Thread: First time auto grower looking for a little advice please

Thanks

Default First time auto grower looking for a little advice please

Hi

I recently started growing for the first time in a long time. So coming back to this I thought of trying out the gate with an auto flowerer as I had heard so much about it. The breed I am currently growing is Auto Northern Lights

what I would like to know is, how am I doing basically.

I have the temp around 27 degrees with a humidity in the range or 55-65% under a 600W HPS lamp in a grow tent 1.2*1.2 with carbon filter for the smell and 3 small fans for circulation and humidity control. Air circulation is good, but I am worried they are a little small. I currently have the light 48 cms above the top canopy

Its only been three weeks since I first wet the seeds, so maybe I am worrying too much, but I see signs of sexing already, yes I bought feminised seeds, and the signs are all females.

I will post some pics for you to see, applogies for the "strobing" effect on the pics, the camera phone doesnt seem to like the bulbs effects lol.. the plants are a lush green and look extremly well shaped, other than my "runt of the litter" but that one will be obvious.

anyway, let me know what you think, any advice will be greatfully received

thanks

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Desperado For This Useful Post:

Boogieman (28-04-14), THE DUDE ABIDES (27-04-14)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 11,979 Times

Hi Desperado and welcome to the forum. Plants look fine to me amigo, autos don't like being re potted are you going to finish them in those pots?

Whereabouts in France are you? I'm in Normandy from next week and can't wait to get my grow going.

All good things
    TDA

Thanks

Hi there TDA and thanks for the welcome and comments. Yeah those pots are 27 cms deep and 25 cms wide at the top.. so theyre pretty much what I was expecting to finish the grow with. After this cycle when I will grow a few more I will only be able to fit 16 plants max in the grow tent in those size pots.

Im in the Aquitaine, have been now for 12 years

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Desperado For This Useful Post:

THE DUDE ABIDES (27-04-14)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Desperado View Post
    Hi there TDA and thanks for the welcome and comments. Yeah those pots are 27 cms deep and 25 cms wide at the top.. so theyre pretty much what I was expecting to finish the grow with. After this cycle when I will grow a few more I will only be able to fit 16 plants max in the grow tent in those size pots.

Im in the Aquitaine, have been now for 12 years
    Good stuff mon ami, there is a 10 plant rule on this forum so best to only mention or take pics of 10 or less.

Pots should be big enough, best of luck with your grow.

All good things
    TDA

Thanks

ah ok thanks for that, did not know that, will keep that in mind, my grow is purely for personal use. Where I live finding a decent , regular way of getting something of quality to smoke has been near impossible. And its the knowing that it was me, that grew the plants, where I can choose what strains I like personally too. Yeah I am looking forward to learning this art much more.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Desperado For This Useful Post:

THE DUDE ABIDES (29-04-14)

Thanks

Default A small update

wow what a difference a couple of days can make.. slightly moved things around to give better light coverage for all of the plants but here are some pics to take a look at, once again, sorry for the pic quality but everything is a lush green and the smell, when you open that flap at the front first thing as the lights come on... yeah Im glad I spent that little extra for a decent carbon filter

one question.. we are now well in to week three.. I still see that the plants have growth in them, I am seeing signs of female sexing hairs, Ive recently changed my lighting from 18-6 to 16-8, going to take it to a 12-12 cycle eventually over the next week, gradually. when is it that I should switch from growth neuts to flowering neuts.. now? or in a week from now?

anyway, any advice or comments would be greatfully received

thanks

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Desperado For This Useful Post:

THE DUDE ABIDES (29-04-14)

Thanks

Hi Desp, plants looking fine and dandy. With autos you do not need to change the light cycle to 12/12 to get them to flower.

You want as much light as possible to maximise yield, so leave them on 18/6. Some folk grow them on 24/0 or 20/4 but 18/6 should be OK.

All good things
    TDA

Thanks

Hi TDA,

yeah I have read so much about the lighting arguement, it seems to me that some people prefer one way and some the other.. I was reading one write up yesterday that had a pretty convincing arguement for more "night time" due to this giving the plants time to grow during that night time phase, showing more returns on his harvest weight with the longer night time than the shorter.
    Now my thinking was that, from my understanding, extending the dark periods would at worst mean that the grow cycle will be slightly longer, due to needing "x" amount of light hours for a plant to reach full maturity. If by extending the cycle one or two weeks I can increase the yeild by a noticeable amount, that is what I am looking at. Is that possible with the change in light hours, thats the question I suppose lol

Thanks

ok so I have posted some more photos to update things.. its now coming in to the 4th week from seed.. the babies are not so much babies anymore with them getting between 27 cms for the tallest one down to my "runt of the litter" down on a 18cms (kinda worried about this one, but dont know if I should be, Ill explain more in a bit..

anyway. looking at the plants they are very "leafy", making me think, will the lower branches get enough light to them. Is there anything I need to do, like any prunning (does that even help).

I am about to switch over from growth neuts to flowering neuts, either today or tomorrow. (I dont think this is too early, am I wrong?)

Back to my "runt of the litter", shes growing all the branches, growing all the leaves, no curling up on the blades since I first noticed it over a week ago, but still is far from keeping up on the height of the others. Is there anything I can do to encourage this one to catch up? or is it just a case of "leave it and wait and see"?

anyway, as always, any advice or help is always welcome

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Desperado For This Useful Post:

Boogieman (01-05-14)