Thread: diy d'n'f black paint

Thanks

Default diy d'n'f black paint

im need to spray my d'n'f system with black paint to stop algie. what paint can i use? since the system is going to be wet all the time i need a good waterproof 1 so it wont come off and mix with the water etc. dont want chemicals going into my plants.

Thanks

cant you just spray the outside ?
    Quote Originally Posted by wert View Post
    i wonder if it will leave you a note ''dear john.....'' when it trundles off to the neighbors house that is growing with a 600w light instead of your 400w.........sneaky little ..........
    Fathers nearly silent fan and fillter modClick here

Thanks

dono i was just told to spray it black and assumed i needed to do inside aswell? do u just need to do the outside? that would be better

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by stone14 View Post
    dono i was just told to spray it black and assumed i needed to do inside aswell? do u just need to do the outside? that would be better
    Well if the box is clear then yea spray the outside black to help sto alge ect but leave a small stip mabe an inch up the side so you can check the water level just put a bit of masking tape on it and spray it then once its dry remove the tape

Thanks

ok cheers ppl

Thanks

My personal experience with (black) paint on smooth plastic buckets is that the paint crumbles off really easily and therefore like to use gaffa tape to make the bucket lightproof.
    Some people using the reflecting metal coloured tape, it makes them look really from out of space! =)
    Give it a shot and see what you think and how it works for you with paint, the good thing is if doesn’t work for you, you can always put gaffa tape on top of it.

Thanks

Sorry for the double post but my 5 minutes were up!

Please don't paint the inside also that may get very messy, just make sure that the light don't penetrate from the outside in.