Thread: 600w (airpot) think different and Afghan Kush Ryder grow (1st time)

Thanks

Default 600w (airpot) think different and Afghan Kush Ryder grow (1st time)

hey guys this is a journal of my first ever grow, as the title says it will be think different and afghan kush ryder in a 1.2 x 2 metre tent under a 600w HPS bulb in 15 litre air pots.
    i will add pictures if there is interest form you guys in seeing them and helping me, if people really would like to help me and be apart of this i will definately repay that with constant updates and pictures, right now im just testing the water
    i have some questions

1) right now they are 8 days old looking great for the most part, when should i start using nutes (grow/bloom)
    2) im using tap water that definately has chlorine in it so i have been resting the water over night for 8-10 hours to helpo is dissolve is that doing enough or should i start buying 5 litre bottles of bottled water?

i hope you guys are interested in being apart of this if so its gonna be great for me, looking forward to hearing from you guys

Max

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to max187 For This Useful Post:

Bud Lightyear (28-05-14), Grandad (28-05-14), Zip (28-05-14)

Thanks

22 views and no comments :P come on guys dont be shy lol i dont bite

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 6,865 Times

hi max hope your well , look at the first post in my diary mate and copy it and stick down all your details of equipment , medium , nutes etc

this will help us help you mate

1 , useing coco feed . useing soil dont feed , see need info , lol

2 , yip i leave my water out over night to let the chlorine dissapate and get the water to room temp

good luck with your grow Max and will help if i can , oh pics always helps as well

Thanks

good idea Zip here you go

Tent = 1.2 x 1.2 x 2.0m tall
    Shade = vented hood (6"inch)
    Lights = 600w HPS
    Fan = 6"inch can fan (DIY silenced)
    Carbon Filter = PrimaKlima 200mm carbon filter
    Medium = plagron royalty mix and plagron seeding and cutting soil (first few inches on top of airpots is seeding soil with low ec etc for young plants) (royalty mix has 6 weeks of nutrients included in the soil)
    Nutrients = Terra Vega and Terra Flores
    Pots = 15 litre airpots

one problem i noticed is that my fan is so strong that when its night time and the light is still on due to my 24/0 schedule my tent temps hit 19 celsius, during the day they max out at 24 celsius and i have no problems with humidity, is there any DIY ways for me to add a couple degrees temp to the tent at night? i tried using a fan controller at night to slow down extraction from the hood but the buzz was far too loud.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to max187 For This Useful Post:

Zip (28-05-14)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 19,245 Times

those cheap fan controllers(light dimmers) are shite, the proper ones don't hum at all mate.

as for feeding, new soil has about 3 weeks food in it, so no feeding required to week 4 in soil(if you don't pot up). and if you are potting up regulary none should be needed until flower.

get a diary going so we can all see your progress.
    Grandad's 40 ounces the easy way(2 plants) critical & ice (aqua farm scrogging)https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...tical-and-ice)
    Beginners guide to aqua/water farming with DWC upgrade https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...-Water-farming
    critical and white diesel rdwc https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...Diesel)/page23

FORUM RULES............ please read https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...ules-And-Facts!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Grandad For This Useful Post:

Zip (28-05-14)

Thanks

thanks for the reply grandad huge fan of your grows, the controller i bought was from greens and cost about £60 pounds ha i thought it was a good one, im going to be starting a proper detailed diary as soon as i get my camera sorted, im looking forward to it

Thanks

im trying to upload pics but the installer is saying its failing anyone know how to help?

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 79,865 Times

Quote Originally Posted by max187 View Post
    im trying to upload pics but the installer is saying its failing anyone know how to help?
    Check the file size, they need to be 2mb or below..Just resize them if need be...Good luck with the grow dude

Regards BL