Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: aqua farms or autopots

Thanks

Default aqua farms or autopots

Hi guys, I've been using aqua farm 45ltr pots for a few yrs now and getting good results. i use clay pebbles and do 4/6 pots in a 2.2 x 2.4m space. result on yield seems same whether do 4 or 6. my problem is just recently I've not been getting same results partly down to poor babies an mainly down to my ec rising like mad in my recirc tub. I've been thinking of using Coco in my farms instead of pebs has anyone any ideas on this or should i just sack these old farms off and get some autopot xl25ltr and start again?? I don't use airstones and wondered if it would be worth trying airstones in my farms one more time?

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,917 Times

Stick to pebbles but you may need new ones. Coco will fuck the farms up if it gets in the res.

Where you using different strains each time??

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyDave View Post
    Stick to pebbles but you may need new ones. Coco will fuck the farms up if it gets in the res.

Where you using different strains each time??
    Cheers for that dude, yeah been using diff strains had 14 a plant off pr1 and done chronic jaks pplant blue cheese etc obvious done better off indicas but struggled to get babies just recently so did super iced grape from seed not realising it was an 11 week flower i veged em too long still got ok results but nowt like i used to get. can't work out what im doin diff other than neglecting my res? what do u think to bobbing some airstones in there or maybe airdomes? cheers pal

Thanks

I used air stones in mine all the time. Different strains need different needs. If your EC keeps going up... drop it down lower then you strated. The plants are drinking more water then nutes. If they drop up it but only slightly until it stops dropping. Keep your eye on pH and check em every day, you should be right then.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to KrazyDave For This Useful Post:

deefer (16-04-14)

Thanks

When the EC went up.... did the pH drop to about 4 suddenly?

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KrazyDave For This Useful Post:

deefer (16-04-14), SMOKEYY92 (21-12-16)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyDave View Post
    When the EC went up.... did the pH drop to about 4 suddenly?
    I dint check ph pal i just threw the mix and made a new one, why what would that mean? also could u recommend decent airstones for farms pal. cheers

Thanks

Been doin abit of troubleshooting and the timer on the pump sticks on at times i usually have it on 15 mins every hour, do u think that could push the ec up? i get alot of salt on mi drip rings but always have

Thanks

Yeah it could or if EC rushes up n pH plummets it could be a sign of root problems. You really do need to get a pH meter for hydro grows.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to KrazyDave For This Useful Post:

Grandad (23-04-14)

Thanks

Ye got a ph meter pal got a wand just dint think to dip it in and check it wa still at 5.8, as soon as truncheon read off the chart i just wanged the grub an did a fresh mix. think I've been getting lazy lately pal and relying on dudes who don't know their stuff to do it for me. all I've been doin is a mix then goin really need to get things back to the way they we're in 03 i was much nearer the setup and much more involved joining this site an chatting with dudes like u and reading ur previous posts has got me buzzing about it again. shit dude i even stopped keeping a diary! got a bit big for mi boots pal lol

13. The Following User Says Thank You to deefer For This Useful Post:

KrazyDave (17-04-14)

Thanks

I did sort of the same in soil. Now I cant grow in soil without getting major mag deffs. Or coco for that matter. I love the control you have over hydro. 99.9% of the time, if the plant is lacking something, its because you havent put it in there!! Plus I feel like a mad scientist with all my chemicals and pipettes and measuring jugs and meters and shit lol

They dont call me Krazy for nowt lol

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KrazyDave For This Useful Post:

deefer (17-04-14)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast