Thread: Does this 12 day old seedling sound healthy?

Thanks

Default Does this 12 day old seedling sound healthy?

Hi all, this seedling has been sprouted for 12 days, and it hasn't really grown much since around day six. It's in just soil, no perlite or anything, I think I may have drowned it due to not great draining. It currently has two sets of leaves, the second pair are tiny though. The first pair are a decent size I think but are drooping downwards. There are also faint red/purplish marks around the edges of the leaves. I will get a picture up asap. This is my first grow and I hope I haven't messed up this early

Thanks

Pictures would be great.

Thanks

Ok here are some pics, I put a standard apple headphone next to is as a scale reference. It seems tiny and undeveloped compared to most 13 day old seedlings I've seen

Thanks

Does seem small from what ive seen, I had a similar problem it was over watering it didn't kill them just stopped them growing
    Using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 59,501 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Murkerrr View Post
    Hi all, this seedling has been sprouted for 12 days, and it hasn't really grown much since around day six. It's in just soil, no perlite or anything, I think I may have drowned it due to not great draining. It currently has two sets of leaves, the second pair are tiny though. The first pair are a decent size I think but are drooping downwards. There are also faint red/purplish marks around the edges of the leaves. I will get a picture up asap. This is my first grow and I hope I haven't messed up this early
    Hey Murkerrr.
    Heres how one of my current plants lookd at 12 days old.

Day she sprouted through soil.

And exactly 12 days later...

So its obviously growing slow...if any at all. It could well be caused by the soils poor drainage and aireation. Little thing might be suffocating.
    What soil are you using?
    What light u got it under?
    N whats the temps n humidity?

Hopefully someone can help u out m8.
    Good luck.

Thanks

Wish mine looked that good at 3 weeks let alone 12 days !
    Overwatering is common problem. My mother always told me make the roots search out water. She never grew any happy stuff I hasten to add .

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RASTA FAE GLESGA View Post
    Hey Murkerrr.
    Heres how one of my current plants lookd at 12 days old.

Day she sprouted through soil.

And exactly 12 days later...

So its obviously growing slow...if any at all. It could well be caused by the soils poor drainage and aireation. Little thing might be suffocating.
    What soil are you using?
    What light u got it under?
    N whats the temps n humidity?

Hopefully someone can help u out m8.
    Good luck.
    what have you been feeding yours? I didn't even get close to that good of growth at 12 days.. what light do you have?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to gohtee For This Useful Post:

RASTA (30-05-14)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 59,501 Times

Quote Originally Posted by gohtee View Post
    what have you been feeding yours? I didn't even get close to that good of growth at 12 days.. what light do you have?
    It wasnt being fed anything at that point m8. Just plain water as it was in biobizz allmix. It was under a 125w blue cfl along with two other plants which didnt cope too well in the allmix.
    Heres the link to diary if u want a read....its no the best of grows tbh lol.

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...d.php?t=115474