Thread: RSO , extraction methods , bioavailability , contradiction and BS .. ?

Thanks

Default RSO , extraction methods , bioavailability , contradiction and BS .. ?

Ok, i'm going nutty with all this contradicting information on the web so i'm hoping we can put our heads together and make sense of it. First for reference, a pdf which many of you have already seen:

since i can't yet post links.. it from this site: cannabis-med.org .. and this pdf: en_2013_01_1.pdf

Next, info that I find contradicting and eye opening:

- Rick Simspon over and over has stated the importance of the many cannabinoids in cannabis
    .. many of which are killed off using the Naptha method

- Rick Simpson also states the importance of using several strains to make the oil
    .. this makes sense if you desire the sum attributes of the strains, but doesn't make sense in that the sum attributes come mostly from terpenes/phenols which are killed of using the Naptha method

- The high THC level (mostly only THC is even extracted) from the Naptha method, from what i have read leaves people feeling about the same as when people take Marinol
    .. an alternative method for extracting high levels of THC, and a pharmaceutic with only a high THC level, hm, don't very much like that correlation

- Lots of info on the net that i have seen, including from 'people in the know', calls for coconut oil as an alternative, which is supposedly much better than olive oil because its gets absorbed better in the liver
    .. cannabinoids are simply fat soluble as far as i know, and are absorbed in the intestinal tract, and are THEN passed via blood through the liver at which point the type of oil used makes no difference

- Many people are reporting excellent results using Ethanol for extraction and are using it to avoid the more dangerous solvents
    .. in the study above olive oil extracts more cannabinoids than even ethanol

So, i'm having a hard time not believing that Olive Oil is THE best method. Possibly use 1 to 1.5L of oil to 500grams of dry material, and then administer teaspoon doses 3 times daily.

Any thoughts on the points i've made peeps ??

2. The Following User Says Thank You to PsyCro For This Useful Post:

dave1 (31-12-14)

Thanks

hi a lot of your questions are covered in the new book by bud buddies jeff ditchfield and mel thomas its on amazon for sale and well reckomended good lucl

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 42,624 Times

So rick simpson pionered a new way of using an old substance, hash oil, to that we owe him some gratitude. But, more has been leand learned mostly by sick people trying to get well and less by scientific research. Hence conflicting information, after all if you used method X to save your son from a brain tumor you will swear by X method.

Coconut oil is recommended because it is medium chan fatty acid that is not processed in the liver and is therefore healthier for people who may have liver problems. For this reason it is superioir to olive oil, and on par with butter as an extraction means and somewhat behind glycerin.

Don't even think of marinol in the same class as cannabis the cannabinoids are synthisized from soybeans and has had a significantly reduced efficacy amoung cancer patients for symptom relief of chemo and radiation. I am also not aware of singal study showing a reduced risk of cancer in marinol, but more come to light with cannabis each year.

So what is the best extraction method? everclear consistently produces stronger shatter than other solvents. How well it extracts for rso has to do with the number of washes and length of washes. Short qwuick washes are more pure with less chloropyl and plant matter, but most rso makers go for quantitiy and go with long washes that make a dark product.

Here in Washington mmj users test their products at analytical 360 and you can read through different lab tests online and commpare sovent types and strength as well as solvent residue from different extraction methods.

There are also solventless methods being employed that produce a clear pure product. These are expensive and comercial in nature, but available in Washington.
    Last edited by Jingo; 01-01-15 at 01:38 AM.
    "If science can't be questioned, It's not science anymore"

~Aaron Rogers

"This is not an economic turndown, it is a takedown"

~ Catherin Austin Fitts