Thread: burnt cola tops

Thanks

Default burnt cola tops

Im 3 weeks into true flower, and my tallest plant has some leaf burn to the top cola. Should i trim the burned leaves now? or let it eat. I raised the light and super cropped the tall girl so this issue should not happen again. But what should i do ,trim burns or leave em to fester?

TheKraken Guest

Chop them off mate, DZ is bang on, you want them to make buds not try and repair dead leaves.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TheKraken For This Useful Post:

cannabis_lector (24-04-14)

Thanks

Thanks guy's thats exactly what i thought. Whenever my leaves get a bit burn't either cfl's too close or nute burn i usually snip em. But those are fan leaves . This time i burnt the Bud, and not in the good way .
    I noticed the bud head has already turned up so she's still kickin.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cannabis_lector For This Useful Post:

TheKraken Guest

Quote Originally Posted by cannabis_lector View Post
    Thanks guy's thats exactly what i thought. Whenever my leaves get a bit burn't either cfl's too close or nute burn i usually snip em. But those are fan leaves . This time i burnt the Bud, and not in the good way .
    I noticed the bud head has already turned up so she's still kickin.
    I burnt the shit out of a Krippleberry kola on my last grow, I let them crack on and just cut the crispy bit out and left the rest to dry as normal.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to TheKraken For This Useful Post:

mellowed Guest

Don't chop it out mate. Remove the effected fan leaves but leave anything else.
    The surrounding buds will swell massively to compensate. Looks weird but it won't actually harm the harvest.....of anything it will add slightly to it.

I've done it a fair few times an it aways swells up double the size of the others on the plant. It goes into a sort of hyper mode lol

9. The Following User Says Thank You to mellowed For This Useful Post:

Dr Plough (24-04-14)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mellowed View Post
    Don't chop it out mate. Remove the effected fan leaves but leave anything else.
    The surrounding buds will swell massively to compensate. Looks weird but it won't actually harm the harvest.....of anything it will add slightly to it.

I've done it a fair few times an it aways swells up double the size of the others on the plant. It goes into a sort of hyper mode lol
    na man no way in heck would i cut her down, i just snip the burnt parts. I just needed reassurance. Like Double Z said, no sence in letting her try and fix whats dead, just make BUD!
    I only removed the crispy parts if it's green it stayed. This fire is under control now.

Heck while were on my thread, i am seeing some magnesium deffiency should i folliar feed epson salts or just feed epson on the next watering. Which is gonna be friday. My tops have the whiting of leaves. The lower of the plants are still dark green but sugar leaves have the tell tale mag def.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,815 Times

There some good answer there me pal,my only worrie would be,burnt bud mite turn mouldy,
    only a thought,

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,924 Times

I'm will mellowed here , leave the bud . It grows mutant but massive it'll probably be the biggest bud you have , iv contemplated burning the lot slightly lol . First top I burned I left it and it grew 2 heads around the burnt spot was huge man !!

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dr Plough For This Useful Post:

cannabis_lector (25-04-14), dynodave (24-04-14)