Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Any fellow schizophrenics out there?

Thanks

Outlaw I have to disagree.Schizophrenia is nothing like psychopathy.This is the myth that the media would have you believe.It bares no resemblance to the truth.As a schizophrenic myself I know that statistically I am far more likely to be the victim of violence than the perpetrator.And I constantly analyse my actions in a way that a psychopath never would.They are not similar conditions imo.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to justrelaxing For This Useful Post:

erbie (26-05-14), lostorstolen (27-09-16)

Thanks

am not full psychopath but enough to know there is a big difference to that and schizo. i once bumped into an old mate who was schizo, i did lots of acid trips to know its where his head was, he was outside the hospital so he could have had medication.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to billybud2 For This Useful Post:

justrelaxing (19-05-14), lostorstolen (27-09-16)

Thanks

Its dangerous to believe what the media would have you believe.Lets not forget that the media in the UK would have you believe that cannabis causes schizophrenia.And the CPN'S and psychiatrists believe this as bible truth.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to justrelaxing For This Useful Post:

lostorstolen (27-09-16)

Thanks

i was middle aged before i realised i had mental problems, i knew my norm was different than the masses, but its just my norm.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to billybud2 For This Useful Post:

lostorstolen (27-09-16)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by justrelaxing View Post
    Outlaw I have to disagree.Schizophrenia is nothing like psychopathy.
    Sorry if I pissed you off justrelaxing, I didn't mean to, please accept my apologies.

I haven't read anything on the psych for ages, as I moved on to
    a different subject ages ago and didn't want to return to the
    study of the psych, or the illusive all healing self.

I used to live downstairs from a fellow with a diagnosis of schizophrenia.
    He said he acquired his illness from a punch to the head, where he felt
    a bubble go, 'pshh', lol or so he informed me. A real nice fellow with
    the usual reading and writing or learning disabilities. I often heard him
    talking to himself in a reassuring kind of way, yet the chaos and
    uncertainty of life offered him no rest from more bouts of sorrow,
    sadness and being easily upset where he almost cried! He wasn't the
    paranoid type, yet I did see him showing a kind of angry paranoia once,
    whilst he blamed me for something that just never happened! He was
    a gentle, nosy, middle aged man, who would rather do you a favor than
    a mischief.

I've met a few psycho's in real life and managed to stay on the right
    side of them. Knife using, slashing, angry types that explode with violence
    if provoked a little! I also think of the victims of these types as
    their lives were cut short prematurely, yet psychopath wasn't mentioned
    during their trial! Personality disorder is a common description for the courts.

Psychopaths are to be linked with the likes of Ian Brady who, even after
    decades of game playing, still gets a laugh out of making his victims family
    suffer some more. A conscience is something they either don't have or is
    undeveloped and they have a tendency to play wicked, be cunning, calculating,
    etc. There is a list of psychopathic types, yet the diagnosis is different as
    you go from country to country. Britain favors the personality disorder, reserving
    the diagnosis of psychopath for the more serious or deserving offender.

Chaos of the mind is something that links all of the above, yet quite how one is
    to successfully find an answer to the chaos is something I tried to understand,
    yet failed! Hence I moved on to another subject without finding the answer. I
    think I formed an opinion that each and every ones chaos is particular to them
    and individual psychotherapy is the answer to the patients psychological trauma.

I hope I've shed a little light onto the subject of psychological chaos and haven't
    offended anybody. I'm not an expert in the field, nor do I have any qualifications
    to add any academic value to what I've just written. When I begin researching, I
    just can't give in until something makes some kind of eventual sense, rather than
    nonsense. If you've formed the opinion that OUTLAW is as mad as a hatter, then
    you've hit the nail on the head. Congratulations and welcome to the club. Your
    membership card and details are on their way.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Outlaw#1 For This Useful Post:

lostorstolen (27-09-16)

Thanks

I was on antipsychotics, too. ( risperdal and seroquel ).

After one year i stopped, because too much sideeffects.
    When i was on it, i didn´t like smoking weed anymore, my mind felt confused and that made me depressed.

After stopping neuroleptika, i started smoking weed again. At the beginning it was confused, but after some weeks my mind seemd to become normal again. But i decided, not to smoke everyday, because this would not be good for me. I trie to make at least one day break a week.
    Good for my tolrance and my mind.

I think you got to decide for yourself.
    When you want to stop the medication, i already did that and for me it worked.
    If this would not work, you could start again with this medicine.

I think stopping the antidepressants would not be the problem and is not that necessary.

The only problem would be the neuroleptika, i heard it has to tapped.
    I did that with seroquel, after i told my psychiatrist, that i don´t want to live with these downers.
    Between some weeks i was down from 200-100-50-0. Definately talk to your doctor.

I think when something will disturb your weed effect, it could be the neuroleptika.

I´m happy, that i made it. Still got problems, but my mind and my weed effect became much better over the years.

At the beginning i was smoking weed and drinking alcohol sometimes, but this sucks.

Now i vape tobacco instead of drinking alcohol, and after that the weed feels much better.

When you test it and it is not good or even horrible, than i would not do it very often.
    May be antipsychotics and weed isn´t a good choice. Millions stopped using nl, but some might need it, because too much trouble, i don´t know.

When you get a bad or confused weed effect, youu could say

it is only weed
    the "bad trip" should be much shorter and less confused ( compared to lsd ).
    if you don´t like it, you don´t have to do it ( problems, cost,... ).
    you are lost in mental problems, anyway.

Even at my most confused times, on rsiperdal and alcohol, where i could´n smoke anymore,
    when i tried it, was horrible, but after 1/2 to 2 hours i felt better and clearer again, nearly normal.

I found kind of homöopaethic alternative to neuroleptika, it´s called neurexan.
    I use it all 48 hours, but i will stop in in some weeks, and see if my nerves are better now. It really coveres the nerves, still no sideeffects. No recipe, only passionflower, oat, coffea. Drugstore in germany.
    Last edited by frenk136; 22-05-14 at 08:23 AM.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to frenk136 For This Useful Post:

lostorstolen (27-09-16)

Thanks

Thanks for your post outlaw.Sorry I wasnt offended by anything you had to say.I'm not offended easily and I always like people to speak their mind.Reallycits ok.I will respond properly to your post and frank's when I get some more time.Thanks again.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to justrelaxing For This Useful Post:

lostorstolen (27-09-16)

Thanks

i am just the opposite, i get offended very easily, i have stupid triggers. is for this reason i try to stay away from people, is better to be lonely than angry, i have never been diagnosed with anything so i have never medicated apart from cannabis. i have a feeling mid chest waiting to explode, cannabis calms it until the someone hits my switch, on the internet i have time to back off, outside i attack people verbally, is very embarrassing and stressful.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to billybud2 For This Useful Post:

lostorstolen (27-09-16)

Thanks
    Thanked 2 Times

Default fellow nut case here!

Hi, I've recently been coming to terms and dealing with my increasingly worsening schizophrenia, I previously smoked weed in high school and although the drug itself isn't really that bad if you control yourself, I got involved with some nasty people and didn't really enjoy the experience, since then I've decided to start growing my own, avoiding the nasty drug dealers and supplying myself with some safe herb, from my recent experiences I would say, if you're at all affected by schizophrenia, schizoid symptoms, bipolar or any kind of severe anxiety disorder, stick to indica dominant strains and steer clear of sativa dominant strains. The mental high sativa strains can give you tends to mess with your head more, and if you're prone to schizophrenic or depressive symptoms it can be harder to keep your symptoms under control and can be quite stressful and upsetting, however, indica strains cause more of a body stone, which is relaxing, calms your nerves and can help you damp down your symptoms and enjoy yourself more. However, never ever look to cannabis as a consistent medical treatment for mental illness, or any drug for that matter, be it prescripted or illegal.

That's just my thoughts,
    Hope the rest of you nut cases out there are doing okay, if not, give me s message, I'm happy to have a few reassuring words

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stevenstealth For This Useful Post:

lostorstolen (27-09-16), Outlaw#1 (17-06-14)

Thanks

I don't want to teach an old lady to suck eggs so forgive me if that's the case...

Most cases of schizophrenia are apparently due to environment, and by far the largest group of sufferers are country folk who move to cities, but it can affect anyone who changes or has their environment changed drastically in any way. Environment can be physical or emotional. I'm a long term traveler living in a world of strange languages that I can't communicate very well in, I spend a lot of time on my own with strange people in strange places and in my own mind. I can sympathise, if not entirely relate.

Choose the right plant carefully, my last grow was a while ago now but I grew 3 strains - Black Jack, SAD, and Swiss Bliss. The BJ comatosed me, the SAD sparked off the chattering monkeys in full effect but the Swiss Bliss was perfect (very difficult to find the seeds now tho). These days most weed fucks me up, trips me out too much. I'm in my late 30s, been smoking 20+ years and good Moroccan hash is pretty much the only thing I feel comfortable with these days. Grow in soil, pure organic, flush well and dry and cure properly. Use natural sunlight if possible.

Cheers bud, maybe there's a new way to suck an egg in there somewhere!

20. The Following User Says Thank You to The Professor For This Useful Post:

lostorstolen (27-09-16)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast