Thread: Are these ready??

Thanks

Default Are these ready??

Hi

Its my first grow and I'm getting a little worried as I've read the plant degrades when the trics go amber and TBH i was waiting for that to harvest (easy to see) not knowing the score.

I've not got access to a scope or anything to look easily at the buds but was wondering if its obvious when they go cloudy? TBH I can't remember what they looked like before now they look all cystals look cloudy and the plant looks like it has a white dust sprinkle.

here are some pics

I was thinking of keeping the lights off tomorrow and cutting down in the evening?

Should I wait ?

blurry-vision Guest

I'd say that plant still has a bit to go maybe 1-2 weeks hard to tell exactly pics are not 100% clear but their does not seem to be many orange/red pistils, most people chop when they have a good 80-90% orange/red pistils thats the guide I use... I never look at trics, dn't even have a scope, I just go by how many orange/red pistils there are. As soon as it's 80-90% of them, I chop.

Not saying that's the best way, it is just the method I use.

Thanks

What strain, how many days in flower?

The Calyx's looks alittle stringy yet to be cutting. IMO your looking at about 2 more weeks on the short side. The plant still has atleast one more swell in it before she's prime.

Yes the new method is using a scope. but if you absolutly do not have access then your better off just using the old school method of determining when they are ready.

The Old School method is just reading the "hairs" or calyx's. when 50-70% brown/red your in a good position to start thinking about harvesting.

Save yourself the guess work and buy a 30x or a 60-100x scope from greens or a local hydro store, but for now reading the hairs will help you.

IMO as I stated they are defo not ready to be plucked yet. They hairs are all green and white still. Defo atleast 2 more weeks.

I know what your goin through though... The anticipation. The over-whelming need to want to get your hands dirty. But if you don't wait you'll be dissappointed. You've waited this long, just wait alittle longer and the ride will be well worth it. If your cheap out and give in now, your gonna be sad.

Thanks

Cheers for the replys you've put my mind at rest after I read about them degrading and all that I was worried.

I'll give them a while longer

and yes I can't wait to get my hands on them

Thanks

hi sorry to hyjack but is the pistils, calyx's and trics 3 diffrent things you should be looking at?
    ui no the trics is the resin which should be half cloudy and halfambere b4 cutting down? is the calyx and pistils just the names of the part of the plant the trics is on most?
    cheers

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by stone14 View Post
    hi sorry to hyjack but is the pistils, calyx's and trics 3 diffrent things you should be looking at?
    ui no the trics is the resin which should be half cloudy and halfambere b4 cutting down? is the calyx and pistils just the names of the part of the plant the trics is on most?
    cheers

So The calyx is the seed chamber(womb), that swells when fruiting the plant. The Pistols are the Pollen catchers and the Trichoms are the resine crystals excreted by the plants outer membrane

Basically to keep this simple (not that you can't understand just that I dont want to get technical and type that much)

The stalk of the Trichome contains the building blocks of the trichome head (which is where the medicine is located) The stalk excretes a gooey mixture that creates the trichome head and then light concentrates within the trichome head because of it's structure and composition (like magnifying glass). The light acts as a catylist, the light that we take for granted is comprised of many different elements including numerous spectrums and several varieties of light it's self. UV-A UV-B Infared, so these all concentrate and create different elements of the trichome head. Some believe the UVB concentrates in the head and reacts to create THC which coats the out most layer of the trichome head to protect the plant from Sun Burn and from Mutatuing UVB light spectrums. I believe this theory correct for several reasons but the main reason is because trichoms are produced most near the calyx's which is where the seeds mature and thus is where the future generations DNA is most vulnerable. However Trichome's are found everywhere on the plant that is exposed to light in varing quantities. Also there is speculation that Cannabis Sativa and Indica were evolved in South Central Asia where the UVB concentrations are much higher because of the altitude and mountainous terrain. While what we call Cannabis-Hemp was elvolved apparently is Northern Asia where it is consistantly more flat (apparently).