbies they have aload of seeds for sale there and you can look into just outdoor seeds or what ever...all the descriptions are there for you to find that perfect strain for you.

I grew a few plants outdoors last year with the help of a weed growing vet' named THE DUDE ABIDES check out a few of his grows....a dehumidifier for the green house will be a must!!

I had a few autos do well last year but I also had a few that didn't so it definitely comes down to choice of strain with these!!

I want to try auto Frisian dew from Dutch passion.

Good luck any way man, I'm subbing up to this and wish you the best of luck

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dave-Hester For This Useful Post:

kroni (13-04-14), THE DUDE ABIDES (14-04-14)

Thanks

Thanks, I was looking at HFH and thought the HASHPLANT2 might be a good bet, after doing a lot of searching around this name kept cropping up everywhere for a uk outdoors and had some great reviews. Just HFH seem to lack some info of the plants like size etc but they have some interesting ones for a gorilla grow. had a good look at herbies the other day but mostly it went in one ear and out of the other (got terrible memory). I will have another good look now.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to kroni For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Even tiny automatics smell, sorry to advise you. That would be my recommendation for stealth as they are easy hidden.

Thanks

not bothered about a bit of smell, just don't want something that has a real stench to it.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 7,965 Times

Quote Originally Posted by kroni View Post
    not bothered about a bit of smell, just don't want something that has a real stench to it.
    They all stink and have an aroma.
    With the government educating the public on what a grow looks and smells like you shouldn't risk it IMHO. Is your freedom worth the cost of a filter? I would say no.

Green mojos and good luck on your gardening adventure.
    *this is so addictive as well. Hehe

Thanks

I wasn't aware I could filter my greenhouse or backyard? I never expected to be able to grow something that doesn't smell at all, all i'm saying is some strains are known to have a real high level of odour so this would not be for me, I know there are a number of strains which are known to have reasonably low odour/or citrus fruity smell which would be more suitable for my situation. Not sure on the auto's for outdoors/greenhouse from what i've read they can be very likely to go mouldy?

Thanks

ok, I have a bit of change of plan, I can't really afford to get the seeds I wanted for my greenhouse grow so I decided I will be doing outside now, I may keep 1 plant in the green house but depends if I can keep it reasonably small and I have no idea if it will stink so I might have to abort that idea somewhere down the line. I have gone with HFH MONK for its outdoor potential. I have a few questions to get me started and would appreciate people views:
    after I germ would I be better to start them off in a window sill or in the greenhouse? move them inside at night? or put them out in the garden in the day to harden them up a bit?