Thread: Who's just using base nutes & nothing else?

Thanks

Default Who's just using base nutes & nothing else?

Am now on my 5th soil grow & things are good. I've stuck with the same genetics for the past 3 grows (serious white russian) so i can see as best i can what the plants need. I think ive got my room dialed in pretty well now as well as good environment is everything. I've just been using basic nutes - plant magic hard water grow & bloom with good results.

Now, i know it's an age old question & there are all sorts of different opinions flying around but what do you think, should i start using some sort of booster like big bud or sumit ? Or, is it all just complete bollox & not needed at all. Who has tried with/without on the same strain, side by side or whatever, where is the hard evidence at ?

thanks

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Dupe For This Useful Post:

PJR71 (07-06-14)

Thanks

There's a member here from the valleys that only uses Tomerite, his plants are special.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Agent of Asgard For This Useful Post:

Dupe (08-06-14)

Thanks

Me lol use plant magic old timers just 2 bottles , I've done the full big bud / bud blood / overdrive ect and my crop is better now because of experience not chems

6. The Following User Says Thank You to glenn For This Useful Post:

Dupe (08-06-14)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 32,237 Times

I only use base nutes as well but one thing I add is pk 13/14 only other booster I use and have used for many years
    Get great results and dont think another booster would really make a diff

sig by ganjaholic

current grow a multi strain bonanza perp run
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...d.php?t=129609

[cheisel the one kilo plant
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...ad.php?t=99634complete
    kali snapple mother treehttps://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...le-mother-treecomplete
    forum rules please read
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...ules-And-Facts
    Completeagent orange kali snapple critical kush sweettooth https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...-critical-kush
    completehttps://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...lowering-diary

8. The Following User Says Thank You to FACE For This Useful Post:

Dupe (08-06-14)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,117 Times

When do you add your pk face? I'm just gonna be using oldtimers aswell, I have a bloom boost also from OT, which I was told is the same as pk boost? Also given sample bottle of platinum which the guy from hydro shop is had some top reviews
    All the best pal

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PJR71 For This Useful Post:

Dupe (08-06-14), FACE (07-06-14)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 32,237 Times

Default Who's just using base nutes & nothing else?

Hey pj
    I start pk
    Week 3 quarter strength
    Week 4 half
    Week 5 full
    Week 6 half
    Week 7 quarter
    Works great I keep a low ec through whole gruw
    Veg 0.8-1.0 max even with plants 4 ft by 4 ft
    In flower max I go 1.4/5 ec
    Hope this helps u
    No heard if platinum I tend to stick with same stuff and never change a used canna for years and like to work with it u get used to using the same nutes n no what the ec n ph us with out even checking the mix u make as its just routine
    Last edited by FACE; 07-06-14 at 07:31 PM.

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to FACE For This Useful Post:

Agent of Asgard (08-06-14), badbillybob (24-08-14), Dupe (08-06-14), HaAzing (14-10-14), PJR71 (08-06-14)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,381 Times

Hello mate, in all honesty I think they do little more than empty your wallet. On my first grow I used all the bells and whistles(nutes,bloom boost,liquid silicon, h202 and rhizotonic) I had nothing but trouble and harvested 6 ounces from 2 plants under a 250 watt lamp in nft. My last grow, I only used base nutes(vita-link grow and bloom) with a little rhizotonic at the start and a bit of buddy in mid to late bloom. I harvested around 15 ounces(413g) from 2 plants under a 400 watt lamp in coco. You honestly don't need them.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The-Limey-Digit For This Useful Post:

Dupe (08-06-14), PJR71 (08-06-14)

Thanks

cheers for piping in all. Looks like then that maybe just a little bit of something else might help things along a bit Although still, I wonder how your grows would turn out with just base nutes, nothing else at all..hmm.. ill give it a go though why not, maybe a bit of pk or something, i should have a fairly stable few grows now to compare & see if it's doing owt.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FACE View Post
    Hey pj
    I start pk
    Week 3 quarter strength
    Week 4 half
    Week 5 full
    Week 6 half
    Week 7 quarter
    Works great I keep a low ec through whole gruw
    Veg 0.8-1.0 max even with plants 4 ft by 4 ft
    In flower max I go 1.4/5 ec
    Hope this helps u
    No heard if platinum I tend to stick with same stuff and never change a used canna for years and like to work with it u get used to using the same nutes n no what the ec n ph us with out even checking the mix u make as its just routine
    Nice bit of information Face.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Agent of Asgard For This Useful Post:

FACE (08-06-14)