Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Grow in a garage in the north east of England

Thanks

Default Grow in a garage in the north east of England

Hi guys am looking to do a grow of my own and although my new house has adequate space my GF is having none of it in the house :@
    Any way I have a garage connected to the house and I am thinking about putting it in there although I don't know the official sizes as I am not in the new house yet it's a decent at least 30m2 floor space although not sure on head height.

I know temps are a major issue but I will deal with that when the time comes my initial dilemma is the actual room set up, do I buy a tent and just use that or build a proper little room within the garage ??

Obviously security is a must being a garage just wondering what steps are a must in a garage grow set aside the obvious insulation ect ect, and if there is any one doing or has done it have they got any pointers ?
    Thanks in advance guys/gals

Thanks

i am moving into a new house also in the next 6 weeks, and again was going to do a garage grow but 3/4s of it has been turned into a utility room which the wife loves, so the idea of a garage grow room for me is a no no , gutted about it to be honest, but hey oh , onwards and UPWARDS for me , attic grow it is lol
    gonna get myself a new tent and a new led panel to boot , just been looking at seeds getting excited now lol

all i would say about a garage grow is you need to get yourself set up and do a test run to check temps, lights out temps to be precise you dont want it dropping really cold.

paul

3. The Following User Says Thank You to paul_sheff For This Useful Post:

red_aye (11-05-14)

Thanks

That's what the original owners have done made some of it a utility space for dryer ect a honestly don't know the exact size but I am sure it's big enough for a decent space.
    Yes trial runs souf good to check the temps ideally need it to snow so I can make it melt proof lol

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 17,323 Times

Im currently makin a room in my garage mate and studded the walls with 50mm deep lengths of timber,insulated walls and ceiling with 50mm celotex then boarded over that with 18mm mdf

Have fun pal

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jesse Pinkman For This Useful Post:

Dutchcourage (01-08-16), M_C (28-11-16), Wutang22 (28-11-16)

Thanks

how much u spent on building it matey if ya dont mind is asking ?
    the price of celotex!!! lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesse Pinkman View Post
    Im currently makin a room in my garage mate and studded the walls with 50mm deep lengths of timber,insulated walls and ceiling with 50mm celotex then boarded over that with 18mm mdf

Have fun pal

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,170 Times

If you're growing in a garage, and still going to use the garage I'd studd wall it so when your garage door is open, it doesn't look any different to prying eyes.
    My Wonderful world of mystery —> https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-for...rld-of-mystery

If I or anyone else has answered your question in the growing questions and answers section please mark it as "Answered". It helps keep the forum tidy!

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SyRaX For This Useful Post:

Dutchcourage (01-08-16), M_C (28-11-16)

Thanks

that grow room looks the bollox jessie

11. The Following User Says Thank You to paul_sheff For This Useful Post:

Jesse Pinkman (16-06-14)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SyRaX View Post
    If you're growing in a garage, and still going to use the garage I'd studd wall it so when your garage door is open, it doesn't look any different to prying eyes.
    nah mate its gonna be in the loft now but i am struggling with extraction for two rooms i have asked if any members have had this problem or would even work here but still waiting for replies lol
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...sed-setup-work

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 17,323 Times

Quote Originally Posted by red_aye View Post
    how much u spent on building it matey if ya dont mind is asking ?
    the price of celotex!!! lol
    Course not pal. Not that much realy, studds cost me about £25 and celotex pannels of 50mm x 1200mm x 2400 was on special @ £19.99 other month at wickes so snapped a few up and got 7x mdf sheets of 18mm x 2400mm x 1200 cost just under £250 to stud,pannel and insulate it all.

I threw up a false wall and door insulated that before i insulated and panneld inside groom, gonna paint it all same colour when i get round to it so it blends in abit more.

Inside view of groom before insulating:

I plan on using my garage in summer and loft in winter

Thanks

Default Hey

Hi Mr. Garage grower, how is your build going? I am think on the same lines myself in a single block was shed. Just cleaned & gutter ed she out was thinking of using 2x2 for wooden stud, 50mm celotex 8x4 boards & 12mm ply sheets. Something similar to yours by the looks of things. Did you put any insulation roll in between the studding or is this necessary? How did u vent for extraction fans etc, what size fans & carbon filter did you Use? What size Room did you do in garage space? Any more pic's? Thanks. Happy safe growing.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast